[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went from a One plus one to an iphone 6s and i'm completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: iphone_6s_review_60.jpg (78 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
iphone_6s_review_60.jpg
78 KB, 1600x900
I went from a One plus one to an iphone 6s and i'm completely underwhelmed with the hype.

Pros;
Apple/OSX at my job makes it easier.
Blue texting for popular opinions.
Fingerprint sensor is great.

Cons;
Dat resolution on the screen
Dat screen size
The speaker quality
No SD card

Well that was a waste of $650.

Only good thing is it has decent resale value.

What phone should I get instead /g/?
>>
>>51531511
Oneplus 1
>>
>>51531526
/thread
>>
I'm pretty content with my LG G4 man. For the price of 420 dude weed, I don't think you can go wrong.
>>
>>51531526

It's great for bathroom youtube sessions but i'm wanting something else to tinker and play with.

Yes it's a waste of money.
>>
>>51531526
>>51531544
Ew no I went from opo to a 6s and couldn't be happier... Finally some properly made apps that aren't shitty copy cats with ads all over them
>>
>>51531559
>i'm too mentally handicapped to disable all ads system wide

iToddlers ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>51531511
current 5C owner, before that all Android. Debating between a 5X and an iPhone 6S
>>
>>51531559
>>51531596

I don't know how you did man.

The iphone 6s is underwhelming. Sure the iphone 2 was a mind blast for me but now all I see is that weak screen, audio, and battery life.

I traded that for blue texting and better normie connections.

Droid turbo 2 looks a shit
Lg v10 is top kek tier
Nexus 5x and 6p are either chinese cheapshit or South Korean underpowered model.
The Priv isn't even worth talking about
z5 premium great screen but $900 dollar i'd rather buy a 4k monitor.

I'd like to look back at Windows phone because of my experience with the lumia 800 back in 2012 but the lack of any decent apps back then and a horrible navigation system pushed me off.

Might try out a nexus 6 normal because it looks better to me than the 6p and had a great screen and battery and it's pretty cheap now.

Tl:DR
Like windows phone but 950 is a shit.
Maybe nexus 6 regular not the P edition for android
>>
File: jewgrumps.png (159 KB, 386x396) Image search: [Google]
jewgrumps.png
159 KB, 386x396
get the blackberry classic or priv

physical keyboards are beautiful
>>
>>51531559
found the fag
>>
I just bought a Oneplus Two. Anyone else here have one?
>>
>>51531511
literally had one of these given to me (been an ifag since I've had a smartphone, was coming from 5c) and took it back because battery was so dump and $850 for 128gb felt like my ass was about to bleed from rape
>>
File: 1437902380890.png (381 KB, 1083x1107) Image search: [Google]
1437902380890.png
381 KB, 1083x1107
>>51532229
I've heard compared to the 1 it wasn't really mind blowing or felt worth the $$$.

How do you feel?

>>51532357
Yeah it just feels like I threw money away when I hold it. I'd rather have bought the 12' mememacbook.

>>51532100
Bruh
>>
>>51532229
Have it, great price and great phone but oneplus should release source code but I am waiting for cm13 with fingerprint sensor
>>
>>51531559
great, now you have "original" apps that cost $5 each or have shitty ads all over them
>>
>>51531511
Get a Moto X Pure/Style, it's god tier
>>
>replaced a big phone with a small phone
>cons: too small
fucking dipshit. You can actually see more than 300ppi as well which makes you superhuman
>>
>>51533177
>eats shit from his hands
>can't see more than 300 dpi

Subhuman detected.
>>
>>51533223
i am not a printer. it's PPI
>>
>>51532991

>no fingerprint reader
>god tier
>pick one
>>
>>51533231
>>51533177

You can't tell how much better a 1080p screen looks compared to the 6s?

Because I can and it does not look anywhere near as sharp or crisp.

Smaller screen that looks worse 2k15.

Jack the verified troll
>>
>>51533296
at normal viewing distance you can't tell once it's over 300ppi. maybe the display is just more vivid or something
>>
>>51533323

Apple's 6s flagship phone screen
looks worse than
a 2 year old android phone that costs $350

This is a problem jim.
>>
>>51533393
i did not realise this. care to link me to some reviews showing this?
>>
File: 4L_WqAplIeR.jpg (42 KB, 480x619) Image search: [Google]
4L_WqAplIeR.jpg
42 KB, 480x619
>>51533393
How? It's pretty top tier in color accuracy, and like the other anon said, the human eye can't tell the difference at a certain point. If you look close enough, sure, but at normal viewing distances, no. Also, I hate the whole high res phone meme. I'd rather have a 1080p phone with decent battery life than a 1440p phone that costs $100 more, gets an hour less of battery life, and only looks marginally better if you look *really closely.

Anyone who says they can tell apart 1080p and 1440p on a phone screen like night and day at normal viewing distances are lying unless they have special eyes, and I doubt every cellphone thread shitposter is that special.

And I know the 6/6s doesn't have a 1080p screen, but it's still well over 300 ppi.
>>
>>51531511
> Fingerprint sensor is great.
Fingerprint scanners are actually shit-tier security. Why even bother.
>>
>>51533811
I think they've gotten better I.e. It's harder to fake a finger print to get into a system.

