[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can even white Windows compete this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Desktop2.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Desktop2.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
How can even white Windows compete this?
>>
By having non-shit window management and non-meme window controls.
>>
>>51627316
by having programs that actually close when you hit the X
>>
Is it out of Beta? I want to hackintosh but it's kinda pointless with a beta edition.
>>
>>51627316
>wannabe elementary os lookalike
Fucking even tiny core looks better than that.
Apple is like the Chinese, they see others designs, make their own shitty copy, but instead of selling cheaper, they stamp their logo on it and sell it at a markup.
>>
>>51627336
Windowsbaby.
Oh you probably won't get that at all and only get insulted so well only windows does that retarded thing with equating closing the gui to terminating the process, and if you haven't used other desktop oses and don't know that this way is the standard and windowsway is just another ms hurrdurrism then you are literally a baby desu senpai.
Also windows can't even do that properly. Some things quit completely, other things just hide to tray, but welp consistency is something that ms is unaware of.
>>
File: archey.png (112 KB, 1344x1116) Image search: [Google]
archey.png
112 KB, 1344x1116
>>51627494
I've been using El Capitan on my hackintosh for a while now. Most recently it's been up for 27 days with no indication of needing a reboot or anything like that.
>>
>>51627599
how did you enable high-dpi? What is your monitor resolution?
>>
>>51627602
That's ssh'd from my rMBP but OS X just handles scaling automatically on my UP2414Qs (which are 24" 4k monitors). Maybe it's the nvidia web drivers for my GTX 970 (which was a little shaky for a while)
>>
>>51627599
i'm gonna hack ur ip :DDDDD
>>
>>51627614
the user gives away my real name and incidentally the hostname field does as well (the hackintosh is remotely reachable, so I gave it a subdomain on ddns, although maybe I should give it a subdomain on my personal domain so I can stop reconfirming my status with them...).
>>
>>51627316
>Using Pages

Just kill yourself
>>
thanks for SN op
>>
>>51627633
>dock doesn't indicate it's running
>new installations populate the dock with all those icons
welcome to new setups.
>>
>>51627577
yea apple copied elementary os not the other way lol
>>
>>51627664
He's just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>51627316
Windows will never eat shit from their hands at a world class level like OSX.
>>
>>51627764
i would describe their attempt to reengineer a shell (seemingly only to spite real developers) as similar to eating prolapsed intestine.
>>
Never had problems with OS X. It just works, unless it doesn't, then you're fucked. Been running Hackintoshes for a while now and they're stable on proper hardware.
>>
>>51627612
How does the 970 handle 4k monitors on OS X?

The only game I play is rather low on the graphics department, so I think it should be able to handle it and I'd be curious to up my resolution.
>>
>>51628636
I've never heard the 970 fans spin up, so my very informal sense is that it's overkill. I think when I was looking around I found that a lower spec card would have sufficed except for the fact that relatively few cards before the 970's introduction had DP 1.2, so you couldn't get 4k at 60Hz.

Over the course of dealing with driver issues (which largely manifested in not letting me set 60Hz), I found that I honestly didn't care anyway (I mostly use these monitors for coding and browsing the web - I have a typical 1080p monitor in regular orientation on the side for videos), but a lot of people seem utterly contemptuous of 30Hz.

I can see why I wouldn't want to be stuck with that 100% of the time, but I've gone long stints with these monitors in 30Hz while nvidia's web drivers were being worked out, and it's just not an issue for my use cases.

Anyway, the tl;dr of that is "970 is more than enough for everyday desktop usage, but for the fact that you need DP 1.2 to drive 4k at 60Hz, and cards with multiple dp1.2 ports were pretty hard to find outside of the 970 and 980s
>>
>>51627599
I've only just started using El Capitan but I don't really know how to configure Clover properly. I'm used to the old Chameleon methods which no longer work, plus I need to boot into the recovery partition to disable SIP and get kp's when I attempt to do so.

It's fucking fast though, and the UI is beautiful.
>>
>>51628687
it's honestly been so long that i have too little memory to help anyone with their install/setup. i definitely didn't spend longer than an afternoon doing the imaging and setup, but i probably crawled through the tonymacosx forums pretty aggressively.
>>
>>51628698
With Hackintosh setups sometimes discovering one thing that is broken leads you to fix another thing. I boot successfully with a few added kexts and no additional boot flags, but audio isn't working (ALC889) and Multibeast doesn't fix the issue. It looks like I have to disable SIP to run the issued fix by Toleda.
>>
>>51628682
Cheers
>>
>>51627650
Pages is not included by default.
>>
>>51627602
In "Displays", just pick scaled to choose the dpi
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.