[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: received_427575097446703.jpg (56 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
received_427575097446703.jpg
56 KB, 540x960
Hello I'm visiting from /b/
I need some help. I have 2 laptops both broken, one just loads up like the picture posted. The second won't even turn on but I don't expect much help with that because it could be anything. Please explain to me what the fuck this means? Whenever I press a key it just comes up again. Thank you
>>
>>51583446
Your computer is trying to boot from the network rather than from it's hard drive.
Most likely the hard drive died so it's skipping that and choosing the 2nd boot device which, in your case, was confgured to be a PXE boot.

Reboot the laptop, press delete / f2 / f11 or whichever key it tells you to press to enter BIOS.
Find the list of boot devices and take a picture of that, then post it here.
>>
>>51583539
Before you do that, reply that you understand so that I don't waste 5 minutes waiting for some underage /b/tard.
>>
>>51583446
looks like it's working fine to me

see if it boots off of a flash drive
also

>>>/g/sqt/
>>
>>51583573
Is this it?
>>
File: received_427576514113228.jpg (28 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
received_427576514113228.jpg
28 KB, 540x960
>>51583573
>>
>>51583632
>>51583582
boot from flash drive
>>
>>51583632
Yes, that's it.
See how the 1st boot device is your toshiba hard drive, but it's skipping that because it's probably broken.
You should observe everything that happens during boot, does it say something about skipping the hard drive for whatever error/reason?
>>
>>51583632
Hit enter when selecting the HDD/SSD and if it goes to PXE then you're hardrive is dead
>>
>>51583681
It says nothing about skipping. Just that there is a media test failure or something.
>>51583687
Yeah it's fucked oh well it was a piece of shit anyway. It was worth a shot! Thanks anyway guys
>>
>>51583632
You should do what
>>51583664
says, find a USB stick and put hiren's boot cd or windows recovery or linux on there.
Since your BIOS still recognizes your hard drive, it's probably not completely broken, just a bad sector where the system files were or something, you can probably still access most of the data.
>>
>>51583748
m8 it's just a standard 2,5 inch HDD, you could easily buy a cheapish new one and have a working laptop again.
Or even better, put an SSD in.
Which laptop was it? Specifications or model name?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.