[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 11-133-279-Z01.jpg (8 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
11-133-279-Z01.jpg
8 KB, 640x480
I'm planning on building a gaming computer pretty soon, and saw this deal on a case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-133-279&FM=1

It looks pretty appealing to me (I like the look and price of the case) but in order to get the rebate I have to order it in the next 5 days. I don't have any other components picked out, so my question is:

Is it a bad idea to buy a case first and then create your build to fit the case?
>>
Is Thermaltake the one that copies other people's designs? Because that looks identical to the Define R5.
>>
>>51649094

Case choice depends on what looks you want, components will fit in it unless you have more HDDs than slots available in the case.
>>
>>51649094
Too expensive. You can find real Fractal Design cases for less with no need for a rebate.
>>
>>51649094

>Is it a bad idea to buy a case first and then create your build to fit the case?

No you just have to make sure that your video card will fit. Of course you don't know what card you're buying yet. This means you might not be able to buy the biggest of cards (maybe; I don't know what will fit and what won't). But if you weren't going to do that/don't think it will be an issue then yeah what you want to do is fine. No reason not to buy the case since case tech doesn't change or advance at all.

>>51649142

Might heed this anon's advice. I don't know if he's correct.
>>
It looks almost identical to the fractal r4 which I've loved so far. It's very sturdy and comes with loads of shit.
>>
>>51649094

meme case
>>
>>51649094
Get the Fractal Design R5. THE. BEST. CASE. EVER. Period.
Just built my new PC (monster) and I L-O-V-E this case! Plus it's QUIET.
>>
>>51651029
why does the R5/4 get meme'd so much?
are they bad cases?
or are you faggots just being autistic?
>>
>>51651464
Great quality for the price
Good sound dampening
Flexible storage stack
R5 has a bunch of radiator mounting points
Easy to build in
Built in fan controller (3 fans)

It's a pretty solid case for the price. The only problem I have encountered is that the case temps with stock fans tends to be high. This can be fixed by investing in some good fans.
>>
>>51649094
Depending on how much space you have available, you might consider the core x9. It's massive, but it can easily fit 6 hdds with room for more, and improved my temps quite a bit. Sturdy construction with craploads of fan slots. That being said, it is, again, the size of a microwave or bigger, and is $20 more .
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.