[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/entoomen, I have installed cyanogenmod and f-droid, duckduckbotnetgo..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
So /g/entoomen, I have installed cyanogenmod and f-droid, duckduckbotnetgo..
I really want to stat away from google and specially those lame google apps.
Do you only use The f-droid apps available or how do you survive?
I can't even customize without getting google play store...
>>
I use apk-mirror.
>>
>trying to run away from Google
You're just making things harder for yourself
>>
>>51506040
bump.
are you all for .apk only??

>>51506879
But anon. I don't want all that bloat...
>>
>>51506040
You are doing it wrong, anon. Is a fucking Android phone, all the apps are in the fucking Google store.

I know what you are trying to do and I did the same. But, you have to install Open Gapps: opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=pico

The pico version has the minimum Google services to install Google Play, and it will be the only piece of code by Google. You will end with Google Play and northing else.
>>
>>51506040
Aptoide has basically everything and is open source.
>>
>>51507249
That's placebo. The play store requires Google Services Framework and Google Play Services, those are the beasts that intrude privacy, are always on, have constant network activity, eat all your ram.
>>
>>51507372
>those are the beasts that intrude privacy
how?

>are always on
nope

>have constant network activity
Have you ever configured your phone? disable sync and automatic options, god!

>eat all your ram.
false
>>
>>51507249
Google playservices also updates itself and there is no way top stop that. Way to be c.ucke.d
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-11-50-20.png (86 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-11-50-20.png
86 KB, 720x1280
>>51507545
Seriously motherfucker, you are using cyanogenmod, you can easily disable the services you don't need or want. Geez.
>>
File: nokia_n9_review_sg_571-820x420.jpg (77 KB, 820x420) Image search: [Google]
nokia_n9_review_sg_571-820x420.jpg
77 KB, 820x420
>>51506040
Just get an N9, besides getting an actually usable phone it won't lag
>>
>>51507730
>el ten eleven
i love that band
>>
change settings of g apps. Don't allow bg services
>>
File: 1427629749609.jpg (40 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1427629749609.jpg
40 KB, 403x392
>bought lg g4 because /g/ told me to do so
>can't unlock the bootloader anymore because LG dropped their official support for it
>can't even root it

fucK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>51506040
Its not really smart to use Fdroid if you want more features on your smartphone and the botnet thing.Well I will say that these days everything is botnet.Anything that connects ytou to the internet is botnet.
>>
>>51507702
I need to re-enable /unfreeze it when i want to use the playstore after which it will auto update itself. Its pointless
>>
>>51507393
What the fuck, why this forced ignorance?

Get tcpdump, some task manager, check the ram consumption, look at the wakeups, set up a logging vpn. You clearly have not done any research whatsoever.
>>
>>51506327
This, but I try to keep the number of apps I get to a minimum. More from f-droid than anything.
>>
>>51508007
did you install gentoo too?
did you buy le maymay 3.5gb 970 which can't even handle 1080p games as well as 1gb cards from five years ago?
did you fall for the freesync/gsync memes too?

idiots who listen to retarded shitposters on 4chan, deserve what they end up with.
>>
>>51508007
If you've bought anything other than the international G4 (H815), good luck...
>>
>>51508007
unless you bought the international or tmobile version you dun goofed fAm
>>
>>51509218
Yes I have researched, none of the things you imply constitutes something that "intrude privacy".
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.