[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GPU Cooling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 660_2GB_sm.png (225 KB, 588x378) Image search: [Google]
660_2GB_sm.png
225 KB, 588x378
So my EVGA GTX 660 has a single fan and is overheating a bit (80~85) while playing Fallout 4.

Flashed the bios so I could run the fan on 100% (It was locked at 75%), so now it stays at 100% all the time. I have a good PSU and good air flow. Changed thermal paste. Updated drivers.

The only way I've found to stay under 80c was to underclock this bitch, and that's no good; my last guess is that the problem is the cheap e-bay thermal paste I used, but could TIM make such a big difference of 5+ degrees?

Share your experiences and knowledge.
>>
>>51649743
yes it makes a difference because there is no heat spreader
>>
>>51649785
What paste do you reccomend?
>>
Also buy an after market cooler. Reference blowers are shit for cooling.
>>
>>51649819
I'm trying not to spend a lot with this card, but i have a lot of fans laying around, would attaching them to the main heatsink work?
>>
>>51649743
Don't buy EVGA cards.
>>
>>51649743
What kind of thermal paste did you use?

Record the temp after 20 of heavy usage at 75 fan speed, the another for 100.
>>
>>51649743
If it doesn't break at 80, why do you need to mess with it?
>>
>>51649743
honestly 80-85c is a safe gpu temp still, but you should be concerned if you break past 85.
>>
>>51649743
just get different cooler. There are shitload of different coolers, and if you'll buy good one (accelero xtreme or whatever), you'll probably use it in your next gpu.
>>
>>51650782
>>51650866
It gets peaks of around 86, and i'm also bothered by the performance drop.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.