[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: me_when_I_m_older.png (933 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
me_when_I_m_older.png
933 KB, 1280x718
>browse /g/ for many months
>/g/ talks about Linux more than anything else, even consumerwhore topics
>say that regular people can use it
>say it's bug free
>say that ubuntu le kicks the ass of winshits and le OSX
>I install Ubuntu
>can't connect to internet some of the time, can't install certain stuff
>install mint
>can't connect to wired internet or most of the time to wireless
>install Ubuntu
>internet works but crashes at startup

So that's months reading alleged /g/ wisdom and only a few days were required to expose it as bs.

I then did some.googling and found the below article, a guy saying he's used Linux a tonne but is leaving it for windows due to it being buggy and unreliable.

http://batsov.com/articles/2011/06/11/linux-desktop-experience-killing-linux-on-the-desktop/
>>
>install arch as first distro
>been using it for a year
>everything works fine

Are people really as retarded as OP or am I just exceptionally smart? Honestly if you fuck up that much with a babby distro then you probably shouldn't be using a computer.
>>
>>51521530
Works fine on my machine, no matter which distro I use.
>>
File: jej.jpg (33 KB, 314x288) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
33 KB, 314x288
>>51521530
>Install the 2 shitiest distros on the planet
>Complain shit doesn't work.

Ayy lmao.
>>
>Op doesn't know how to use linux
>complains
>>>/OSX/
>>
>>51521607
You're just good at following instructions. You'd probably make good cannon fodder.

Have you considered joining the US Army, son?
>>
>>51521530
People here are mostly autistic Neets that need to brag about how they're using a supposedly superior OS like Linux because they can brag to their parents about how savvy they are with computers, while in reality all they do is installing different browsers (mostly meme furry shit like Palemoon), watch anime and change their wallpapers several times a day.
You cannot take advice from anyone here, no exceptions.
>>
>>51521530
>installs Ubuntu
>too stupid to figure out thing
>installs Mint, which is literally the same as Ubuntu
>still too stupid to figure out thing
>complains about it on weeaboo picture forums

sounds like a productive day, OP
>>
>>51521607
>>51521653
>>51521656
>>51521683
>>51521687
>>51521743
you people are the cancer that's driving people away from Linux
what fucking point is there to be narcissistic and condescending like that? you're never getting a gf, much less that way, fucking losers.
>>
>>51521724
Finally, a rare glimpse of truth in a sea of shit.
>>
>>51521530
Source?
>inb4 its you
>>
>>51521784
Good, if people are too retarded to use Linux then they should stay the fuck away. We don't need them dragging the community down with their incompetence.

It's like natural selection.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (68 KB, 449x327) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
68 KB, 449x327
>>51521530
>I did a quick Google search
>the os that literally powers the net breaks it
>explain why you are a retard op
Sorry senpai. Even MS soy l stopped shilling against Loonix. Are you still in 2005
>>
>>51521784
>saying that it works fine on my machine is now considered cancer

Back to reddit you go.
>>
There are reasons to use Linux, but rarely do people here have any. They're just trying to be superior.
Just try to post an interesting, hard topic here and see how people scramble over themselves trying to find a way to look smart without being useful, usually by being pedants without actually even mentioning the topic.
The only reason I come here is muscle memory and forgetting to turn LeechBlock off. This place was good for getting started with Linux, but as soon as I actually started doing work with it, no one had anything to say.
>>
>>51521530
> implying /g/ recommended Ubuntu

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>51521530
Are you aware that even ms uses Linux now in their data center?Sorry this is a really poor bait thread. Some people just like to experiment with their computer and prefer one os over other.
>>
>>51521530
>>can't connect to internet some of the time, can't install certain stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
>>
>>51521883
>Using leech block
>doesn't know how to block using host files
>complains about people being muh superiority complex and acting smart
Are you describing about yourself
>>
File: luther.jpg (195 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
luther.jpg
195 KB, 1600x901
Normalfag here. Linux is superior. Windows is more ironed out. If you can't get those two distros to work just stop using computers.
>>
>>51521530
GNU/Linus woreless works fine where the manufacturers of wireless cards publish specifications so devs can make proper drivers.

Apple deserves your ire far more for fucking up wireless multiple times despite designing the software and writing the software under one roof, but you'll probably be using OS X soon, anyway.
>>
Listen you dumb cunts, Linux is for servers. MS is for gaming. There is a reason. Leave the vegans to their dirt and I'll eat steak until I die young and fat. This is a call out to all of /g/, great you're using a niche OS, fucking good for you. You're unique, talented individuals. Now fuck off and stop pushing a hipster OS.
>>
>>51521530

So your ineptitude needs to be explained by someone else?

