[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is directx 12 the only reason to upgrade from windows 7 to 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: WIP_Windows10_laptop.png (91 KB, 484x272) Image search: [Google]
WIP_Windows10_laptop.png
91 KB, 484x272
is directx 12 the only reason to upgrade from windows 7 to 10? i dont give a fuck about xbox or microsoft store or touch screen crap, bloatware as far as im concerned.

but since w7 wont be getting dx12 and i heard there will be performance boost in some game??

>TL;DR is dx12 a meme?
>>
For now, dx12 is meme
in 2-3 years, AAA titles dx12 no meme
>>
>>51496828
Right now no games are using Dx12, and won't be for at least 2 years. Until then windows 10 has no benefit in games.
>>
Well, it got some minor upgrades like a terminal emulator that can be resized without going into its NT 3.51 era context menu, Explorer not hanging as often while waiting for network drives, etc.

I/O performance might be slightly better in general, though it's clearly still orders of magnitude behind Linux in some situations.

Not sure if 10 is an upgrade from 7 desu. If you had 8 I'd recommend it.
>>
DX will be usable in the future, since january some games will need that.
But being on 7 on this day and age? You're missing native iso mounting, virtual desktop, widi, faster startup and better thread dispatching on multi core performance (It already give a boost to some vidya since windows 8.1 TH2). Pic related.
>>
>>51497134
>You're missing native iso mounting
wincdemu is better than microsoft's native implementation
>virtual desktop
Wowee who gives a shit. Any productive person who needs this would be already using a multi monitor setup or linux/bsd anyway
>widi
nice meme
>faster startup
also a meme
> faster startup and better thread dispatching on multi core performance
complete meme
>>
>>51497134
ok kool but what about all the added crap windows 10 comes with does that not slow it down?
>>
>>51497314
Nice rebutal man
>>51497325
>Added crap
Are you not paying attention, 10 runs faster than 7 on the same hardware, that's what you get after some 6 years of optimization anon.
>>
>>51497374
>Are you not paying attention, 10 runs faster than 7 on the same hardware
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS MAN'S LIES
HE IS A MICROSOFT SHILL
WINDOWS 10 RUNS EXACTLY THE SAME AS WINDOWS 7. ONLY WITH ADDED TELEMENTARY THAT PHONES HOME EVERY 5 SECONDS.

IT IS THE SAME KERNEL
NO GAMES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DIRECT X 12 AND WON'T UNTIL 2+ YEARS FROM NOW
STOP FALLING FOR THESE MEMES SPREAD BY THE MEMEMAN
>>
>>51497422
>IT IS THE SAME KERNEL
Prove it
>NO GAMES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DIRECT X 12 AND WON'T UNTIL 2+ YEARS FROM NOW
True
>MEMES
Saying "memes" unironically is retarded, you can look around about 10 to see its pretty good right now anon, even more after the first SP1 landed.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/07/faster-booting-smaller-footprint-make-windows-10-an-easy-upgrade-for-old-pcs/
Also, you need to learn what telemetry is, becaues, you think its some sort of spying tool and even then it can be easily disabled with a script you find on most windows 10 generals.
tl:dr LURK THE FUCK MORE
>>
>>51497464
>Prove it
They literally just changed the number. That's it. That's the microsoft spirit
>you can look around about 10 to see its pretty good right now anon, even more after the first SP1 landed.
If you were savvy enough you would have known that you can easily fix this on windows 7 to make it boot and shut down on the same level as 8 and 10 within 4 clicks of the left mouse button
>start
>msconfig in search
>timeout, 3 seconds
done
>Also, you need to learn what telemetry is, becaues, you think its some sort of spying tool
> you think its some sort of spying tool
I can't believe i'm reading this right now
>and even then it can be easily disabled with a script you find on most windows 10 generals.
>2015
>HAVING TO DOWNLOAD A THIRD PARTY SCRIPT TO STOP PRIVATE INFORMATION (not just useless information) FROM BEING SENT TO A CORPORATION
>tl:dr LURK THE FUCK MORE
>also 2015
>telling people to lurk more when the site is so infested by reddit fucks like you that it's a lost cause
>>
>>51497556
>They literally just changed the number. That's it. That's the microsoft spirit
Stopped reading right there, you're just a stupid troll who can't even come up with a funny answer.
Is this /b/ or something? I thought I was on a technology board.
>>
>>51497589
>concede and dismissal
ahahahaha blown the fuck out wayyy too hard
>>
File: PARJEET.jpg (135 KB, 618x505) Image search: [Google]
PARJEET.jpg
135 KB, 618x505
>>51496828
POO IN THE LOO MY SON PARJEET
>>
>>51496849
UE and Unity already support DX12
>>
>>51497374
No it doesn't, it feels the same or worse for daily usage. It only boots faster, really (as Windows 8.1 does).

>>51496849
Pretty much this. DX12 will matter in the future, but not today. Plus, its likely that support for DX11 won't stop - DX12 benefits are related to performance with low-end and mid-end processors.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.