[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's hyped for the new Google Glass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Google_Glass_patent.0.png (91 KB, 644x677) Image search: [Google]
Google_Glass_patent.0.png
91 KB, 644x677
Who's hyped for the new Google Glass?
>>
>>51564893
stupid
>>
>>51564905
What the fuck man?
>>
Nice ear fedora.
>>
Literally nobody.
>>
Muh dick
>>
the first one was a perfectly fine first gen product.

They should've just waited for the right price point and shipped it. They've killed all the buzz and goodwill they once had.
>>
>>51564893
I hope this never sees the light of day. I remember when glassholes first became a thing, I was over at the pub when these Reading Rainbow/Geordi LaForge motherfuckers came waltzing in, loud as fuck.

I think maybe 5 minutes -tops- passed before the owner came out and they started arguing, acting all high and mighty, calling him a Luddite.

Eventually the based bartender shooed them outside like a fucking stray dog. And that was that.
>>
File: 1428719547519.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428719547519.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
People probably won't buy into it until it's similar to Black Mirror's concept
>>
I owned Google Glass for a little while.

I think they're going to need a completely new set of features for the next release.

I enjoyed having mine, but it felt like when I was wearing it I had to be the spokesperson for the product. Most people recognized / knew of it. Never had an incident with someone being uncomfortable with it.

Today I own an Android Wear watch and it honestly has 90% of the features that my Google Glass had. At a fraction of the price. I'll consider the next Google Glass, but I don't think I will be able to justify it if my watch will have the same functions.
>>
>>51564893
Tried the old Google Glass once. Man it was useless. There is literally no reason to own one.
>>
Is this the model that you charge by covering in lube and inserting it up your rectum?
>>
nice face fedora
>>
Why don't they just make them look like normal fucking glasses and offer different frames?
>>
File: cookie-2.jpg (14 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
cookie-2.jpg
14 KB, 300x220
>>51564893
>>
>>51564893
People generally are not comfortable about having a picture taken or being recorded without their consent. The fact that pointing your phone's camera in someone's direction would generally be met with a negative response, means that whoever you look at with this would have the same reactions.

If there was a noticeable stand-by and active mode, then it would be a little better. But AR in the consumer market wouldn't seem to be that profitable. For the workplace on the other-hand, Microsoft's Hololens would be more preferable.
>>
>preorder google implant
>become one with the botnet
>google owns the patents on all my thoughts

feels good, man
>>
>>51567800
>People generally are not comfortable about having a picture taken or being recorded without their consent.

Maybe they should have freaked out before London started putting them everywhere instead of waiting for Google.
>>
>>51564893
why would i want a always connected dependent device that tracks my everyday life to create a profile of myself for advertisement?

i can do all the google now things with a hands free.
>>
Google is skynet...
>>
File: No.gif (1 MB, 339x336) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
1 MB, 339x336
>>51564893
not again?
>>
>>51569038
My thoughts exactly when I saw the first google glass. Maybe the unwashed masses will now know how it is to have a wireless headset? Nope, didn't take off.
>>
>>51565911
Watch can't record pov video. Thats like comparing apples to oranges.
>>
Meh, call me when it's a full field of view, high def, responsive augmented reality product. Ie in 10-25 years.
>>
>>51564893
>still looks autistic as fuck
Why can't google just make some normal-ish glasses, instead of something that looks like a fucking worm eating your face.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.