[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that donating to Firefox is like donating for someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Is it true that donating to Firefox is like donating for someone to remove features and customization?
Like donating to a game dev to remove maps, remove gameplay mechanics, and remove content?
Like donating so a product can become an inferior version of another product [in this case Chrome]?
>>
I guess so. Everything is going to go to shit when they kill XUL.
>>
>>51536191
>>51536375
There are no good browsers anymore. Firefox 28 was the last good version.
>>
>donate
>all features removed
>not donate
>it dies
only way to win is not to use it
>>
>>51536191
actually removing features which nobody really used i a good thing
you can always use extensions, like it was in the past
>>
File: 2015-11-26_130238.png (43 KB, 688x875) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_130238.png
43 KB, 688x875
Welcome to the death of Firefox. Hello massive populations migrating to PaleMoon and cursing the PaleMoon devs into picking their shit up and accelerating their work.
>>
>>51536406
but there are a lot of people who used group tabs and themes, and in few versions there will be no more extensions to fix that, you are full of shit you fuck
>>
>>51536423
>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-groups/
>>
>>51536423
Stop crying. Those aren't integral features and you people need to stop using that as a claim against the entire company.
>>
>e10s is implemented
>shit support, breaks a lot of addons
>people fix their addons
>mozilla kills xul to suck chrome's cock
>all that effort for nothing
>>
>>51536191
Why would donating make them remove features? If anything the fact that they don't have enough resources makes them drop those features.
>>
>>51536435

looks better than mozilla's implementation tb͏h
>>
File: 966.jpg (17 KB, 238x217) Image search: [Google]
966.jpg
17 KB, 238x217
>>51536419
>palemoon dev (theres only one lel) need more help and money
>yfw he integrates pocket and hello
>>
>>51536452
>Why would donating make them remove features?

Because OP is trolling.
>>
>>51536191
>donating money to SJWs
how about no
>>
>>51536191
>actually using firefox
Might as well install Chromium.
>>
>>51536452
Because that's what they do. Old Firefox added features, and that made it into a browser I love. New Firefox removes features I want and add features I don't want. From my standpoint, if I donate to them, I effectively pay them to remove more features I like.
>>
>>51536191
I'd donate to Valve if they'd remove Dust 2. It's the only map these fucking faggots play.
>>
>>51536375
>XUL
>good
pick one
>>
>donating for adware
y tho
>>
>>51536406
>you can always use extensions, like it was in the past
Until they kill them next year.
>>
Only thing I ask from browser are bookmarks, support for Greasemonkey/Java so I can use 4chan X and some sort of moderate security.

Is Firefox still the best for me?
>>
>>51536375
It is literally the worst possible thing they can do besides selling their company to Microsoft.

>>51536388
I realize austrails is shit...but classic theme restorer does a very good job at bringing back the old look.
Currently using the most recent beta with extension signing turned off and I'm still quite happy with firefox.

>>51537510
>Java
>AND moderate security
Just leave. You don't belong here.
>>
>>51537510
install opera/vivaldi
>>
>>51539094
Is there non-java version of 4chan X? The default one is shit.
>>
>>51539321
I don't think you fully grasp the concept.
Java and security don't belong in the same sentence unless you prefix "security" with "in"
>>
>>51539493
I asked for something that does the job of ccd0 4chan x while not being the default thing or java.
>>
You donate to Mozilla, not Firefox, you fucking moron.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.