[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you guys stand using Java? I have to use Java
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1443582524862.jpg (115 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1443582524862.jpg
115 KB, 640x628
How the fuck do you guys stand using Java? I have to use Java for my programming course but i already broke my fingers due to its verbosity.

Almost threw out the computer when i tried to port my C SDL game to java, number of code lines trippled.

Are there any non verbose graphics/multimedia libraries for java?
>>
>>51505763
Use a different language that also lives in the jvm, like clojure.

Java is for wasting time and causing rmi.
>>
>number of code lines trippled
Bullshit. If anything, it had to decrease. You are just not good at Java.

Also, use auto complete.
>>
Sauce on the pic
>>
>>51505869
Learn to google
>>
It's almost as if there are additional merits to a programming language to consider beyond how many keystrokes the syntax requires.

The fact that you haven't figured that out, and are here shouting your butt hurt from the mountain tops; makes me think you're just not much of a programmer.
>>
>>51505891
Google gives some shitty tumblr and twitter results. I want the name.
>>
>>51505926
You fucking retard, name is literally in the 4th result.
>>
>>51505911
rekt
/thread
>>
>>51505911
amen

also, anyone else here play with classloading?
>>
>>51505948
No its not you fag
>>
>>51506008
Google targets slut names to usual wankers.
>>
>>51505954
How is that a rekt?
>>
>>51505855
this. Sublime Text excels at this
>>
>>51505763
>typing Java
Haha look at this newfag
Protip: Nobody types Java in full. I just type the first 2 or 3 letters and then choose one of the autocompletes in Eclipse.
>>
>>51505763
What's wrong with a language being verbose?

Just set up your IDE for some mad auto completes. sop + cmd space -> System.out.println()

P.s. i hope you ain't hand coding UIs.
>>
>>51505763
I loovvvvvvvveeeeew JAVA i make android app. I make moneys. I like monkeys
>>
File: Bowel-Distruptor.png (351 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bowel-Distruptor.png
351 KB, 500x375
>>51505848
This. Java sucks balls.

>>51505855
>>51505911
>>51505972
Bullshit. It's been known for a fucking DECADE just how much brain-damage Java causes.

http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html

>>51506259
>>51507108
If your text editor is doing your coding, then what the fuck are you doing?

The hallmark of a Java programmer = the IDE does the work. The hallmark of nearly every other programmer = they could write it on paper, type it in and there's a good chance it would work. What does it say that a language works best with the programmer sitting on their ass and the tool writing code?

When your IDE does your work for you, you go soft in the head.

>>51507108
>P.s. i hope you ain't hand coding UIs.
I supposed you think designing websites in a GUI makes sense too? Jesus H. Fucking Retards, it's 2000 all over again. Go get Macromedia and "design some sites".
>>
>>51507407
I think you're confused about what an IDE can do. It's not the case that the IDE writes every other line or function for you.

It's more the case that you write a shorthand form of your program that the IDE interactively expands. It's like macro expansion while you type.
>>
>>51505763
scala is a bit better but it has it is still a really huge language
>>
>>51505848
The only problem with Clojure is that it's not great on Android apps since it requires an extra few megs of disk space and incurs a bit of a runtime startup penalty.
>>
>>51507407
>Java sucks balls

Ok, you make a better language and platform to develop software.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.