[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to Android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So I've just made the switch to android. Is there anything I should do as far as protection. I've been apple scum since I've had a smartphone. Don't know if there's anything huge I'm missing.
>>
Really, faggot? Nobody fucking cares, go to the cancerous smartphone general
>>
>>51526042
make sure your device can run the latest marshmallow version.
>>
>>51526042
and install gentoo you shitposting faggot
>>
If you're using official firmware, you probably won't get security updates for very long (2 years at most), and they'll be delayed as fuck. if you flash custom firmware, you might get updates faster and for a few more years, but there will be bugs/issues with the custom firmware anyway. And you void your warantee by doing so.

Basically, you're fucked either way. If you want mobile device security, get an Apple or Microsoft phone. Their security situation isn't completely back-asswards fucked.
>>
The most lightweight antivirus I can suggest is Bitdefender. It runs in the background, scans newly installed apps and generally stays out of your way.
>>
>>51526042

just run the latest version of android.

and if you are to install pirated shit, check the comment section of the torrent pages before installing!

im getting the oneplus X in a few days, finally switching from the pos iphone6
>>
>>51526042
>anything i could do as far as protection
Uninstall iCloud online public file sharing.
>done
>>
>>51526042
I don't use Android but I've heard Avast Mobile is one of the best antimalware/antivirus apps for android.
>>
>>51528270
Avast constantly nags you for it's other apps with giant in your face pop-ups and it has some bug where scanning notifications pop up over and over and never go away. It might be functionally good, but overall too much of a pain to deal with. Plus there are better non-root firewall solutions (local VPNs)
>>
>>51527035
uhh
im using official firmware and get updates like every 2 weeks
>>
>>51528270
Installing antivirus is fucking retarded, but you'd have to be a special kind of retard to install one on your phone.

Placebo if you used trusted application repositories, and a waste of resources.
>>
Does anyone know how to restore the appearance/behaviour of the recent apps switcher in 5.x to how it looked in 4.4.x, or if it's even possible? I worked out how to change the main apps menu back to the old style, but not the recent app switcher...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.