[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the cheapest way I can keep my ativity from being tracked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1431796605865.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1431796605865.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
Whats the cheapest way I can keep my ativity from being tracked online by my ISP and the NSA? Is Tor still safe? Or should I just buy a VPN like everyone else.
>>
>>51505212
What do you plan to do that would require you to use a VPN
>>
>>51505212

VPN will hide you from your ISP and thus any silly copyright claims. NSA has got your balls no matter what. So just suck it up.
>>
daily reminder the NSA owns a LOT of exit nodes
>>
>>51505212
>Whats the cheapest way I can keep my ativity from being tracked online by my ISP and the NSA?
Stop using the internet
>>
Stop using Windows.
Use Tor to browse the web, don't trust VPNs - they log everything you do.
Use Perfect Dark or other Jap networks for files.
Never use social media.
>>
>>51505212
> implying
>>
>>51505220

Im a police officer and I was planning on sharing a collection of murder scenes and suicide aftermaths online and needed a very very secure way of doing it so it won't come back and bite me in the ass.
>>
>>51505251
>he brags about on 4chan of all places
Good luck with your career, you'll need it.
>>
>>51505251
go to a coffee shop or other crowded public access point, use a VPN + tor
although your biggest security risk won't be someone spying on your connection, but rather people knowing that you are part of the relatively small set of people that have access to those files
make sure you wipe the drive you store the files on
>>
>>51505261
Unless I brag about it on facebook or twitter im relatively safe.
>>
Stop using technology, otherwise you're shit out of luck with the NSA.

Otherwise just get a VPN and pray you don't get put on the shit list.
>>
>>51505212
The internet is pretty much a public space, like it or not. If you are connected, you're in the public. So, whatever you share it's not safe.

If you want to be safe, you don't share anything important in the public space (internet). Simple.

If you use Tor / VPN / encryption they will know you are using them for a reason. So once the leak is out they know whom they need to search.
>>
>>51506507

So is a VPN a complete waste of time/money?

I was thinking about purchasing service with one of the recommended ones around here (Mullvad, I think there's a few others that /g/ generally recommends), but my uses are mostly:

- torrents: being able to use public trackers
- anonymity from non-gov people, i.e. random websites, being logged into my school's wifi and wanting that extra layer so they don't see what I'm accesssing
- maybe unblocking 'region blocked' content on the web

I actually don't have any intentions for any 'hacking' or sinister deep web stuff. My biggest fear on that list is probably my use of public torrents, especially with all of the TPP stuff, and I'm still not totally clear even if a VPN will be worthwhile in that case.
>>
>>51505212
dumb frogposter
>>
>>51506890

Pepe is sacred on 4chan. How dare you, sir.
>>
>>51505285
This except I would destroy the drive. Nasa has recovered data from drives that were on one of the shuttle crashes. Melt it with oxy acetylene torch or something. Magnets don't work that we'll unless very powerful.
>>
>>51505251
Post here
>>
>>51505212
Something to hide?
>>
>>51505212
Nothing. Your CPU and hard drive have built-in backdoors.
>>
>tfw face when your ISP does certificate fowarding and spoofing on the sites you think you have encrypted connections

>tfw all of your encrypted connections are really terminated at your ISP.

>tfw nsa

>tfw cia

>tfw tfw.
>>
>>51507388

Do you wear clothes?

DUUUH WHY IZ IT CAUSING U GOT TO HIDE SUMTIN?
>>
Any one have any good VPN recs for torrenting, that will be fine to use for both public and private?
>>
>>51509024
Don't torrent. Buy things. People worked to make those, so you should work to pay for them.

I get it if you're a young kid, but part of being a grown up is being responsible, and responsible means not cheating others.
>>
>>51509563
Hell no.
Almost everything I torrent isn't legally available.
You want me to go and pay for a forwarding service for drm infested goods?
>>
>>51505310
>not knowing this shithole isn't a honeypot
>not knowing you're going to fired the moment you upload any of this shit
have fun making the world a worse place while losing your pension... dipshit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.