[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Company I used storing password in plain text
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: pass.jpg (221 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
pass.jpg
221 KB, 425x282
How do I go about resolving this? I'm obviously going to bring it to their attention but i want to see if i can hack my own account first to see how easy it is. How do I do this? I've heard about injecting iframes that connects to a site with a malicious javascript file. Am i on the right track here?
>>
>>51512073
>if i can hack my own account

>go to site
>enter username/password
>status: hacked

It's as simply as that m8.
>>
>>51512106

You know what I mean la'

In hindsight I don't know why i'm asking a web development/security question on this site when all you weeb gaymen faggots only care about muh hardware
>>
>>51512073
Storing passwords in plaintext doesn't mean it's easy to hack, it just means it's easy to get the passwords after you're in.
>>
>>51512073
if they store passwords in plaintext then they probably didn't employ the greatest security masterminds.
Next time you login try entering this as your username:
anon'; DROP ALL TABLES; --
>>
>>51512307
theoretically, what would this log me in as if it works? an admin i assume yes?
>>
>>51512350
it would delete their database
>>
>>51512350
This would log you as nothing, all their users would be lost.
>>
>>51512364
>>51512369
Yeeeeeeeh...I won't be trying that.
>>
>>51512350
you can try using
" or ""="

as both username and password.
(Try it with both quotations and apostrophes - you don't know how are their queries built)
Depending on the way their query works, it might select all users in the database, and then log you in as the first added user, which is usually the super admin
>>
>>51512401
>>51512369
>>51512364
>>51512307
Why are you faggots giving this guy any stupid ideas? He clearly has no clue about security, programming or the /g/ etiquette. The correct course of action is to tell him to get the fuck out of here, you stupid script kiddie.
>>
>>51512436
>anon breaks database
>company is stupid but their hosting provider isn't and logs IPs
>anon gets charged with cyber crimes
>everything goes well
>>
>>51512436
As a front end dev I'm keen to learn about back end security methods. I'm responsible enough not to fuck around with things I don't know about
>>
>>51512436
I want to see OP delete his database, stop shitting in the ballpit and let us have our fun Anon.
>>
>>51512401
give links, we'll happily do it
>>
Does anyone have any links to github repos or online resources I can learn more about pen testing for web apps?

>>51512526
I'm too much of a moralfag. Sorry anon
>>
>>51512548
come on, do it
>>
>>51512548
try this first:
>>51512405
it won't do damage, but will tell you if the site is vulnerable to mysql injections.
assuming their query looks like this:
mysql_query('SELECT * FROM users WHERE username="'.$login.'" AND password="'.$password.'"');

(which is quite a common way to make it for complete beginners)
it will then end up looking like this:
mysql_query('SELECT * FROM users WHERE username="" or ""="" AND password="" or ""=""');

and since ""="" is true, it will select all users instead of just one.
>>
>>51512598
Thanks anon, i'm in the middle of setting up a database using mamp just to check this stuff out and learn a little. I actually have a project due next month on this type of thing so it'll come in useful :)
>>
>>51512307
Nah. try if you don't want to get fired
anon' OR 1 = 1;
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.