[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Czech guy gets BULLIED and HUMILIATED by huge Corporations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: '-'.png (755 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
'-'.png
755 KB, 1920x1080
A Czech guy gets BULLIED and HUMILIATED by huge Corporations for pirating some software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKjPutIlBCA
Turn the subs on for translation.

How do you feel /g/?
>>
>>51644669
if i was hit by that shit i would fuck off to another country
>>
Stealing is wrong
>>
File: piracy-vs-theft.jpg (186 KB, 825x820) Image search: [Google]
piracy-vs-theft.jpg
186 KB, 825x820
>>51644713
Fuck off MPAA
>>
You know pirating is a pretty shitty thing to do.
>>
File: 1439449576510.png (508 KB, 648x598) Image search: [Google]
1439449576510.png
508 KB, 648x598
>>51644730
I would probably be mad that someone copied my property without my permission and had thereby devalued it. I would also press charges.
>>
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 290x174
we need to get the anonyinmouso on them
>>
>>51644744
>ANIME
Is this a joke?
>>
>>51644744
>posting a stolen Chinese cartoon pic
How ironic.
>>
>>51644669
Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”
>>
Who cares about some fuckhead Slav?
>>
>>51644763
top lel l'anon
>>
>>51644669
hey he doesn't have to pay a fee if we watch the video right? So let's not watch the video.
>>
>>51645146
Good luck with that; His goal was 200k hits while the videos got over a million
>>
Serves him right.
>>
File: hahaha1.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hahaha1.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>51644669
>I used to do it for 8 years, shared dozens of gigabytes of data
What was he pirating??
>>
>>51645181
Software. I'd assume he's talking total size of all the programs he's shared, not total of all data transferred.
>>
>>51645181
twilight probably.
>>
>>51644750
We are the anon faggot.
>>
>>51645181
Microshill botnet
>>
>>51644669
Just viral fake from BSA
>>
>>51644669
How do corporations calculate damage costs?
>>
His pronunciation of ctrl-c and ctrl-v in the beginning was hilarious.
>>
>>51644750
aren't they still at school at this hour
>>
>>51645177
>>51645089
fucking this. stupid slav broke the law and got what he deserved. anyone who thinks he dindu nothin needs to fuck off and die, bunch of parasites.
>>
>>51647338
wow so edgy
>>>/b/
>>
>>51647515
>He waz a good boy, he dindu nuthin! He waz going to church every week and turnin his life around!
>>
>>51646768
They assume that every file that is shared was shared like a million times and they multiply the price by that
>>
>>51648022
How can they prove that in court however?
>>
>complains about being humiliated after stealing gigs of data

T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K
>>
Just share his video its not like anyone cares about the message it's supposed to send anyway.
>>
What will 200k viewers do you fucking czech retard?

This is clearly fake as fuck and is just an ad for whoever is edited the video. I wouldn't film a HD short while being fucking loaded on pirate charges.
>>
kek he was made an example of to other crackers
>>
>>51648096
the story seems to be real. Or at least all the people whose jobs are normally to fact check this shit didn't see anything ultimately suspicious (see pic).

The thing that bugs me is the notion that my (perhaps inadvertent) watching of the video effectively becomes a vote on my part to let this guy off. Maybe I agree with this sentiment in this case, maybe not. But if I watch the video and feel that a convicted criminal should still go to prison, how do I voice that? Is that even something that should be up to me? Is that the point of this video campaign?

If it's supposed to be the equivalent of community service, that might be even more specious; we don't threaten to put people in prison if the quality of the work they do in community service fails to live up to some expectation. This video got views because it was new - what about the next person who gets caught pirating, makes a video, and *doesn't* clear the threshold? They paid their debt to society - maybe shittily, but nonetheless they did - and it's not fair to hang this over their head still
>>
>>51644730
Developers made a product to make revenue through sales, not for niggers to download for free. Yet, some products like Adobe Photoshop are very expensive and I have no issue downloading things like that. Also torrents are full of malware and junk, is there any way to safely counter this?
>>
File: 1447873067909.png (739 KB, 1524x945) Image search: [Google]
1447873067909.png
739 KB, 1524x945
all Czechs should be lined up and shot
>>
>>51645181
>dozens of gigabytes
You could pirate one and a half current-gen AAA game and do that.
Maybe he was on timewarner cable
>>
>>51648215
top quality banter m8
>>
>>51648215
>Boston Bombers
Were from Kyrgyzstan and were Radicalized in Chechnya
>>
>>51648215
all the people you posted should be shot
>>
>>51648215
>this bad person is from <country>!
>that must mean the entire population of <country> are bad people!
how retarded can people get
>>
>>51648278
Works with israel
>>
>>51648102
thas raciss
>>
Could not possibly care less, but thanks for the shitpost.
>>
>>51648278
What's even funnier (or sadder?) is that they even got the country wrong....

BTW watching the video is pointless, it already has well over 200k views so they should let him go.... but you can still give a + to one of the top comments condemning BSA's practices and stuff.

Fun fact: BSA themselves left the country to avoid paying a fine when they lost a court.
>>
>>51645089
Who cares about you? Exactly, no one.
>>
File: Discarded_2.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
Discarded_2.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>51648208
>Anon
>>
>>51648031
They can't that's why they always pursue civil cases not criminal
>>
>>51644669
>making warez
>>
>>51644669
Czech here. Our laws for so called cybercrime are loose and poorly defined. We normally just pirate everything. Downloaders are completely safe and uploaders have to be very special kind of an idiot to ever get worse than Cease & Desist.

But the clip has the point about two things:
Every time you have to deal with a public institution (or public institution decides to deal with you) it's tons of paperwork.
And that 6 000 000 CZK (~230 000 USD) is amount of money average citizen won't make in their lifetime.
Also love the guy's apartment, nicely staged 1980's retro.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.