[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommended Telemetry Blocker App For Windows 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: antitelemetry.png (115 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
antitelemetry.png
115 KB, 600x300
See subject. I just installed Spybot's and was wondering if there was a better one out there or not.
>>
Check /wxg/ on archive.
>>
>>51588684
I looked. Nada.
>>
Well, there is xp-AntiSpy which got recently picked up again by the developer. The Win10 version is still in beta though, and german...
>>
>>51588665
Windows 7
>>
>man I sure don't like being cold
>of course the best place to be would be the Arctic, but I have a coat, so I'm not *that* cold!
>>
>>51589000
>Company offers well paying job opportunity in the arctic
Listen I don't fucking love windows but I fucking need windows.

Call me when they make photoshop/lightroom for chrome OS and I'll jump ship in the mean time stop being a prick
>>
>>51588970
This senpai.
>>
>>51588970
Same shit, just looking better tb|n
>>
>>51588665
spybot is the best - open source and literally everyone uses it so it's updated almost instantly if m$ changes something
>>
>>51589036
If you actually *need* windows, what ever you think you have to have windows 10 for you can do on any other version probably including xp. If it's a company computer that you can't reformat then it's not your problem anyway.
>>
>>51589537
> what is DX12?
>>
>>51589566
I hadn't considered that. What do you use it for?
>>
>>51589000
Honestly, it would depend on what the job is.

It's not like every job would involve being outside constantly, and you can't be exposed to sub zero temperatures constantly, your body won't take it.

So if it was an inside job then you hardly have anything to complain about.
>its cold outside and thats terrible!
>>
>>51589566
Do you work as a game programmer or something?
>>
>>51589600
Not currently (doing embedded stuff for a living), but my first dev job was in the game industry and a lot of fun, so I want to go back there eventually.

>>51589581
Multimedia, games, VR, AR. I'm looking forward to the AR stuff which is going to come with Win10, so there's that. And I doubt it will be backwards-compatible because Microsoft wants everybody to 'upgrade' with such incentives.
>>
>>51589666
Didn't you say you needed it for work?
>>
>>51589675
As for me personally, I'm going to 'need' it in the near future. For the time being I'm on Win7. I didn't take the 'you' literally.

I agree that XP is still fine for most business applications, and all PCs in our company either run XP or Win7 (and our customers don't want 'apps').

But if you want to develop for Win 8 or 10, or for WP, you're going to need to upgrade.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.