[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poor fag virgin here wanting to build this PC should i change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
poor fag virgin here wanting to build this PC should i change anything to make it cheaper/better i cant really spend more than this. just using for gaming and videos
>>
>>51615646
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YGYtzy
>>
>>51615646
stop wasting money on a motherboard and put it in something else that will actually make a difference.
>>
really need a better processor, its been proven that games just dont run well on dual core processors anymore, look for a quad core, even if you have to go amd, id recommend the fx-6300 or fx-6350 as both as actually solid cpus with a reasonable price and with decent cooling quite overclockable
>>
>>51615646

Really I'd suggest grabbing an i5/mobo if it's on sale and make a few more bucks and grab a 970 later.
>>
>>51615790

Shit i thought an i3 would do
>>
File: 1446740970869.jpg (264 KB, 897x624) Image search: [Google]
1446740970869.jpg
264 KB, 897x624
>>51615864
No, he's an idiot. Most games haven't started taking advantage of the extra cores yet, and even the for the few that do it would be better to have a higher clock speed. Honestly for the price just get a pentium and overclock a ton, especially since you're already getting an aftermarket cooler for some reason in a gaming budget build. I agree with the anon who said to get a cheaper motherboard by the way. Also, 4 gigs of ram is cutting it close, 8 gigs would be optimal, but at least go up to 6.
>>
>>51615864
Stick with the i3, don't listen to AMDead shills. Much better single core/IPC performance is worth it, especially if you play a lot of MMORPGs, older RPGs like Skyrim, RTS games etc.

Also, keep in mind that you can upgrade to an i5 or even an i7 down the line while with the dead AM3 platform you're basically stuck with shit tier FX CPUs.
>>
>>51615646
>dual core CPU that can't even be overclocked
>single GPU
>129$ motherboard
Buy something much much cheaper and put the money into 8gb RAM and a better CPU. Do you mind telling me what state/area you're in OP? I might be able to find you some good deals at some brick and mortar stores.
>>
>>51616243
This. Get a Haswell i5 and a cheap motherboard.
>>
>>51616257
What he said. There's no reason to go for a Skylake processor on a budget build, especially if you're just going to get a dinky i3 anyways.
>>
>>51616199
OP can definitely reallocate some of his funds to get an i5 processor.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.