[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of the G502?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: g502-tunable-gaming-mouse.jpg (20 KB, 438x215) Image search: [Google]
g502-tunable-gaming-mouse.jpg
20 KB, 438x215
What does /g/ think of the G502?
>>
>>51564578
It looks cool
It works good
Would recommend/10
>>
considering buying it next time it's on sale. Friend has it and let my try it. Besides accidentally hitting the thumb buttons from time to time its okay.
>>
>>51564660
The only bad thing is the useless free scroll rotation thingy
>>
>>51564770
If you get used to it, you really miss it when it is gone.
>>
Best mouse available.
>>
>>51564578

>cheap plastic
>unergonomic
>shit
>>
Beautiful. Love mine, literally not a single issue. I've never been able to shill for something so hard, like everything else I've ever bought has had a major issue with it except this, including other logitech mice.

>>51564809
>unergonomic
it's so not though

>cheap plastic
since when does that matter
>>
>>51564770
That's one of the best things. Free scroll is nice when on web. Other is great for games.
>>
>>51564809
Looking for a full metal mouse?

And it's very ergonomic.
>>
>>51564859
Yeah I dont understand people complaining about that

if you don't like it, you're free to just stay in normal scroll mode and the switch is near impossible to accidently hit. It's amazing for quickly dropping through a long page or file, or literally any thing else you might want to scroll quickly for without hurting your finger.

also
>that super easy dpi switch and buttons with LED indicator
never even needed to adjust software sensitivity.
>>
>>51564578
G502 and G303 are the two best mice on the market right now.
They share the same sensor and build quality, but the G303 got a simpler design with 5 or 6 buttons.
>>
>>51564869

g500 had a premium feel

g502 has a 6$ mouse feel and it's design is beyond manchildren retarded

>>51564838

>defending cheap plastic on a mouse of 50$+

top kek
>>
Oh man, I don't know much about mice, but this is on sale right now at a store nearby. Maybe I'll pick it up.
>>
>>51564900
Whats wrong the the G402
>tfw G402
>>
>>51564931
Fuck me too it werks well and feels good so I'm not gonna change unless it breaks
>>
>>51564912
>$6 mouse feel
How the heck did you get that. I'm certain you haven't actually used a g502. There's not a single problem with the "feel". There's a thumb grip and rest, the buttons are all in reach, the scroll wheel click can be hit with your middle finger as it rests right on it, there's even a soft grip on the side for your pinky.

I'll give u the edge gaymer design though, it looks kind of stupid if you were to take a picture from the front.

I upgraded from a g500s personally, best purchase choice I've made. The lazer and accuracy is top tier on the market atm too
>>
File: LogitechG400.jpg (108 KB, 1500x1308) Image search: [Google]
LogitechG400.jpg
108 KB, 1500x1308
It's not he G400.
0/10
>>
>>51564931
Nothing. It's a great mouse with a great sensor.
It's just that the G303 has an even better sensor and slightly higher build quality.
>>
>>51564912
I don't give a fuck about the design. You won't find a better sensor for even close to that price. Easily the best mouse on the market. Also, if you claw grip, this mouse is beyond perfection
>>
>>51564972

The feel of g500 and a g502 in your hands is mile apart

I'm not saying anything about the sensor, but I can't over the cheap plastic feel
>>
>>51564972
The one thing that pisses me off about it is the fucking thumb rest. God damn it, it makes it impossible to use the thumb together with the pinky to feel the movement on the mousepad for greater accuracy.
>>
>>51564578
I think it looks like a spaceship out of a scifi movie
>>
>>51564578
Fucking amazing mouse.

I have 8 other mouses that I used to alternate between, depending on what I was doing, but ever since I got the G502, they have all been gathering dust inside a drawer.

