[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mark Zuckerberg is donating 99% of his Facebook shares,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
>Mark Zuckerberg is donating 99% of his Facebook shares, valued at $45 billion to charity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34978249

Why is this man so great?
>>
You have to admit, Gates and Zuckerberg have done more real good for the world than Stallman, Linus and the like ever did.
>>
>>51637166
this desu senpaitachi
i have just purchased 10 w10 phones to support charity
>>
File: butthat'swrong.gif (1 MB, 305x239) Image search: [Google]
butthat'swrong.gif
1 MB, 305x239
>>51637166
He's donating all the money to a charity he or his family controls in order to evade the estate tax.
>>
>>51637062
>over the course of his lifetime

Now we wait..?
>>
>>51637166
>putting money into circulation
>real good
You need to study basic economics. Also maybe anthropology, if you truly believe any of that money will make a difference to anything.

It's a nice thought and I'm sure the media will be sucking him raw for months to come, but it's not "real good". At the very least there'll be a financial gain for him / Facebook. >>51637247 could plausibly be the case.
>>
>>51637247
>yfw this is most likely the case
>>
>>51637062

Jewish charities?
>>
>>51637062
>>51637166
>>>/g/fag
>>
>>51637166
Nigger, Facebook was built with free software.
>>
>>51637247
Do you honestly believe that his progeny are able to benefit from these charity donations after Mark's death?
>>
>>51637166
>I have no idea what charities are
>tax breaks are great for humanity goyim :^)
kek
>>
>>51637062
What happens when the charities sell all the shares?
>>
>>51637166

They are just going to pump money into the education black hole and charity for the idiot races who like to race towards a Malthusian finish line.
>>
Well damn, if he isn't careful he may just warm my cold cynical heart.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447507134658.jpg (28 KB, 459x577) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447507134658.jpg
28 KB, 459x577
>>51637346
I'll warm ye cold, cynical giblets, m8
>>
>>51637062
Looks like /g/ was wrong again.
>>
>>51637409

Huh
>>
>shares
How much did he cash out prior to this?
>>
>haha I will just take this investor money and put it in a fund for "humanitarian cause"

>gullible fucks
>>
>>51637062
RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT

this is how it begins

Max will be the first of the new breed of haves

Unlimited money, and access to genetic advancements that will allow her to live forever and amass infinite power.

We must all join together to stop the rich and their anti-aging drugs. Don't fall for their memes. They're not going to share them with you, they say "the price will come down" but it never will. You will be born, you will be a slave to their products, and then you will die. They will not.

Kill the rich, class war now

[spoiler]no edge[/spoiler]
>>
>ruin the internet and modern techn with facebook
<dontate the shares to charity

SAVAGE
>>
>>51637166
I'd disagree.

Gates got where he is by charging an arm and a leg to everyone he could.
This includes charities and schools.

If you worked it out over the long run Gates has probably cost 'charitable causes' and the needy more than he's given them.

Zuckerberg isn't a saint either.
>>
>>51637409
Was /g/ wrong before or after he created the world's largest surveillance network for the fascists in their ivory towers to syphon all of our data from?
>>
>Its initial areas of focus will be personalised learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities.
So mostly fluff that just makes him feel good about himself for being so charitable.
>>
I wonder what's the scam behind this.
>>
>>51637166
BU-BUT MY FREEDOM® AND OPEN SOURCE!
>>
>>51637166
I think they've caused more harm than good.

And connecting people to a facebook and facebook affiliate exclusive network is hardly helping people, it's just furthering your own power and control

I agree with >>51637619 kill the fucking rich
>>
File: worried_dog.jpg (22 KB, 392x413) Image search: [Google]
worried_dog.jpg
22 KB, 392x413
>>51637062
Funding Achmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed?
>>
He must be feeling guilty about jewing all those normies in to giving him every aspect of their daily, public and private lives so he can make bank.
>>
>>51637166
From a technical/engineering standpoint they have not. They both have done as much as jobs.
>>
Sounds like that indian guy who started 5 hour energy.
>>
>donating their fortune to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Did only two fucking people in this thread read the actual article?
Its his own goddamn charity.
>>
>>51637166
but Linus and those guys have made some great projects. Have you seen Luke's fallout bomb PC?

