[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is your favorite package courier /g/? I always seem to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: carriers.jpg (162 KB, 650x580) Image search: [Google]
carriers.jpg
162 KB, 650x580
Who is your favorite package courier /g/?
I always seem to have hiccups with all of them except for USPS.

For years, I have only had 1 lost package by USPS which was found within 2 days.

I have had shit completely disappear from both FedEx and UPS.

Who do you use? Who do you like to deliver to you?
>>
UPS has been good to me. Our post service is awful. I've used Purolator a bit too, they were okay. I was pleasantly surprised with DHL, though, they got me my gook monitor in only a few days.

t. Canadian
>>
I haven't had a problem with any of them, and I don't really pay attention to shipping.
>>
>>51640936
USPS/Canada Post/Purolator

Never had any real problems.

Only had one package arrive damaged in my life, and it just had shirts in it so the contents were perfectly fine and I didn't have to raise shit.
>>
DHL never fucked up with me. Fedex has made some strange mistakes but nothing major. UPS can go fuck themselves.

I don't live in the USA but the things I've been shipped that started at USPS got here on time so I guess they're okay.
>>
>>51640936
USPS used to be the worst, but they've actually gotten better.
also, they don't leave shit on my porch to get stolen because they can put it in the lock box, which is a plus

UPS is okay.
Haven't had issues with FedEx, but nearly everything I order gets shipped USPS or UPS.
>>
>>51640936
FedEx lost the laptop charger I ordered in 2006. Mine died about two weeks before the end of the semester and I ordered same-day shipping. It got there about a week after finals were over.

USPS has been the most reliable for me. I haven't used DHL in years, but it was also very reliable.
>>
UPS is good to me. USPS and FedEx often decide not to even attempt delivery on the first day, claiming no one was home and that they left a note, neither of which is ever true.
>>
>>51640936
Reichsbürger here. I like DHL the most and hate Hermes.
>>
>>51640936
Estafeta
>>
File: DPD.jpg (79 KB, 1199x608) Image search: [Google]
DPD.jpg
79 KB, 1199x608
Master race coming through
>>
As a buyer, UPS. They're really fast.
As a seller, these guys. Overnight for the price of 3 day shipping.
>>
>>51641143
Forgot pic
>>
Canada Post

Purolator is okay, too.

Fuck UPS. Just fuck them. Whenever someone sends a package from the US, I hope it's going through USPS. Of all the 50+ packages I've received, the only ones that were damaged were from UPS.

Even Chinese couriers do a better job. Fuck.
>>
UPS and Fedex have both pissed me off within the past year. USPS has as well, but I'd rather use them than the other two.
>>
USPS never leaves a package at my house even if I signed off on it and they place the notice slips on my mailbox in a windy town so the fucking slip always goes missing and I gotta argue with them to get my package. The service at the local hub is also terrible and always busy. I'm pretty sure there understaffed.

UPS no big problems here they do there job albeit slowly.

Fedex is fucking god tier in my area. Will always leave my package when I want it to and they cover it in a bag. The drivers are also pretty smart about hiding my package in a non visible area from the street so no one steals it. The hub is a 30 min drive but I never have to wait long to grab a package or send anything.

Tldr
Fedex god tier
>>
>>51640936
Never had a problem with any of them.

UPS is the only one who has me sign for packages though... or was it FedEx?

Well I dont have a mailing box so if I get USPS I have to go to the post office anyway, so that can be an annoyance.
>>
>>51640936
USPS is GOAT, amazingly fast and relatively cheap.
>>
>>51641162
I see these trucks every so often. They never seem to have an actual destination.

And I always think they're a commercial laundry service for some reason.
>>
has anybody here ever tried saying that you package wasn't delivered even though it was?
>>
>>51640936
UPS
>>
i have literally never had problems with ups

fedex makes you have to sign up for their site or some shit in order to mail a fucking letter which i had to for some embassy shit

usps has lost a couple packages
>>
>>51641723
yes why

easiest to do is on amazon. wait a couple days after it's delivered, then say you've checked everywhere, can't find it, you're sure it's not in your house or outside

do this via email, then they'll send you a replacement by default. if you want a refund you have to ask for it explicitly (is there any way i can get a refund?)

sometimes they'll give you free one-day shipping on your next purchase. you can only do this once or twice, with a ton of legit purchases in between. i have done it with a 1000$ item once. just don't do it often, maybe on a one-time big purchase item or some shit
>>
I've had experience with USPS (of course), UPS, and FedEx.
USPS has been good to me (so far) but my mother claims her mailman stole some phone chargers.
She hasn't fully trusted USPS with packages since.

