[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruby. Python. PHP. Which is better for future job potential?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 350x144) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 350x144
Ruby.
Python.
PHP.

Which is better for future job potential? Which is worth learning more?

I know basic HTML and CSS.
>>
>>51493331

I think you're most likely to get a job with PHP.
>>
I've used Python and wsgi for web development (same as Django IIRC). Works just fine.

Learn Python
>>
>>51493331
one of these threads exists on page 2.
>>
>>51493413
stfu
>>
>>51493331
>Which is better for future job potential? Which is worth learning more?

mu
>>
>>51493331
go to craigslist or whatever the fuck job site in your area and search "language" then developer in my area python and django are bigger then ruby and php currently.
>>
>>51493331
>php
>job potential
>ever
kek'd heartily
>>
>>51493331
Why learn a shitty copy of lisp when you can just learn a real lisp?
>>
Node.js
>>
>>51494427
facebook maybe
>>
>>51493331
All of these are slow as shit and also dynamic which means they are shit. Learn a compiled language.
>>
>>51494510

Such as?
>>
>>51494427
Wut?

What is literally 82% of the internet...
>>
What about ASP.NET? Which language C# or VB? Should I learn one before trying ASP?
>>
>>51494571
It doesn't take much knowledge to throw shit around.
>>
>>51494510
There exist compilers for both python and ruby.
>>
>>51494594
c# is great
>>
>>51494601
You are the living example of that.
>>
>>51493331
PHP and Perl are here forever. You can be rest assured they will probably never fully go away. In reality, you will have to learn Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl, NodeJS, and probably a few others along the way. You will have to use all of them.

Just learn one really well. It doesn't matter what you choose. I like Ruby and NodeJS. If you learn something very well, you can learn the others.
>>
>>51495051
>PHP and Perl are here forever.

kek
>>
PHP.

There is so, so much of it out there.
>>
>>51493331
the sheer amount of awful legacy rails apps out there pretty much ensures you a (miserable) job for the rest of your life with ruby! :)
>>
C++ faggot pussy
>>
You're more likely to get a job in PHP but Rails developers generally make more than Python and PHP developers.
>>
>>51496441
C++ is useless unless you're doing something that needs all the speed you can possibly get.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.