[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best and worst tv brands?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: 1441068889236.png (85 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1441068889236.png
85 KB, 400x300
What are the best and worst tv brands?
>>
I only tried Samsung and LG. LG is worse.
>>
Typically Sony TV's have lower latency, faster response times.
Samsung's have better image processing at the cost of high latency.
LG is in between.
The others don't matter as much unless you're on a budget.
>>
>>51482298
Is samsung tv's that don't last a meme?
>>
Good TV's: anything that begins with an S

Bad TV's: the rest that don't begin with an S
>>
>>51482259
I sell TV's for a part-time job, Samsung Televisions are good for picture quality.
4-6 years it will die.
LG's are better, lifetime wise.

Or get an RCA, those are the best :^)
>>
THX certified Panasonic/LG Plasmas and OLED's should be the only ones worth considering for picture quality.
>>
>>51482259
Best: Samsung
Worst: Others
>>
Sony (picture quality, durability, overpriced)
Panasonic (Sony but cheaper)

shit tier
vizio (seems good but don't buy this crap)
samsung (korean gimmicks)

Don't know about the others.
>>
>Panasonic

LOL
>>
Sony - Sharp\LG - Samsung (In that order)

Rest are shit.
>>
>>51482259
Good: Company makes their own panels
Bad: Company buys panels from companies above.
>>
>>51482259
just get samsung or LG, good quality for the price.

sony used to be the best but now they are living off their name while still charging a premium.
>>
>>51483079
sony is still great, but now people are tired of paying the crazy premium for them. and i dont blame them
>>
File: 1419752277264.png (61 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
1419752277264.png
61 KB, 252x200
>>51482864
>Sharp
>>
>>51483211
Old Sharp Aquos sets were quite good
>>
>>51482259
Apple TV
>>
>>51482259
>implying chink TV brands such as TCL, Skyworth, and Hisense are automatically shit judging by their non-inclusion in the pic
>>
>>51484595
Well are they shit then?
>>
>>51484595
>>51484828
their panel is like from lg/sharp and samsung.

like xiaomi 4k tv is based from samsung/lg but cheaper.
>>
>Got lots money?
Sony

>Got some money?
Samsung

>Poorfag?
Everything else but I would go for LG
>>
Zenith still make TVs?
>>
>>51484973
They are owned by LG and reduced to just a brand.
>>
>>51484973
They're owned by LG now.
>>
>>51485000
>>51485006
oh how the mighty have fallen
>>
Insignia

:^)
>>
File: 1433047975653.png (42 KB, 318x339) Image search: [Google]
1433047975653.png
42 KB, 318x339
>>51482391
what about sharp?
I know samsung and sony are the obvious chink choice for tvs. I'm in the market for a new tv and sharps are a bit cheaper
>>
Sony probably make the best TV's. They're expensive but worth it.
I've got an LG and I've never had any problems.
My parents have had an LG plasma for almost a decade now and it's only just starting to go now.
>>
Sony TVs are great.

They're just too expensive.
>>
>>51482259
I have LG with IPS Alpha panel.
I seriously cant complain the TV is ridiculously good at color representation and viewing angles.
>>
>>51485015
At least it's LG. Polaroid had their brand placed on no name Chinese merchandise shortly after their bankruptcy.
>>
NEC commercial displays, specifically the P-series. Great image quality and color accuracy, can go up to 700cd/m2 if you need it, built to go 24/7 for years. Downside is the price if you get one new, but their refurb store has good deals.
>>
I have a LG one. Lasts forever, never had a problem with it.
>>
Have a 55inch (I think) LG TV and it's stunning

Samsung is fine, altough my samsung tv broke after 5 (or more) years, meh
90% of the colors suddenly changed to pink

if you have da $$$€€€ go LG- otherwise samsung
That's my experience, can't really tell you what is the best objectively
>>
>>51485050
Older sharps are pretty good if you can find them
>>
>>51482895
Sony don't make their own panels, and noone would consider them 'bad'
>>
Good: OLED, VA
Bad: IPS
>>
The one on the top is the top
>>
i bought a hd ready (slightly above 720p) samsung tv years ago. apart from the resolution and the price back then (1000€), it's bretty gud. i've made good experiences with samsung computer monitors as well.

philips and sony used to be great as well, but i haven't been paying attention to tv's in almost 10 years.
>>
>>51483654
they were really good for the price
>>
>>51482259

