[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LG G4 vs Nexus 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: LG_G4_vs._Nexus_6_hero[1].jpg (36 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
LG_G4_vs._Nexus_6_hero[1].jpg
36 KB, 700x394
I'm having a hard time deciding on a new unlocked phone to buy. This is everything I care about in both of these phones.

LG G4
-$400 on amazon
-expandable storage
-removable battery
-root yes
-xposed yes
-no fingerprint(meh)
-cm13 nightlies

Nexus 6 64gb
-$400 on amazon
-stock android
-android doze
-google fi
-root yes
-xposed yes
-no fingerprint(meh)
-amoled screen (blacker blacks, turn of pixelss)

Processors have plateaued and are both very similar. Both have fast charging. Anything I've missed?
>>
Have LG4. Really like it but it's kinda large. The camera is great though
>>
>>51498752
I can deal with large. That's why I am really considering the Nexus 6. It is less expensive than the 5X and it seems like it is a better deal.
>>
>>51498628
>cm13 nightlies

Since when? I have an LG G4 and I love it but I'm pretty sure nobody has gotten cm on it yet?

That said, I recently bought and returned on Amazon a Nexus 6 because it was just too fucking big. Went back to my G4. Better camera, back buttons are great once you adjust, you'll wonder why everyone doesn't do that.
>>
Fucking fags

Check the catalog

>>51481884

>>51481884

/spg/ - Smartphone General
>>
>>51500008
Also, I'd like to add that the G4's screen is miles better. Whites are actually white, and side by side the Nexus 6's whites are a sickly yellow.
>>
>>51500008
I'm more interested in the blacks. I have the s4 right now and I take advantage of the amoled screen.
>>
>>51500965
It's not an AMOLED, but I'd say the blacks are fine. Not 'true black' like an amoled screen for sure but nothing you'd notice without really looking for it.

Really, I think it's worth putting up with for a screen that doesn't look noticeably piss-yellow. That was one of my biggest complaints.
>>
I have the Nexus 6 and my bro has the LgG4, i love my phone. Messed around with my bro's phone and its meh at best. Just like every other android phone.
>>
Have had a g4 for months now and still can't root without a computer.. Sucks desu. Muh customizations and hardware enhancements...
>>
>-root yes

no.
>>
>>51498628
>G4
>CM13
Only if it's the H815 model, m8. I just bought the G4 last night for Sprint, and discovered that the only model you can unlock the bootloader for is the H815 version. Everything else, you can root by making a backup of your system partition and inject root, then flash the new rooted system partition, and you can install xposed framework, but you're stuck with the LG stock rom.

Granted, with xposed and editing my system partition to remove bloat, it's still an amazing device and I have zero regrets about buying it to replace my shitty m9, but don't expect custom roms on any carrier that won't accept an unlocked H815.
>>
>>51501771
Yes. You can root the G4 very easily. You install USB drivers to pc, put it in download mode, use the send_command batch file to send a dd command to make an image of your system partition, transfer it to a computer, inject root, transfer it back to phone, send dd command to write the modified system.img and you've got root.

Takes about 20 minutes and doesn't require wipe. Overall, was one of the easiest root processes I've ever done.
>>
I picked the 6 over the g4 months ago and haven't regretted it one bit. Nexus all the way.
>>
>>51498628
Literally just a battle of do you want expandable storage/battery

Also the g4 camera was arguably top 3 tier in 2015
>>
The G4 is infinitely superior in every respect that matters, including the removable battery and microSD card slot.

OP, if you can't honestly figure this out, you don't deserve a god damned smartphone.
>>
>>51498628
G4 has a shit tier dual core which stutters if you try do decode any 10bit content.
>>
>>51501887
The easiest way of rotting and the safest way is to inject the root trough ubuntu by making a copie out of your current system in the G4. Pretty easy and you just need the copy (wich the phone can make) and a jab with ubuntu.
>>
>>51503247
>Dual core
This is how I know you are retarded.
>>
>>51501887
and risk voiding warranty? don't get me wrong, I've rooted my old Vodafone smart mini (just to uninstall bloatware), unrooted it and sent it to warranty, they didn't seem to notice it. but what if the screen stops working? what if the touch stops working? what if something happens when I end up not being able to unroot it, like a virus or a software issue? too much of a risk man. (not OP, just voicing my opinion)
>>
>>51503739
You don't void the warranty by rooting. Your bootloader is still locked, and you're basically doing the equivalent of copying a superuser binary to your system partition. It's such a small change that the system.img you create is the same size as the rooted system.img

Basically you're installing an app without an apk, but since it's a system app you'd need root to do it through a file manager, which puts you in a catch 22 of needing root to get root.

You're still using a totality stock rom and you have a stock system.img to dd back to unroot if needed.
>>
>>51504610
Don't give arbitrary definitions you asshat. Most companies void your warranty when you root or install custom roms because that increases the chance to break your phone. Rooting and unlocking the bootloader are covered by insurances but warranties are void in almost all cases
>>
>>51504671
>rooting causes hardware failure on camera, buttons, etc
You're retarded. And it's trivial to unroot.
>>
>>51502487
And the option of Google fi, stock Nexus, and size. Size can be positive or negative.
>>
>>51498628
Kek, it was $290 not to long ago (nexus 6). I think it was eBay, but still.

I'm just waiting for black Friday.

>>51504610
Depends on OEM, knox for example does get tripped when rooted (unless modified bootloader), but the nexus lineup is usually fine with rooting.
>>
>>51503230
But
>muh stock Android
>muh updates
>muh dev support
>>
>>51504700
I'd want the 64gb version though.
>>
>>51504690
Don't put words in my mouth you backwater basement technician. It doesn't matter how much you think you know about technology or what you feel you should be allowed to do. Installing a root on your will enable you do modify many parts of the system that could render the phone unusable. It is not assumed that every person has a computer that can restore a factory ROM either.

The pure fact of the matter whether you want it to be this way or not is that rooting your phone AND installing custom ROMs void most warranties on almost all devices. Not only in the manufacturer warranty but the provider warranty as well.
>>
>>51504716
It was $350 or $360 on eBay not too long ago.

But then you don't get amazons god tier return system.
>>
>>51504766
I remember seeing that. But now it is only the 32gb in the blue and I don't really want to have a white phone to get all dirty.
>>
>>51504703
>>muh stock Android
>>muh updates
>>muh dev support
>>>/xda/
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.