[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ecosystem Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_0030.jpg (2 MB, 1946x1980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
2 MB, 1946x1980
Post a collage of the ecosystem where you consume most of your digital goods, or where you do most of your cloud computing. The ecosystem that you consume all of your products, services, and/or digital content.
>>
phoneposter threads, desktop threads AND build threads combined to one?

time to clean up /g/
>>
Windows 10 & WP
>>
>>51572704
how you get stuff on your TV senpai? xbox?
>>
>>51572711
Oh either laptop + HDMI or my PS3 for netflix and the news.
>>
>>51572635
fag
>>
File: 1447836036571.jpg (139 KB, 1083x720) Image search: [Google]
1447836036571.jpg
139 KB, 1083x720
>>51572635
Do you store your excrement in bags, boxes, or bottles around your house?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-apple-worker-37-jailed-for-causing-15000-worth-of-damage-to-luxury-flat-by-storing-excrement-and-urine-there-for-three-months-34237410.html
>>
MacBook Pro + iPhone
iCloud for Mail, Calendar and Notes
Google for Maps, Hangouts and Gmail
>>
>>51572635
>insist on quality
>insist on apple

Those are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>51572858
post your own ecosystem before you criticise others
>>
>>51572840
Good question Pajeet. We store our excrement in sewers or in septic tanks. Also kudos on the Microsoft MVP award!
>>
File: flummoxed.jpg (162 KB, 1440x843) Image search: [Google]
flummoxed.jpg
162 KB, 1440x843
>>51572840
FLUMMOXED
>>
>>51572635
>insist on quality, insist on apple

Subtle shill thread, I like it.
>>
Android phone +chromecast. No computer.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
>>51572635
POO IN THE LOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>51573070
how do you do work?
>>
>>51573090
I am an apprentice carpenter.
>>
>>51572840
He was obviously planning a pool party for his fellow Apple coworkers.
>>
i don't stick to any particular ecosystem, really, i prefer not to rely on any centralized systems

i run my own email server, use syncthing for syncing files between my desktop/laptop/phone, emby+kodi for media, etc
>>
>>51573105
carpenters magically don't use computers in 2015 for anything?
>>
>>51572635
ant-man is just a cheap terra formars rip-off
>>
>>51572635
Don't forget to sage, hide, report thread.
>>
>>51573130
No. Where would we even place a computer at? I get called up in the morning, go to where I'm told to go and follow orders. It's a labour job.
>>
>>51573128
I'm sure hosting your own cloud is much better than windows XP era, but you are way behind people fully in google, apple, or ms cloud services. sound like you might be involved in piracy as well, which is highly illegal, and you should go to jail for stealing content
>>
>>51573130
not him but my dad's a carpenter and he only ever used the family machine for games (flight simulators and stealth shooters)

he runs his own business, and it's all hand-written paper and landline telephone calls, sometimes fax
>>
>>51573138
that's just whats trending. i haven't watched any of them.

>>51573157
what about tax and stuff
>>
>>51573160
nice assumptions
what am i missing out on?
>>
>>51573180
I haven't been working for more than a year yet so I haven't had to file taxes. I'll probably just do it on my phone though when the time comes. I believe they have apps for that now.
>>
>>51573182
can you hand off an app state from your phone or watch and pick up right where you left off on your other devices? Can you send and receive SMS and Cellular calls on your laptop? how do you sync reminders and notes?
>>
>>51573090
How do you eat shit from your hands?
>>
>>51573200
>can you hand off an app state from your phone or watch and pick up right where you left off on your other devices?
can you give me an example of how you use this?
>Can you send and receive SMS and Cellular calls on your laptop?
i have nothing setup for this, though i can't see much of a benefit, i have my phone with me when i use my laptop, why not just use the phone directly?
>how do you sync reminders and notes?
i've been meaning to setup a calendar/notes server on my vps, haven't gotten around to it yet
>>
>>51573215
I usually make a reservation at the Apple Store a day in advance.
>>
>>51572635
>quality
>apple
thread had no chance
>>
>>51573246
With Apple stuff for instance, and i think with Microsoft stuff now to, you can get an email on your watch or phone, and start making a short reply, but then realise you have to do a long reply, or attach a file to it or something, so you just go to your mac and the mail hand off icon will be in your dock. you just click it and it will open up mail exactly as it was on your other device. This works on all Built in apps, and all decent 3rd party apps too. I use it mostly for messages though. I can be chatting with someone with SMS or blue text, and whenever i'm ready to sit in fromt of my computer i just click the handoff icon and it will all be there in the right conversation, and in the middle of any replies i was doing.
>>
>ecosystem
Really?
People can't be this autistic.

Still, I need someone to fund my Apple Dividends. So keep going.
>>
>>51573291
i can use drafts for that, all my mail clients will save drafts automatically, which are saved on the mail server, so i can open and continue it from another client/machine

this is a pretty standard feature
>>
>>51573328
yeah you could also use web apps like yahoo mail or something that let you pickup on another device where you left off. it's not as seamless though. all the iWork stuff does it too, and you can have the document open in multiple places and edit stuff live like google docs.
>>
>>51573328
https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204681
>>
>>51573308
that's what it's called. Deal with it retard.
>>
ecosystems are for people who otherwise aren't aware or capable enough to do the same things individually
>>
>>51573442
>retard
I'm not the one spending exessive amounts on consumer electronics just to satisfy my autism.

But still, that $70 cheque I got in the mail earlier in the month means I'm not going to stop you.
>>
File: my_conomy.png (2 MB, 1800x1085) Image search: [Google]
my_conomy.png
2 MB, 1800x1085
>>51572635
Here's my collage I couldn't post yesterday.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.