[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAP MEME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: Meme.jpg (562 KB, 2749x3186) Image search: [Google]
Meme.jpg
562 KB, 2749x3186
So I fell for the high end digital audio player meme after listening to you fuckers advice.

I dropped $500 on this piece of shit and my music sounds no better than it did off my iPhone 6s. If anything, I'd say it sounds worse.

From the way you guys go on about it. I thought FLAC was meant to make your music better but lo and behold it's just another crock of shit. Even after re encoding all my MP3s into FLAC and DSD they still sounded the same.

Seriously, I have no idea how you fucking placebophiles can yammer on endlessly about this shit when it doesn't make a single god damn difference.

I'll be tossing this piece of garbage in a drawer and going back to my iPhone for music.
>>
>>51633558
god damnit andrei why
>>
>>51633558
>use shit tier apple headphones
theres your problem
>>
you're literally the only guy who owns that a&k dap on /g/

either way epic trol
>>
>>51633558
b8. but ill bite. use real headphones, put an actual FLAC file instead of your shitty247kbs mp3, not even 320 like come on\
>>
>someone in /g/ told me to buy a $500 product that I know nothing about
Makes sense that you own an iPhone 6. You're apparently too dumb to realize that you can sell it on Ebay.
>>
>>51633558
>Even after re encoding all my MP3s into FLAC
Holy shit nigger, are you retarded?
>>
>>51633558
>reencoding mp3s to flac
>apple earpods
>spending $500 to listen to lossy compressed music
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>51633597
>>51633610

So you're saying the music would sound better if I was to get some Beats or Bose headphones?
>>
>>51633558
This bait is so shit that most people didn't even notice it.
>>
>>51633692
>beats
>bose
Holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>51633558
firstly, use a decent pair of audio drivers, like god dam you want better audio but use $30 headphones?
second, why do you expect to get better quality audio from a shitty mp3? even if you re encode it you still have shitty audio files. get some real flacs first.
third, you just go out on a limb and buy a product that you have little to no idea about, and expect the world from it. it pisses me off that people dont take time to think about decisions before they do shit, honestly you deserve what you get for being a clueless idiot with more money than sense.
>>
>>51633558

Welcome to the real world, bruh
>>
>I thought FLAC was meant to make your music better
FLAC is for archiving. Just use mp3 v0.
>>
>>51633735
Besides my friend's Beats Studio he let me try, the apple earpods are easily the best headphones I've ever listened to. And I've tried a lot of headphones.

Also, a FLAC is a FLAC. Just because I made it, or someone else made it doesn't make it any different. The file type is still FLAC. What's the difference?

Tons of people are always saying that getting a good DAP will instantly make your music sound better. I mean this thing has a fucking wolfson DAC inside it, surely it should sound better than my iPhone.
>>
>>51633793
nice meme
>>
File: image_12.jpg (39 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
39 KB, 478x373
>>51633558

But seriously anyone who doesn't just listen to music through their phone or has a problem with streaming services or Bluetooth connections should really crawl out of their own ass and try getting laid
>>
>>51633805
>>51633805
Are you trolling? What are you doing on /g/? You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>51633879
I came here to vent and hopefully stop someone else falling for this meme.

I wasted a boatload of money on a shitty iPod clone which doesn't even do what it's supposed to do, after listening to the people who supposedly DO know what they're talking about. If nothing else, hopefully this thread will stop others making the same mistake.
>>
>>51633969
Nobody here would make the same mistake because nobody here is stupid enough to spend $600 on a music player.
Even the idiots in /hpg/ don't spend that much on their DACs and headphone amps.
>>
>>51633558
>apple earphones

OP it doesnt matter how delicious a meal is if your spoon is covered with shit.
>>
File: Untitled.gif (161 KB, 1542x941) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
161 KB, 1542x941
>>51633992
Yes, they do. Pic related.

>>51634016
Like I said before, Apple Earpods are L I T T E R A L L Y the best headphones I've tried besides Beats, but I don't have enough autism to walk around with huge headphones.
>>
>>51634096
nobody believes you're literally this retarded
stop
>>
>>51633805
i genuinely cant tell if this is bait or you are just the most incompetent faggit ever
>>
>>51633558
The layers of bait here are just...
>implying flac sounds better
>conversion upscaling
>those headphones

This has got to be a joke
>>
>>51633558
>Even after re encoding all my MP3s into FLAC and DSD they still sounded the same
get the actual flac files, reencoding an mp3 is just retarded, no wonder you had an iphone
>using apple memephones
>"So you're saying the music would sound better if I was to get some Beats or Bose headphones?"
get some real headphones like koss or something
>>
>>51634096
Beats are about 5x worse than the default apple headphones

you can buy inner ear buds from real companies

>I've tried
theres your fucking problem
best buy never show cases good headphones just beats and turtle beach

also
>247 Kbps
>TWO HUNDREAD AND FORTY SEVEN

THIS IS WHY YOU HEAR NO DIFFERENCE

THAT PLAYER IS DESIGNED FOR 1000+ Kbps

holy fuck why are listening to you-tube rips
>>
>>51634096
>"apple earbuds and beats are the best i've tried"
you really are retarded, i am literally praying this is b8, if not, you should see a doctor for your deaf problems AND your autist behavior
>>
>>51633610
>FLAC
>not DSD
http://rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php?nm=DSD
>>
File: 1442854066932.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1442854066932.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>51633692
You can't be serious
>>
>>51633558
>Even after re encoding all my MP3s into FLAC and DSD they still sounded the same
thats the point. working as intended
>>
>>51634157
>>51634193