I also have a G910 keyboard and love it for gaming.
>>
>>51564912
The mouse is very solid. Did you get a knockoff from a swap meet?
>>
Good hardware, only neg i have is that the buttons on the left mouse button are too big so the bottom one is hard to reach if you're not claw gripping
Software is ass though, no app specific profiles, and back/forward buttons are not mouse 4/5, so theyre untargetable if you want to reassign them as anything other than back/forward in an app itself. That's a real bummer for me
>>
>>51565019
Ah I didn't think of that. I personally love the thumbrest but I can see why that'd be annoying.

>>51565015
I feel like you didn't have the weights in or something then. Like without them the mouse feels extremely light weight and kind of shitty but honestly, with the grip, buttons and overall design I literally am unable to see how you can think it feels "cheap"
>>
Does anyone use that logitech fusion software? You can assign different dpi for the 3 levels etc but I just turned it off on startup
>>
>>51564578
I like it, I think the button placement is nice and it fits my hand decently, I just wish it had a better place for my pinky finger.
>>
>>51564578

how the mighty have fallen

mionix is the new logitech
>>
>>51564578
If my G9X stopped working I would get the G502.
>>
big, heavy, and terrible cable. only thing good about it is the free spinning wheel feature and sensor.
>>
The only people who hate on this mouse are people who have not used. They judge it based on it's "gamer" design, which is usually fine, since most "gamer" shit is awful. But once you use it, it is apparent that it is top tier.
>>
>>51565105
What's terrible about a long braided cable?
>>
>>51565105
I had to put in all the weight to even make it usable because it glides to damn well.

>tfw Artisan Shidenkai XSoft
It's slippery like ice, but also nice and soft
>>
>>51565067
never seen a reason

I run loonux so it's literally just been plug it in, switch dpi on the mouse up to 2 and use

>>51565124
When I switched to it I thought it was kinda lame for like an hour. I played a few hours of WoW with it and swore I'd never buy another after it. I see how someone who just trialed it at a store or something wouldnt like it.

>>51565105
>heavy
waht, I had to put in all the weights before even considering using it full time
>>
Bestbuy has g502 for $40 and g303 for $25. Bestbuy has shitty delivery, but they have the lowest prices for those two mice.
which one /g/?
>>
>>51565316
G502.
>>
>>51565176
I think he meant heavy cable, as in the cable moves the mouse from time to time or if you take your hand off it, making doing fine work more difficult
>>
>>51565373
Ah that's fair enough then.
>>
>>51564578
Got for $40 would not pay over 50
>>
File: ya_.gif (457 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
ya_.gif
457 KB, 390x293
>>51564578
Just picked it up at best buy for $40 baller as fuck
>>
Anyone using a corsair sabre rgb?
>>
>>51564578
Got one at best buy for bitchin 40 bucks
Great sensor, nice feel, scroll wheel is literally hot sex
>just fucking do it
>>
bit too riced for me. thinking about getting the g303 though, left click on my shitty old deathadder is dying
>>
>>51564998
I have the G303 and can confirm it's a nice mouse that doesn't look like a plastic toy spaceship.
>>
>>51564770
>useless
Are you retarded?
>>
>>51564578
i fucking love this mouse
>easily programmed
>has survived over a year of abuse from muh hyperhidrosis
>aesthetic
>most comfortable mouse ive ever used
>durable buttons
>customizable weighting
>not so easy to clean
would recommend
>>
I had the 402, It was a great mouse but in the same end it was a piece of shit.

I had 3 die on me.
Scroll wheel stopped working within 6 months, RMA got a new one and same thing happened but this time it died within a month.

