[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there really such a thing as anonymous/secure browsing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 7065.Power20-20Lock_50462B2A.png (5 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
7065.Power20-20Lock_50462B2A.png
5 KB, 256x256
is there really such a thing as anonymous/secure browsing?
>>
>>51647662

No Tyler, there isn't.
>>
>>51647662
HTTPS will only stop someone sniffing whats going over the network. You need a VPN/Tor to be anonymous.
>>
>>51647789
Yeah OP vpn and tor and no one will ever find you.
yeah 100% sure.
yeah.
>>
>>51647662

No.

Metadata will always exist.
>>
>>51647802
I never said you were immune to being found. As long as you never login to accounts you logged into on clear web and don't post anything that can lead back to you on the internet, you have a very low chance of getting caught, if any.
>>
>>51647829
True. But i don't believe there is something as anonymous browsing.
The vpns/tor and proxy servers just make it harder
>>
>>51647802
Well, 2 VPNs (that don't keep logs), chained, and assuming the machines are properly configured (bonus points if the VPNs are using dnscrypt), and you're pretty much anonymous. The first VPN wouldn't have access to anything but encrypted bits, and the second one wouldn't have access to your IP.
>>
>>51647857
Sounds good enough.
Does anyone here is aiming to be almost untrackable ?
If you would have knowledge about all tech that would allow you to do it by yourself would you still browse shitty 4chin ?
You don't need that shit unless your country laws are strict about torrents. But even then you don't need 2 vpns to save you from trouble.
>>
>>51647662
agencies like NSA know more about you and your future than you know about yourself
>>
>>51647954
>agencies like NSA know more about you and your future than you know about yourself
Please. According to Snowden they haven't caught a single terrorist.
>>
>>51647969
They arent supposed to. Its just a front for domestic/intl mass surveillance and information control. They are the real terrorists.
>>
>>51647954
Except if you're a terrorist. Then they don't know shit about you because terrorists don't actually use facebook.
>>
>>51647889
>Does anyone here is aiming to be almost untrackable ?
I just burnt my SIN in Shadowrun Hong Kong, if thats what you were asking
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.