[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion about NCase? Has anyone here built in one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1435861766637.jpg (848 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435861766637.jpg
848 KB, 1620x1080
What is your opinion about NCase?
Has anyone here built in one?
>>
>>51579717
Yes.
Moving to the smaller Dan A4-SFX when it's out.
>>
>>51579756
Was it difficult to build in? How are your GPU temps?
>>
>>51579821
GPU temp is rather high if you just stick it in without cooling aid.
Easiest way is to aid cooling is to stick two fans below the case as your pic shows.
Another way is to get AIO cooler like the Fury X, or custom aftermarket cooler like the Accelero Xtreme III/IV with two 120mm fans below.
My specs: R9 290 with Accelero Xtreme IV and 2xNF-F12 fans intake at the bottom. Last time I ran CivBE Rising Tide at max settings 1920x1200, it was at 60C.
It may be higher for other games, I don't play enough AAA games to know.
>>
>>51579945
So with those two fans at the bottom what do you do about mass storage? Do you have a pair of SSDs in the front?
>>
>>51579756
I'm debating on the Dan A4-SFX as well. The CPU cooling leaves a lot to be desired on that case though. My 4770k runs way too hot for it. I might just get it to use as an HTPC for a while until things get better in that regard. Do you think they'll have multiple runs for it like the NCASE? That's the only thing I'm worried about.
>>
>>51579997
I have a Nepton 120XL cooling the CPU. That leaves the other side of the side-bracket free, so I have a 4TB 3.5" drive in the drive bracket and I intend to put in another 4TB few months later. I have two SSDs on the front panel, inner and outer side.
>>
>>51579997
Not him but I have a 500gb SSD and then a 2TB 2.5" drive in mine. This is with a 240mm rad in it. If you go with a 120mm or a normal cooler you can even fit a 3.5" drive if you wanted.

You can get a really good 2TB Samsung by just opening one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Storage-STDR2000100/dp/B00FRHTSK4

On sale for $70 which is really good, it's backorder now though.
>>
>>51580053
It's hard to say whether there's another run.

The Ncase does have better cooling options.
The Dan case is kind of bad for overclocking. But it will definitely fit a medium-small size backpack.
>>
>>51580086
>>51580065
Fuck, I'm really excited to build in this thing now.
How satisfied are you guys with it as a whole?
>>
>>51580112
Pretty satisfied. It got an almost perfect score on this website:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NCASE/M1/6.html
The only case I'd replace it with is only the Dan case.
Then again I build it for portability.
There's no practical reason to build in a mini-ITX case other than to plan for portability.
>>
>>51580105
>But it will definitely fit a medium-small size backpack.

Thinking of that there's also this thing which is even smaller than the Dan A4

http://nfc-systems.com/s4-mini/

You could fit a Nano in it but it only uses PicoPSU like power supplies with bricks though, tops out at 250w. Maybe next year when we get 16nm.

>>51580112
I love mine, but it kinda gets you addicted to going even smaller and smaller. Also looking at the Dan A4 and the case above now but it's not really feasible with my current hardware. Looking forward to see what happens next year.
>>
>>51579717

Got a v.3, like it ALOT.

4790k @ 4.6GHz, SFX-L 500W PSU, fits an H105 240mm AIO on the side (fucking tight fit though), 2x 128GB SSD in RAID0, HD7950

>ATX PSU's severely limit component options
>PSU cables really need to be custom otherwise fucking spaghetti in such a small space
>No 3.5" HDD unless you want big compromise on other components
>Case is expensive as fuck (limited runs)

+ points
>fukken small
>good quality (lian-li built)
>all panels pop on/off easy as fuck
>0 wasted space
>massive variety of mounts/options for various different hardware config's
>cute as fuck

Thinking about switching out my 7950 for an R9 Nano at some point..

Also find it amusing I'm attempting to make my computer smaller and smaller yet my primary screen keeps getting bigger and bigger
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.