[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since thunderbird is kill, what are you going to jump ship to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: thunderbird.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
thunderbird.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
Since thunderbird is kill, what are you going to jump ship to?
>>
>>51636446
>not using mutt
>>
Hopefully Mozilla releases the source code so people can continue to develop it. I'm on OS X so I have a limited number of choices.
>>
>>51636670
It's not proprietary...
>>
>>51636446
Thunderbird devs are leaving that sinking ship and starting their own thing.
>>
>>51636446
How is thunderbird kill, exactly?
>>
jaromail forever and ever
>>
>>51636715
It isn't. That's just standard 4chan rhetoric.
>>
i'm using geary atm
has some bugs but overall pretty good
>>
>>51636446
I wouldn't worry too much. People are making it seem like Mozilla is pushing this. If you read the TB Status Meeting Minutes, it's the devs wanting to do this.

Of course, it is stimulated partially by not really getting any funding or help from Mozilla anymore, so there's that.

From my understanding, they also want to move TB from being based on Gecko since it ends up being extremely heavy for the use case and has all the baggage of all the changes Moz is doing to XUL and such. They've been finding outside funding sources and plan on doing a funding drive.

Overall, it seems like a move to better the health of the project, rather than just resting in the safe corner of Mozilla they are currently in.
>>
>2015
>not using Mailbird
>>
I've been meaning to change my mail client from Outlook 2013. What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>51636776
>Something is happening to this
>That definitely means it's dead. Can't be anything else.
>>
File: fossamail.png (109 KB, 622x314) Image search: [Google]
fossamail.png
109 KB, 622x314
>>51636446
this desu
>>
File: 1448209114569.jpg (2 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1448209114569.jpg
2 KB, 189x189
I wish I knew how to block Postbox from communicating with its update server so I can continue using pirated Postbox. Postbox is God tier compared to Thunderbird. But there's no way I'm ever going to pay for Postbox because it's basically a skinned and better Thunderbird. Plus, why would/should I pay for a/an e-mail client anyway? No one's cracked the latest Postbox which is 4.0.8 ;_;
>>
>>51637642
write your own, nigger
>>
>>51636446
I've been using Evolution.
It does its job. It's not particularly amazing. But it's also not too bad.

With one exception. One Bug that has been driving me nuts.

When I open Evolution, if I miss-type my password, it'll just keep re-trying it, without prompting me to re-enter it. I've tried looking for a re-authenticate button or menu or something, can't find anything. My google-fu didn't turn up any results either.

The only thing I can do, is close the whole program, and re-launch it, to get a new password prompt.

Seems kind of stupid. I know you don't want to bug the users about their password all the time. But at the same time, if you (the program), have tried the user's input 40+ times, and it still isn't authenticating, perhaps it is time to re-prompt for new input.
>>
>>51636446
Gmail in a browser, or the app on my phone

???
>>
Win 10 mail app.

Honestly I tried it and it's not that bad, never bothered installing TB.
>>
>>51636670
>Hopefully Mozilla releases the source code
What?
>>
File: ApplicationIcon.png (840 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ApplicationIcon.png
840 KB, 1024x1024
>>51636446
http://www.apple.com/osx/apps/#mail
>>
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-email
>>
>>51637694
Outlook mail doesn't sync properly on it
>>
>>51636446
I'm going to keep using Opera like I have been

What does this mean for SeaMonkey?
>>
>>51636518
this desu
>>
> not hosting your own email server
>>
Been using Geary, but now that the group that developed is disbanded, might switch over to evolution or thunderbird, since it is most definitely not kill.
>>
>>51638040
>email server == email ciient

how stupid of you anon.

just slink away now.
>>
I have tried using evolution
I have tried using Kmail
Just nope, nothing really compares to thunderbird, even if they stop maintaining it or whatever it will be still way superior
>>
>>51638097
go easy on them, it was probably their first attempt at memeing
>>
thunderbird on my desktop and laptop
default miui client on my phone
outlook 2013 on my work laptop because that's what my workplace provides and it works nicely with domain accounts and shit like meetings etc
default client on my windows phone (work one), again great synergy with domain accounts
>>
>>51636518
Not using nmh or mmh
>>
File: 1391449749145.jpg (133 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
1391449749145.jpg
133 KB, 1280x856
>>51636699
Sauce ?
>>
>>51636446
I'm just going to stop using email.
>>
>>51636446
Seriously outlook on windows10 is better than that shit
>>
>>51637918
Works for me fàm
>>
>Firefox is being slowed by considerations being made to Thunderbird

But they aren't developing Thunderbird anymore. What resources does doing literally nothing take. They are only doing exploit fixes.
>>
>>51637600
>already use Pale Moon like a big gay furry
>now this
This day just keeps getting better and better
>>
File: 1367905015817.gif (3 MB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
1367905015817.gif
3 MB, 380x250
>>51638797
You're failing to understand.
This is just another symptom of Mozilla wanting to go further in a terrible direction.
It's not about what will actually happen (as you've pointed out, nothing will really) it's what the action of them choosing to announce this implies.

I miss when the internet was fun, wobsites were usable, and browsers didn't have to be fully fledged stand alone operating systems.
>>
While the Thunderbird source code from the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins and addons. Also their trademark license restricts distribution in several ways incompatible with freedom 0. Instead use a completely free implementation, IceDove.
>>
>>51636446
the inevitable fork
>>
>>51637915
The stock W10 mail client is decent but for some reason it doesn't even sync properly, at least with botnet Gmail.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.