Typical millenial fucks.
>>
>>51521946
>windows
>more ironed out
KEK
>scrollbars in kernelspace
>fonts in kernelspace
>botnet in kernelspace
>>
>>51521943
LeechBlock allows me to easily enable and disable multiple block lists, use whitelists easily, change when and how long I'm able to use websites, put just a short countdown instead of blocking, etc.
I use all of these features depending on what I'm doing.
If anything you confirmed how contrarian without reason this place can be.
>>
>>51521969
How about this- people use what's most appropriate for them.
>>
I installed arch as one of my first linux OS's and have had no problems with the wireless card. I just used a wired connection to install some software to setup a wireless connection.
It took zero effort.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>51522013
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>51522070
How? I said I used LeechBlock, that's how I use LeechBlock. What did I backpedal on exactly?
>>
No issues at all with wifi using tplink cards, xubuntu 15 i think. Everything else works great too, OP is a fool.

Freshly installed about a month ago for the parents. If my tech illiterate father has no issues then i really feel bad for you.
>>
>>51522013
It doesn't explain why if you absolutely hates coming here doesn't block it at host level. Also I feel sorry you can't have any self control.
>>
>>51522100
Sometimes people I know link threads from here, it's courtesy to view links people send me.
Humans are creatures of habit. I don't have any problem accepting my flaws, and compulsive behaviour is one of them. This place is very bad for me. You should consider why you feel the need to shame people who are trying to better themselves.
>>
>>51522130
>people I know put links here
Didn't know you were the member of the local look lkool kids klub
>why I have the urge
Why so butthurt
>>
>>51522161
Gibberish
>>
>>51521530
When did I last have sex? *sniff* never
*sniff**sniff*
When will I next have sex? *sniff* never
>>
>>51522130
>this place is bad for me
>still doesn't block it at host level
>eating shit consciously.
Block it dude. It's for your own good.
>>
>>51522169
I will blame my swipe keyboard for that.
>>
>>51521856
lol that superiority complex
>>
>>51521607
>Exceptionally smart
>Implying its difficult to read the wiki and
paste commands into a terminal

>>51521530
Ubuntu may actually be more difficult to troubleshoot for beginners because of the additional layers of complexity introduced over something more minimal like Arch.

Your problem probably lies with some incompatibility issues with your wireless card.

On Ubuntu it can be hard for beginners to pinpoint exactly where things are going wrong (for example "Network Manager failed" or something).

Try reading the (arch) wiki on wireless networking and connecting with wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd from the terminal. If your wifi card is to blame you will fail at setting your wireless device (wlp3s0 or something else beginning with w-) to "up." In that case "rfkill disable all" can remove a soft block. If it's hard blocked you're out of luck as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>51521743
> weeaboo picture forums
kill yourself
>>
File: e50.png (28 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
e50.png
28 KB, 625x626
>>51521724
>>
>>51522910
haha,salt much?
>>
>>51522923
You'd be wrong, and you know it.
>>
>>51522910
>being this new
>>
>>51521687
yes
>>
>>51521827
Zizek.
He's pretty entertaining, especially his "guide" documentaries even if you don't politically agree with him.
>>
>>51521530
When you are a child, the benefits of math seem very far fetched and difficult to grasp, as you don't understand math yet. But once you make that leap into learning just a little bit of math, and the more you learn, it has been shown that the door can be opened to awesome things.
Linux is the same way.

You are just a ignorant factor who doesn't into computers. Buy a Mac o.o, your a factor, and will always be one.
>>
>>51524205
Autocorrect kek
>>
>>51521985
look, ma, he can't spell millennial!
>>
>>51521607
>>install arch as first distro
>>been using it for a year
>>everything works fine
>Are people really as retarded as OP or am I just exceptionally smart? Honestly if you fuck up that much with a babby distro then you probably shouldn't be using a computer.

People are fucking stupid.. I installed arch about 2months ago and have never had an issue I couldn't figure out by a Google search or two..

I have installed mint and Ubuntu on and off for the past 3-4years so I had a LITTLE knowledge on the Linux system before installing arch
>>
>>51521607
Not OP, but how do you connect to the internet in Damn Small Linux?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.