Also he helped me learn how to make PCs so I think he is up there.
>>
>>51637062
I really hope this is some sort of scam he set up. You'd have to be really stupid to donate that much money.
>>
>it all goes into Soros foundations
>>
File: 1414794635798.jpg (14 KB, 284x231) Image search: [Google]
1414794635798.jpg
14 KB, 284x231
>>51637896
>goyim needs to think I'm donating to charity
>but I don't like giving money
>oh I know, I'll just donate money to myself!
>fukken brilliant
>>
>>51638383
He isn't donating money though, he is donating shares.

The charities would still have to sell the shares to get money.

I guess the idea is to give the charities some kind of investment rather than capital, but it is still volatile instead of liquid.
>>
>>51637324
do you honestly believe any of the people the charity claims they want to help will see any of the money?
>>
>donating to your own charity
>>
You better lawyer up asshole
>>
>>51637062
>>Mark Zuckerberg is donating 99% of his Facebook shares, valued at $45 billion to charity

This is a way to get more even influence in the developing world. It's probably the greatest power move in history.

Why fight it. Fuck it I'll just make the account, my mom keeps telling me to anyway.
>>
So he's donating to himself?
>>
How do I get some of this jew gold?
>>
>"Donate" shares he cant sell to a "Charity" he has a controlling stake in.
>Do so over a few years, write that lump off in taxes each year.
>Gubmint gives a write-off for the donation, charity takes shares he cant liquidate without looking bad, now liquid assets are his by proxy.

Brilliant.
>>
File: jews_win.jpg (64 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
jews_win.jpg
64 KB, 600x589
>>51637062
With Semites, you're alright! Truly Jews are our greatest ally
>>
Amazing. Donating most of the money he got from stealing from cofounders and spying on users. How generous.

I robbed a bank earlier today, but since I only bought two cars and a yacht before donating the rest to charity I'm a great guy!

Or, rather, I WILL donate it. I'll be living a life of luxury in the meantime, but I SWEAR I'll donate 99% later.
>>
>>51638383
>You'd have to be really stupid to donate that much money.
Why?
>>
>>51639075
>gettinf this bumrustled
>>
Hopefully he'll use it well. His previous philanthropic efforts, like the Breakthrough Prize, were pretty incompetent.
>>
>>51637062

He is a great entrepreneur, good at building this huge internet service, not denying that. But what makes him think he is good at philanthropy? I'd say the best thing he could do for the rest is just keep building facebook and other like, if he builds something good the market forces will notice and it sticks. Mark zuckerbergs problem is that he has lot of money and he doesn't know what to do with it. Philanthropy is the easy way out, building something that people really want, like facebook, is hard. This is announcement is disappointing, it's really just a retirement announcement from Mark Zuckerberg.
>>
>>51637062
Donating thousands of smartphones/tablets to 3rd world nignogs just for them to join his datamining collective isn't charity
>>
>donate your money to your own charity
>get most of it back and write everything off of your taxes
What a great man.
>>
>>51637324
If his family all become employees or board members of the charity they can receive a salary.

Yes, they will have to pay taxes on that salary, but it's still more tax efficient than giving his kid a big lump sum which will be subject to inheritance tax.
>>
>>51637062
戴绿帽子
>>
File: 1388990219362.gif (474 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1388990219362.gif
474 KB, 500x383
>>51637271
>>
>>51637062
>charity

Has anyone actually studied if that tripe does anything anyhow?
>>
It's early to know what he plans to do with those stocks but if he is planning to become one of the greatest philanthropists in history then good on him.

I just wish I wasn't such a cynic.
>>
>>51639720
That's what I thought. He's rich enough so maybe he wants to secure his legacy forever. Selfish reasons but the result is good. I don't want to be proven wrong if he just wants to secure his riches forever.
>>
>>51637269
Basic (and advanced) economics don't say that. There's a positive trend in most studies I know of. Can you list some?

And people are severely overrating how big the tax breaks are. He's not going to get more rich by donating 45 billion to charity
>>
>>51639768
Well we'll see won't we.
>>
>>51637062
This is the oldest scam in the book. Starting your own charitable foundation to avoid paying taxes. top kek
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.