I remember a long time ago when fingerprint scanners first started showing up in phones, a classmate of mine got into either a teacher's or another classmate's phone by using scotch tape and lead shaving to get her finger print
>>
>>51533234
>giving your fingerprint up to the botnet
Good one anon
>>
>>51533865
>I think they've gotten better I.e. It's harder to fake a finger print to get into a system.
No, you think wrong.

But it's a current marketing thing to add them to phones because placebo security makes phones "easier" to unlock, and people like that more than admitting that there is no real security (same as with billions of shitty house locks that open in seconds).

Even China is now featuring like 1/4 Android phones with fingerprint scanners, if that makes you happy, get the Redmi Note 3 or something... it's still placebo security and school kids with access to internet instructions can crack it.
>>
Good. The 6s isn't worth anyway
>>
fingerprint stops unauthorised access. if you get it wrong 3 times. you have to enter a 6 digit pin. perfect. deal with it nerds
>>
The 6S is god tier though
>rapes everything else in single core benchmarks and NAND performance; apps start up fast as fuck, file transfers are on par with a desktop class SSD
>2GB of RAM yet it hardly ever shuts down apps because iOS doesn't chug down RAM like a motherfucker
>3D touch has actually legitimate features like keyboard cursor
>vibration motor is god tier
>standby is god tier, screen on is actually decent for its small capacity battery
This is purely from a hardware point of view, whether you think iOS is shit or not
>>
>>51534330
> rapes everything else in single core benchmarks
It has to do that to even compete, because IOS and software kinda sucks at multithreading and multitasking.

> and NAND performance
I doubt it. Also, how much do you need? My $100 smartphone can do 100MB/s reads already.

> 2GB of RAM yet it hardly ever shuts down apps because iOS doesn't chug down RAM like a motherfucker
Lel, when does Android ever close apps with 2GB of RAM? When you run three 3D games in parallel? Maybe it suspends / unloads something if you run thirty regular apps? Lel.

> vibration motor is god tier
Pretty much the same as every other decent phone's.

> standby is god tier, screen on is actually decent for its small capacity battery
Nothing special either. Apart from that, for things like games you'd prefer to have a bigger battery anyways.
>>
File: 1448512605543.jpg (9 KB, 227x200) Image search: [Google]
1448512605543.jpg
9 KB, 227x200
>>51534330
>single core benchmarks
>the best itoddlers can do is compare 50% of its cpu power to 1/8 the cpu power of other phones just so their shitty toy can even be mentioned at all in the final ranking
>>
>>51531511
Are you saying the resolution is low?
>>
>>51534394
PS: Multicore designs are better with an OS and hardware that can nicely distribute loads and suspend cores when they're not needed and all that.

For both cost and performance (which is nowadays also heat management) reasons.

It's not good that IOS still almost has to have fast single core performance, having 4-16 cores is just more desirable now. And Linux is fucking great at managing that. Android is also good. This is a snag Apple is caught in, not a nice feature.
>>
>>51532740
>I've heard compared to the 1 it wasn't really mind blowing or felt worth the $$$.
>How do you feel?

I would say that if you already have the 1 then don't get the 2. It's not much of an upgrade. But if it's your first oneplus phone then I would go for the 2.
>>
>>51534394
Adding more cores will just produce a shit ton of heat and won't really affect real life performance, the A9 hardly ever heats up. It's the same thing with how AMD CPUs suck since they just add more cores instead of actually making the processor efficient with what it has.

The NAND does indeed make a difference in day to day performance. Before it'd take a few minutes to transfer ~500MB videos from my computer to my Nexus 9, with the 6S it takes 10-20 seconds at worst.

2GB of RAM is shit with how much RAM Android eats up and the memory leak still present in Marshmallow.
Doze still can't approach iOS in standby time. It's laughable how much my Nexus 9 needs to be rebooted to run properly.

The vibration motor is easily felt and hardly makes a damn sound, this makes a difference. It feels much nicer too.

A bigger battery could've helped, but it still lasts the day compared to phones with 2600-3000mAh. It's hardly an issue.

I use both Android and iOS devices, whether you like iPhones or not, the 6S has damn good hardware, that can't be denied. Look up the AnandTech review.
>>
>>51533937
>implying I won't just cut off your finger
>>
>>51534624
> Adding more cores will just produce a shit ton of heat and won't really affect real life performance
No, it just werks, my uninformed friend...

> It's the same thing with how AMD CPUs suck since they just add more cores instead of actually making the processor efficient with what it has.
Actually processors got far more efficient with more cores even on x86_64. But you can't do it the AMD way and forfeit other upgrades, like die shrinks and so on.

Of course if Intel keeps shrinking and AMD does not, they'll look shit even with more cores. Also AMD had shitty architecture improvement as compared to what ARM managed recently.

> 2GB of RAM is shit with how much RAM Android eats up and the memory leak still present in Marshmallow.
Lel, no. Verify it against actual devices and the apps that run - this is just nonsense.
>>
>>51533694
This is all true however the 6S has something more like 720p which is not acceptable for a £600+ phone. iPhone 6S PPI: 326, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (from 2011!): 316.
>>
>>51534458
what the fuck are you on about? it supports multi core right now. it beats phones with 4 cores. only you android fucks could somehow see that as a disadvantage of the iphone
>>
>>51535259
Saying that, iOS apps are designed well to work with the resolution and there's not a lot you can't do with an iPhone 6 that you can with a 1080p Android device.
>>
>>51533880
use a botnet device
good one retard
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.