The third one my left click would sometimes double click, and the scroll wheel was also dying out.. this was less than 3 months old.
>>
Any good mice for small handed people? My current mouse is dying as we speak, it's only working in my browser right now and has been disconnecting randomly for the past two days
>>
>>51566201
The G303 looks p small, I have small hands but got used to big mice. I associate small mice with those shit bluetooth laptop mice
>>
>>51566434
Not really a fan of those leds since it would be near me when I go to sleep and my computer is always on

Been looking at the Zowie mouses, not really sure which one is good. Also they seem to have extra buttons on both sides of the mouse since it's ambidextrous, is it possible to use the other side buttons for something else?
>>
>>51567021
Take this to a stupid question thread, dumbass.
>>
>>51566101
>>easily programmed
exactly the same as all other logitech mice
>>has survived over a year of abuse from muh hyperhidrosis
you sound like a pussy
>>aesthetic
just no
>>most comfortable mouse ive ever used
actually razer deathadder 2013 (and up) wins
>>durable buttons
no
>>customizable weighting
not that it matters because even without weights its heavy as fuck, easily weighs 2x as other mice by default
>>not so easy to clean
no fucking shit its an abortion of plastic scrap
>would recommend
fuck off
>>
got it a month ago and its honestly the best mouse i ever owned.

some of the extra buttons are a bit awkward, but still very handy.
>>
>>51567021

no you can't use the other side buttons

I like FK2... FK is also good. god tier mice, not oversized gaymer trash like this
>>
>>51565014
>claw grip

I do this.

What I need to know is; Can I use those extra buttons for games? How easy is it to assign them?
>>
>>51568341
>retard
Yes
>>
>>51568341
>deathadder
>razor
>ufuckingwat.jpeg
>>
>>51565087
>>51564578
don't the g502 is NOT the successor to the g9x, pretty much no mouse is. the shape is all wrong, it's just a smaller palm mouse, not a true claw/fingertip mouse like the g9x. I bought one and I'm going to resell it because I hate the shape. If you palm it's great but if you want a g9x alternative get the CM storm spawn/scout. I'm currently using a cheap "maurus" mouse that was discontinued but it has a very similar shape to the g9x. pretty much any mouse much longer than 100mm will feel fucked up to you if you use a g9x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZLHDDE?keywords=genius%20maurus&qid=1448713974&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

hopefully one day logitech will come to their senses and release a proper g9x successor. it can't have been lost on them that there are a bunch of people in e-sports who are still hanging on to this old mouse.
>>
R.A.T. 7 clone. Pretty funny because /g/ used to shit all over that mouse for >muh ricer and now some knockoff is /g/ approved. Meanwhile I've been enjoying maximum comfy with my rat for 5 years
>>
Last good logitech mouse is the g400
Period
>>
>>51564578
Can someone post the mouse recommendation image that gets posted here all the time?
>>
It's my first "gamer" mouse and I love it but I have a few gripes. Scroll wheel feels too stiff when not free scrolling and the right click is too sensitive. Other than that, it's great.
>>
>>51570301
>>51570301

>What I need to know is; Can I use those extra buttons for games? How easy is it to assign them?

I had a shitty korean "gaming mouse" with 3 extra buttons. It came with its own software with a wide variety of customization options and a nice easy to use UI to assign different functions or macros to the buttons. So if a cheap ass korean no-name brand mouse can do that, you bet your ass that shit can too.
>>
>>51564912
>it's
>possessive
>>
>>51564578
Too heavy for me. Its fine if you like a heavy mouse 100g+
>>
File: 23456445764645.jpg (25 KB, 400x241) Image search: [Google]
23456445764645.jpg
25 KB, 400x241
call me an old fag but I fail to understand the point of gaming mouse. Does it really help your gaming by adding buttons in your mouse? Will it help you reach the leader boards in fps?

My mouse is 2 clicks and 1 wheel, pic relevant. Despite that, I'm still killing that what they called "pro gamers" in fps.
>>
looks like a spaceship.
give me a neat g9x clone.
>>
Is the G600 good?
>>
>>51564578
I tried it on a bestbuy yesterday, it seems alright. I'll keep the g400 until it dies.
>>
>>51564578
Got it for 80 euros

Was on sale 2 days ago for 40.

Would still buy for 80. It's top tier. I know i sound like a shill i don't give a shit it's awesome
>>
>>51565080
Naos/10
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.