[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys... at what point did it all go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Guys... at what point did it all go so wrong?
>>
At the point you forgot to set the pointer to NULL?
>>
>>51579515
No context given without an image/metadata, please elaborate.
>>
>>51579852
i see you read trough that dumb cartoon
>>
>>51579515
When a person whos never done any kind of computer work wants to learn programming and chooses c as his first language, and k&r as his study material.
>>
>>51579515
It's a bad language. Prolog is better.
>>
The book is kinda messy. The language is great!
>>
>>51579515
commerce
when everything became an object of commerce
nothing commercial is strong
but commerce in mass lumbers along
sometimes to its own detriment
we can do better
>>
>>51580274
>the book is kinda messy
>literally considered the basis of modern technical writing
shut up idiot
>>
File: lisp.jpg (62 KB, 740x220) Image search: [Google]
lisp.jpg
62 KB, 740x220
>implying it was right before
>>
>>51579515
All C needs to be useful for desktop applications is better data types.
If it was created today, maybe C with a subset of the c++ STL.
If it was meant to be a low level language then stdlib should be a part of the language so bit length was in the variable name.
Every library includes their own definitions of this and it is so inconsistent.
>>
>this compiles in gcc
#define ayy(x) x(lmao(x))
#define lmao(x) x(ayy(x))
#define y lmao

int main()
{
ayy(y);
}
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.