[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how good do you need to be at math to major in CS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: timetocode.webm (2 MB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
timetocode.webm
2 MB, 1152x648
So how good do you need to be at math to major in CS?
>>
dumb hamsterposter
>>
I'm a new 4chan fagget, what anime is that clip from?
>>
Pretty good
>>
>>51636672
Doragonu Booru Zeto
>>
>>51636672
Nichijou. Its great comedy
>>
Calc 2
>>
>>51636672
Naruto
>>
>>51636672
Boku no Pico
>>
There's too damn much looping in Anime. Jesus Christ. That's maybe a 3-4 second clip without looping.
>>
>>51636706
Weeb comedy is not comedy. Its cringe shit.
>>
>>51636756
For you
>>
Most of CS can be abstracted to higher level math, so being good at it is helpful. Nothing is stopping you from being good at CS if you aren't good at math though, a lot of it is intuitive
>>
>>51636858

This. Being good at maths will work wonders, since most algorithms are defined by abstraction and logical thinking.
>>
>>51636858
>implying CS is not math
CS is a field of math you dullard
>>
>>>/a/
>>
You've gotta do calculus, discrete mathematics, and potentially differential equations depending on your school's program.

If you did decent and understand the main concepts behind trig and algebra, you'll do just fine with some work put into it.
>>
File: 1434680358347.png (5 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434680358347.png
5 KB, 500x500
>>51636597
To add on to this, how much do the actual jobs you get with a CS degree involve high level math? My issue isn't that I'm bad at math, I'm just not exactly a fan. I can deal with it to get my degree, and I can deal with it from time to time in the workplace, I just don't want to be doing calculus every single day.
>>
>>51636672
Oniisan ChinChin Daisuki
>>
File: Shitposting Firefairy.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting Firefairy.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>51636597
>not even the shitpost version

breh
>>
>>51637147
It really depends on the specific branch you go into, but you most likely will never use it outside of school
>>
>>51636597
To get your bachelors and move on? Just need to get past calculus, though you'll probably never actually use anything higher than algebra.

To go on to graduate work and academics? All the math you can handle if not more.
>>
>>51636672
it is where the anime where the girl is very successful all around by day and very chinese cartoon culture oriented by night
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.