[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /g/ know anything on Chinese JXD/GPD android tablets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: JXD-S7800_11.jpg (210 KB, 932x572) Image search: [Google]
JXD-S7800_11.jpg
210 KB, 932x572
So /g/ , I am 27 and I have literally nothing to ask my folks for Christmas. They keep bugging me to ask for something, so I started looking into these Chinese handheld Android gaming tablets. I want it mostly for emulation, especially now that PSP emulation is working well on Android. There's a few models of JXD, JXD-S7800B, JXD-S7300C, JXD-S7800A,. JXD-S5800 ... and a few of GPD, GPD X9, GPD Q9, GPD G7, GPD Q88+

Most look like gigantic PSPs, but the GPD XD has a Nintendo-DS style clamshell design, despite having only one screen.

Most of the specs are pretty damn similar, as are the prices. I am looking to toss in a microSDHC card and have all the NES, SNES games and some PSP games on there.

Does /g/ have any experience with these chinese android tablets?
>>
>>51579257
Ask for a novelty coffe cup or some socks you fucking manchild
>>
let me just get this out of the way

you're twenty seven and your parents buy you gaming consoles for christmas?
>>
Ask for a job offer

Or better yet a proper education
>>
>>51579327

I make more annually than all of my family members

>>51579279

Why? Is that what you ask for? You sound boring.

>>51579288

What else would I ask for?
>>
I only have experience with a dingoo, it is old, cheaply made, can only emulate basic consoles and battery does no last long.
But it runs linux so it is a nice toy to hack around.

On a side note, can't think of anything better to ask for? I for one would ask for a cheap quad (nano qx) or a rpi...
>>
>>51579370
My Dingoo A320 handled N64 and PlayStation games
>>
>>51579362
Something about this post doesn't add up.
>Richer than the rest of the family
>Is actually going to ask for a chinese tablet
>Turns nose up at a more simple present
Either you're a liar and are penniless, or a wee bit greedy. Not sure which.
>>
>>51579390
Last I checked it was nowhere near being able to.
Perhaps a couple unoptimized games, but I doubt it works well without killing the battery.
>>
>>51579421
I know I'd get at least three or four hours of Spyro in, and iirc that was with it overclocked
>>
>>51579410

My grandparents and mother spend like $300+ on me every year. I spend about $600 on my family members every year. We don't buy stupid shit like socks. We buy cool shit.

I have Windows x86 tablets, Android tablets, i7 6700K PC, game consoles ,etc etc so there's nothing really I NEED. I asked for giftcards but they were like "oh anon it will be boring, ask for something bigger so your Christmas doesn't suck" I need something to goof around on these days, so I figured this little Chinese tablet would be cool. I use my LG phone a lot for shit like this, but it sucks using touch controls. I can plug in HDMI and have instant SNES.

I am unsure what is hard for you guys to grasp with this situation? Do you guys seriously ask for like socks and stupid shit?
>>
>>51579474
>We don't buy stupid shit like socks. We buy cool shit.
It's the thought that counts you cunt.
>>
>>51579474
Have you considered maybe

Maybe

That there are different things to ask for

I mean surely you must have more needs as a grown up than another device where you can play Super Metroid. Some nice clothes maybe? Socks and technology are not everything.
>>
>>51579474
Do you really think your Christmas would suck if you weren't given a $300 gift?
Either spoiled, a manchild, or both.
>>
Ask for a Remington shotgun and off yourself.
>>
>>51579532

I have literally never, ever gotten clothes for Christmas. Ever.

Maybe your families just suck fat cocks because they buy you clothes.

>>51579545

I literally have nothing I need. I don't want them to buy me clothes. Do you want other people - specifically your family members - to pick what you wear? Will they fit? Will it be something you like? Why would you even say clothes!

If you have other ideas of what to ask for, shoot. All I have asked for in the past 15 years is tech-related or car-related.
>>
I own a jxd S7800b. I use it a lot, very happy with it.
>>
>>51579585
You're a spoiled brat. Grow the fuck up. Clearly you still live with your parents, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for toys.
>>
>>51579566

No it wouldn't? I am being harassed *every day* by my family members for a Christmas list. I am supposed to have it to them by September, or late October max. It is now past Thanksgiving and they are freaking the fuck out. It's stressful. I put "giftcards" on the list but they call me back and say that is bullshit and I need like ten or more things on the list.

