[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to burn CDs at 4x speed? I use LG GH24NS72 MODISC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: philcdr.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
philcdr.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
Is there a way to burn CDs at 4x speed?

I use LG GH24NS72 MODISC 24x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Internal SATA DVD Burner with Ultraiso. I tried to burn Resident Evil to PHILIPS CD-R.

I selected the "4x" speed but for some reason it burned the game with 16x speed. Now when I put the backup disc in my PS1 the game works, but there is no audio for characters speech and cutscenes. Did 16x corrupted the audio files?

Help?
>>
>>51502867
no you probably burnt a bad dump, it should be a cue/bin because the audio track has probably to be written as cd-audio
>>
also use imgburn
>>
>>51502867
>Is there a way to burn CDs at 4x speed?

I haven't burnt a CD for years, but it used to depend on the drive (I guess it's about which settings the firmware/drivers allow or override) and of course the software you use. Way back, like 15 years ago, you were usually better off to burn audio CDs at 1x or 2x or you'd get occasional skips but I don't think tech is still that bad - or is it?
>>
>>51502867
, >2015
>cd
>>
>>51502867
Slow burning is a meme, You should burn at whatever the disc is rated at or just leave it as default.

Get a proper copy of the game that has a correct cuesheet so the audio tracks are burned correctly. nitroroms.com is good.
>>
>>51502935
>>51502951
>>51503072
>>51503117
Thanks.
>>
Could be corrupted ISO. Try another.

Though I remember 360 games would definitely benefit from burning at 2.4x. I used to use IMG Burn.
>>
holy shit, blast from the past
>>
>>51503117
It can be a real thing. You do get better burns from CLV on most firmware, depending on the media. Cyanine burns better slow; azo works across the board; phthalocyanine blisters quickly and prefers fast. (Your drive firmware, in detecting the dye type, will adjust the laser power for you.)

However, it'll be way more affected by your media quality. Try Taiyo-Yuden (if you can get one... I miss them!). I've never had a bad burn from them, but unfortunately they now no longer make optical media, which I suppose means optical media is going the way of floppies in a race to the bottom (due to lack of demand) until none of it works.

Another potential you need to watch out for - you may need a bin/cue dump, as the .iso format may not correctly hold the contents of the disc: all of the audio on Resident Evil is stored as multichannel ADPCM on 2532-byte CD-XA Mode 2 sectors (with one less layer of error correction) and not CD-Audio. This is common for PS1 games (perhaps more common than Red Book CD-Audio, as it uses far less space).
>>
>>51503200
Thanks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.