I often feel bad for delivery personal. They get a lot of shit when they're literally just the messenger. But then those videos of horrible handlers get leaked on youtube and it's back to neutral.
>>
Just today USPS lost a Metallica album I ordered, but other than that, it's been fine.
>>
>>51641759
just bought a sapphire r9 390 and 16gb of ram. thinking about saying i never got it, but not sure if it would work
>>
>>51640936
USPS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a pile of shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ups/fedex
>>
Canada Post is
who usually delivers my shit, and I have no complaints. My stuff usually comes faster than expected
>>
>>51641799
Hue they did you a favor
>>
>>51641854
As long as they don't make you sign, it should be good.
>>
>>51641912
This is accurate, just switch USPS with Canada Post since I'm a Canuck.
>>
>>51642014
what do you mean? i didnt sign for the package when it came. they just left it on my front porch
or are they gonna make me sign for all future deliveries?
>>
>>51641799

>ordering music on physical media through the mail

Holy 90's
>>
File: vhs.jpg (5 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
vhs.jpg
5 KB, 285x177
I used to work for DHL, fuck those guys. Everyone just smoked weed and fucked around while we prepared everyone's junkmail. Oh and I was stoned as fuck all the time and I'm writing shipping manifests for the trucks. What in the actual fuck.
>>
>>51642052
No, some sellers require a signature, if this one didn't then feel free to commit fraud.
>>
>>51642080
well i never had to sign for anything
>>
>>51642106
im the guy you responded to initially

when did it arrive? literally send them this.

"Hi, I was wondering about the status of my package, the one with the R9 390 and 16GB of RAM, which was supposed to arrive on [INSERT DATE HERE]. The Amazon site says it's delivered, and so does the online tracking, but I've yet to actually receive the product. I've checked all around the house, I don't live with any roommates, and I'm positive none of my family picked it up.

Is my package still in transit somewhere? If not, is there any way I can get a refund? Cheers, [INSERT YOUR FIRST NAME HERE]."
>>
It honestly depends on what you're shipping, and where you live. I set up courier shipments at work, and Fedex is generally the fastest and most reliable for getting shit delivered on time. I like being able to schedule same day pickup, unlike the other guys that are next day. They are also pretty expensive. If you can wait a few business days, use ground. You can send a box across the country for 10 bucks. Be careful when using them for international though. UPS works, but I find they deliver at weird times. Like some days they come before noon, and others they come after 5. Purolator is ok, but I dislike their online setup, and they don't allow same day pickup. My company won't use DHL anymore because they have really fucked up in the past. Canada post has pretty reasonable rates, but they make you go to the post office to pick up any shit that doesn't fit in the mailbox. Canpar is another one I'm looking into, if you're a Canada fag. You can schedule online with a credit card and they're much cheaper than Fedex.
>>
>>51642314
it arrived today.
hmmm thanks, i just might try this. although i ordered from newegg so ill just swap that out for "amazon".

do they usually make you jump through a bunch of hoops?
>>
>>51642388
no. mine have always gone through without a hitch.

also wait a couple days. don't do it the day of. just do it on thursday or friday or something.
>>
>>51640936
UPS fucked up my glass desk 3 times in a row. I order from FedEx all of the time, including a great deal of next day morning deliveries of fragile parts with no issues so far. USPS has not screwed up to me so far. But have not used them that often.
>>
>>51642398
yeah thats what i was thinkning. thanks!
>>
USPS now offers street addressing for their PO boxes. They got rid of the lockboxes at my local post office though.
>>
Only problem I ever had with USPS was when I accidentally swapped two digits on a box I mailed. So the fuckup was on my part.

Last month I ordered something and they shipped via FedEx's so-called "Smartpost." Thing took two and a half fucking weeks to show up. Half of that time I didn't know where the fuck the package was. Part of that service apparently involves using postal service, so for over a week all the tracking page said was "handed off to USPS."
>>
File: PH15433LOGO.jpg (24 KB, 400x77) Image search: [Google]
PH15433LOGO.jpg
24 KB, 400x77
These guys are excellent at last mile delivery, especially when available instead of USPS.
>>
usps is great, no bullshit where i have to wait for the others from 11 AM to whenever they decide to come because my apartment is gated.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.