I am struggling here. I came to /g/ expecting some knowledge but I got a bunch of 1990's-born assclowns who get fuckin' SOCKS for Christmas like it's the 1800's
>>
>>51579585
You should ask for a slap, sounds like you need one of those lad.
>>
File: cunt-mug1-640x533.jpg (58 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
cunt-mug1-640x533.jpg
58 KB, 640x533
>>51579362
Are you sure m8?

I found the perfect mug for you
>>
>>51579585
I wouldn't know what to ask for aside from that. I haven't ever celebrated christmas.
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
>>51579623

Well I am sorry you need to ask for Walmart gift cards for Christmas so you buy more Ramen and not starve.

When I am playing PSP games on my Android tablet I will pray you can get some socks so your toes don't get cold

You don't ask for toys for Christmas? What the fuck do you ask for? Seriously
>>
>>51579649
You know I'm not OP but if someone gifted me this I would fucking cherish it
>>
>>51579649
There's another mug that tried to copy this but put the handle on the wrong side
>>
Don't get that one OP. The new one GPD XD is much better. Check reviews on YouTube
>>
>>51579661
I did when I was fucking 12 m8.
>>
>>51579661
This year I asked my parents for a nice winter jacket and various other clothes. They gave me the jacket already because it's getting cold. Nice jacket, probably ran like $200. I'm 26.

I would have much preferred a jacket rather than a tablet. A jacket is thoughtful, rather than just sending them an amazon link and having them buy it.
>>
>>51579708

Thanks man

I am looking at the GPD Q9 as it has the Cortex A17 and the rest are A9
>>
>All the mad poorfags ITT
OP, if you really want an android device, ask for a Shield portable, it's way better quality than chinkshit
>>
I'm getting about $300 as well and I'm really old.

But I sure didn't ask for it. I'm really fucking happy and jumpy because this doesn't ever happen. Unless I work for it of course.
>>
>>51579730

See that makes sense

Good for you then

When people were saying clothes I was thinking like shirts and pants and shit I would NEVER want my family buying me
>>
>>51579730
I'm concerned about gifting anything like accessories or clothes because of these things.

Let's say that I met this woman that is like a mother to me. Now I was going to gift her something like jewelry but everyone's all "dude you gotta give her the wrong impression". I do like her but I don't think that'd be a problem considering she doesn't like young guys.

And now I'm stuck thinking what the hell to buy for her. I know it's the thought that counts but still.
>>
>>51579739
It's not about being a poorfag, it's about OP not understanding the simple notional that what matters most is that he received a gift, not what the gift was.

If the selfish fuck really didn't want anything but was being pressured to pick a $300 gift then he should ask for something that benefits the whole family, like a day out somewhere rather than another piece of tech he barely even wants.
>>
>>51579822
Then that's not a gift for him
>>
>>51579850
>Christmas is all about me!!!!!
Found the ten-year-old
>>
Just go on thinkgeek or some shit and get something from there. I don't care if it's a "basic" website or whatever for "basic" people, they have a few cool things on there.

Seriously mate, don't stress too much about it I guess.

But on topic, I think you'd be better off with an actual psp (not the sliding one) - Just put CFW on it and get a decent sized memory stick (or microsd to memory stick adapter) and you're golden.
>>
>>51579822

You are applying what your family wants to my family situation. It doesn't work like that all. My mom is disabled; I have to pay her mortgage and take her to the hospital, etc etc. My brother is agoraphobic and doesn't leave the house and does school online. "A day out somewhere" would not only be a waste of money in my situation, it would not even be well-liked by the family. If mom wants some DVDs and my brother wants a PS4 to be happy, then I shall oblige.

All of you guys are totally projecting your situation and preferences onto a situation of which you know nothing.

Also this console is like $125 it isn't even $300 or anywhere near that. It's not really that expensive.

Oy.
>>
>>51579257
>So /g/ , I am 27 and I have literally nothing to ask my folks for Christmas. They keep bugging me to ask for something, so I started looking into these Chinese handheld Android gaming tablets. I want it mostly for emulation, especially now that PSP emulation is working well on Android. There's a few models of JXD, JXD-S7800B, JXD-S7300C, JXD-S7800A,. JXD-S5800 ... and a few of GPD, GPD X9, GPD Q9, GPD G7, GPD Q88+

According to >>>>/vr/thread/2810030

the 5800 should be enough for emulating most all 8bit platforms, some 16bit, and maybe even some select PS1 games. I'm tempted to get one, but the 7300 and 7800s are tempted for me as well.

Planning on getting one soon.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.