How are Beats worse than Apple Earpods? They have waaaay more bass.
>>
>>51633692
bad bait.
>>
Im new to /g/, started lurking today and damn this board is friendly. No way in hell people would give such genuinely polite answers in any other board. desu lads.
>>
File: 1447131083974.jpg (6 KB, 230x220) Image search: [Google]
1447131083974.jpg
6 KB, 230x220
>>51634227
>they have waaaay more bass, so they are better
>>
>>51634227
that's it i'm done with this trolling holy fuck
you win 10/10

that's literally the problem
HEADPHONES SHOULD NOT ALTER THE SOUND

it ups the bass and seriously fucks with the mids and trebble making them sound like a tin can, LITERALLY THE REASON YOU BOUGHT INTO THE FLAC MEME

NOT FOR BASS
>>
>>51634279
holy fuck i see now

Dr Dre convinced all the wanna be rappers and DJs to use beats

The bass is already boosted from the headphones, making nignogs less likely to fuck up their master, they think its thumping and sound great, then listen to it on a proper system and it sounds normal like it should.

fucking based dre saving music
>>
>>51634279
http://mic.com/articles/120137/science-suggests-bassists-are-far-more-important-than-most-people-realize

So now you're claiming you know more than scientists?
>>
>>51634255
>what's /3/
>>
>>51634322
some days i really really really hate this board
you know exactly what i ment faggot
>>
>>51633558
>spending $500 on a DAP
wew lad
>>
File: U8INyfB.gif (2 MB, 300x159) Image search: [Google]
U8INyfB.gif
2 MB, 300x159
>>51634311
>>
>>51634279
Actually your ear alter the sound too.
>>
I know OPs post is b8 but FLAC really is placebo.
>>
File: 1375423017478.png (9 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1375423017478.png
9 KB, 235x236
>>
File: 001.png (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
001.png
40 KB, 600x600
I know this is bait and there's no way anyone is this stupid but let me just go ahead and refute some of your points:
>I dropped $500 on this piece of shit and my music sounds no better than it did off my iPhone 6s
While that player is designed for listening at 1000kb/s+, it is a bit of a meme since apple products have always had good DACs built in. Whoever told you to buy a $600 audio player when you already had an $800 device was trolling or ignorant.
>From the way you guys go on about it. I thought FLAC was meant to make your music better but lo and behold it's just another crock of shit.
Well you're using apple earbuds, they're not exactly the best. Beats and Bose are also overpriced shit, look into Audio Technica ATH-M40X or M50X for actual listening. maybe some AKGs. Ask /hpg/ about smaller earbuds.
>Even after re encoding all my MP3s into FLAC and DSD they still sounded the same.
You're joking, right? This is the most ill-informed part of your post. MP3 (and AAC, M4A, OGG, etc.) are "lossy" formats. Derived from a master "lossless" source like FLAC, WAV, etc. (in some cases converted from other lossy sources, which usually ends with them sounding like shit). It does absolutely NOTHING to convert from a "lossy" source like MP3 to a "lossless" source like FLAC. The information is lost. It's the same concept as trying to upscale a DVD to "1080p" It's never going to look as good as a Blu-Ray because the information was never there in the first place. Same thing with audio.
The only reasons you should be using FLAC are if you want to archive your music and have the option to convert to other formats in the future, or if you have proper (read: expensive) audio equipment. I keep an archive of FLACs as an archive just in case, but listen to 256kb/s AACs most of the time.

Regardless of this probably being a troll post, hope I helped.
Pretty much return/resell that player, keep using your iPhone 6s, look into nicer earbuds / earphones (that aren't Beats or Bose).
>>
File: 2fAPx.jpg (450 KB, 1216x1632) Image search: [Google]
2fAPx.jpg
450 KB, 1216x1632
>>51635106
Also look into getting FLAC directly from the source if you want that (CD rips with proper settings, shady Russian torrent sites, etc.)
If you want to convert FLAC to use on your iPhone (or iTunes) but keep it lossless, convert to ALAC (Apple Lossless). Or you could rip your CDs in iTunes directly to ALAC. From there you can convert to AAC, MP3, whatever you like.
>>
>>51635157
There is a Apple section on Rutracker, AAC and ALAC with tags and texts.
>>
>>51633805
This is b8, but whatever.

FLAC is a filetype. It is a way of storing information. Think of it this way: imagine the music as a drawing. Really shitty filetypes are crayon scribbles, really hi-fi filetypes are oil on canvas paintings.

What you have done is made an oil painting of a crayon scribble. It is a very faithful reproduction of the crayon scribble, but it still based on a piece of shit. What you want is an oil painting whatever the Crayola-wielding toddler was looking at when he embarked on his artistic endeavor.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.