[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of "gaming" keyboard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (134 KB, 479x307) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
134 KB, 479x307
What's the point of "gaming" keyboard?
>>
>>51627157
Macro keys, looks
>>
increasing your kd ratio, making your rig look fucken SICK
>>
>>51627157
Gaming.
>>
>>51627157
Every other keyboard gets clogged with Doritos dust.
>>
>>51627157
the point is so that when you take a pic of your battlestation everyone will know you're a gaymurr

also i think they tend to allow multiple simultaneous keypresses; something most generic keyboards struggle with
>>
>>51627182
Every decent keyboard made in the last 5 years has NKRO
>>
>>51627157
Selling to goymers?

It's like people make products without knowing who to market to
>>
>>51627175

>LMAOBOX: $20
>Gaming keyboard: $150

the choice is obvious:
GET GOOD GET LMAOBOX
LMAOBOX - BEST TF2 HACKS
>>
To show everyone you're 12
>>
>>51627459
Gaming keyboard gimmicks are just that. Gimmicks. I just went for the meme "le rainbow rgb glow" Corsair keyboard, and it's only now that I realized that it can only do 512 colors due to controller limitation (Corsair claimed 16.8mil colors)

I just wanted to get a Brown MX keyboard. I guess I can treat this babby's first brown keyboard on my part. I saw a black friday deal and went in on it without spending the time to do the research.
>>
Marketing, nothing more. They are overpriced garbage most of the time and most of them are ugly as shit.

There are some exceptions though. Some Corsair keyboards are marketed as gaymer keyboards, but are very solid all around
>>
Whats a decent, backlit keyboard on a budget?

It can be geymur, I don't care either way
>>
Macros if you're dumb and lazy enough to need them.

Only real benefit is n-key rollover, a lot of normal keyboards only take like 3 or so simultaneous presses.
>>
>>51627157
Gaming mice and keyboards are good ways to get entry level high Dpi mice and decent mechanical keyboards if you don't mind rice and gimmicks. The ever praised G502 for example is targeted at gamers.
>>
>>51627157
Leds
>>
>>51627157
The lights

In the mean time, could someone give me the god tier list of keyboards?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.