Bang&Olufsen
>>
Insignia is my favorite and their 30inch 1080p TV cost me about $130
>>
>>51482259
I have a Sanyo CRT and fucking love it.
>>
Panasonic did the greatest plasmas ever, not sure about their LCD lineup. Seriously though it's rare for one brand to excel year after year in one category. I haven't bothered to look for measurements of new TVs so can't comment on it.
>>
>>51482259
Westinghouse is incredible for the price. Also one of the few TVs I've found that has no overscan when connecting a PC
>>
I've had three tvs and one monitor

LG IPS235 (monitor) Pros: Fucking awesome, great color, ips glow is minimal, viewing angles for days, decently small bezel
Cons: wobbly stand, small for a tv (but it's a monitor so...)

SHARP something or other black friday cheap piece of shit 42" tv PROS: really awesome picture quality, relatively batarang resistant
CONS: panel was meh quality but it's was still a phenomenal tv for the price, not completely batarang resistant, heavy as fuck, bezels for days, really shitty remote
I no longer have this TV because of the aforementioned batarang incident.

VIZIO D390-B0 39" also black friday deal PROS: significantly better panel quality than the sharp tv (colors, contrast, brightness), microscopic bezels, decent stand, great remote
Cons: only two hdmi ports, really small remote, tv only has one button so do not lose the remote
Great TV / Would recommend

RCA 30 something " TV that my neighbor gave to me PROS: free, surprisingly decent remote
cons: everything. This thing has bezels for weeks and if you hook it up to a computer, you get burn in sooooo fast and it got really warm for some reason.

LG and VIZIO seem to make great panels.
>>
LG
>cheap
>decent quality
>good service?
They actually replaced my led panel for free even though the warranty was already expired by 4 months.
>>
>top tier
Panasonic
>high tier
Sharp, Sony, LG

who cares about the rest
>>
>>51482365
Yes. I have one of the first plasmas or whatever cost like $2000 or some shit cant remember, this thing has awesome image quality, even though its pretty darn old, samsung makes great tv's all of the tv's in my house are Samsung
>>
>>51487607
Westinghouse = Funai. IMHO the picture quality sucks. And why do they have to hide behind another manufacturers name?
>>
>>51482259
Hyundai
>>
>>51482259
>Toshiba

fun fact, their local manager in my country won't even use their own products because of how shit they are
>>
Panasonic is god tier, Sony is great too.
>>
According to videophiles Panasonic is the best.
>>
If you are serious about IQ, Panasonic.
>>
>>51488467
Also Japanese company Funai makes TV sets under the Magnavox and Sylvania brands under license for the North American market.

>>51488729
My mom thought at first that she would buy a Toshiba TV set; I convinced her to buy a Sharp Aquos instead.

>>51488697
>Hyundai
It does produce TV sets, but their global reach in that field is smaller than that of LG. I never see that Hyundai TV set manufacturing existing.
>>
>>51482259
I only used Samsung and Philips
Samsung's better
>>
>>51488967
>>51488861
I have a 2008 Panasonic Viera 50" plasma and it's gorgeous

Don't plan on getting a new one anytime soon.
>>
>>51487577
>Panasonic did the greatest plasmas ever

Get a load of this faggot.

A properly calibrated Kuro still can't be beaten.
>>
>>51482259
Sony >>>>>>> everyone else
>>
Insignia > your shit TV
>>
Sony and panasonic for sure. Personally I'd get sony just for android tv, but panasonic LEDs are superior
>>
>>51491402
Really? Insignia?
>>
>>51482559
This. Also they have the best response times.
>>
Had a vizio for years. It was ok but the latency was not fantastic. Also it began to run loud towards the end of my use of it.

Got a sharp to replace it. Despite other posters saying huge bezel it actually pretty small. Better latency than the vizio i used and a much brighter picture.

If I didn't care about money i would probably just get a samsung or sony. But i found the sharp on sale and its been a good monitor/t.v.
>>
>>51482259
I'd only stay away from Sharp, LG & Panasonic TV's. I own a Samsung and it's a good TV, the picture and sound is good for a 32".
>>
>>51491402
My shit TV is an Insignia, though.
It had a massive red smear of broken pixels across the entire screen until the panel stopped working entirely.
>>
>>51492698
You do realize that samsung TVs offer less at higher markup just because they put so much money in marketing?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.