[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >Android not having a good equivalent to imessage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 8
File: Actor_Sokka.png (143 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Actor_Sokka.png
143 KB, 333x250
>2015
>Android not having a good equivalent to imessage
>>
How much do you get paid?
>>
>what is Hangouts
>>
>what is the countless number of free botnet messaging apps
>>
>>51474032
>>51474047
Let the poor man keep his job. He probably needs to make a minimum number of iPhone sales a week.
>>
What can iMessage do that makes it so special?
>>
>>51474032
>hangouts
>good

Pick one
>>
File: bbm-3.jpg (106 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
bbm-3.jpg
106 KB, 800x533
>>51474002
It's called BBM
>>
>>51474084
uwotm8
>>
>>51474100
Hangouts still doesn't integrate with my sms well, with up to 15 min delay on send/receiving texts. Still can't delete individual messages. I don't know what Google is doing with their projects in general but they do not give a shit about hangouts in the slightest.
>>
>>51474002
whats imessage?
>>
>>51474099
Is it any good?
>>
I prefer my massages to actually send successfully actually
>>
>>51474002
Google hangouts is the same thing as imessage and works across almost any internet connected device
>>
>>51474079
Blue bubbles, duh.
>>
>what is sms
>>
>>51474002
>2015
>thinking imessage is still hip
>>
>>51474899
can't qksms do that too
it can have pretty much any bubble
>>
iMessage is a good idea, but most people are using androids these days so it was wasted for me, unless I was texting my mom.
>>
>>51474002
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms

It's even available for iOS.

Oh, and it's actually strongly-encrypted.
>>
File: 1441686563922.jpg (65 KB, 436x441) Image search: [Google]
1441686563922.jpg
65 KB, 436x441
>>51474002
T E X T R A

E

X

T

R

A
>>
I prefer IRC
>>
>>51474032
The concept is similarly but it fails hilariously in execution.

>>51474047
>>51474925
>>51474988
>>51475157
>>51475162
>>51475429

None of these do everything iMessage does. The whole point of iMessage is that it's a completely flawless switch between data and SMS without having to worry about accounts or any of that shit. To the end user they don't see what's happening and there's no manual switching. Euro fags won't ever understand why this is useful because they're too deep into the Whatsapp botnet to consider that Americans still largely use SMS and this is a seamless bridge between SMS and data.
>>
>>51475478
I still don't get how your paragraph doesn't describe hangouts.
>>
>>51475478
but if I'm an american why would I use my precious data when I have unlimited SMS?
>>
>>51475515
The switching is fucking awful in Hangouts and requires that you actually have Hangouts installed and are using it. iMessage is built into their SMS application.

>>51475532
Are you serious? Sending text doesn't use shit for data.
>>
>>51475515
google reads your hangouts messages, imessage is end-to-end encrypted.
>>
>>51475564
>The switching is fucking awful in Hangouts and requires that you actually have Hangouts installed and are using it. iMessage is built into their SMS application.

Switching?
All SMS and Hangout messages end up in the same conversation per contact.
If you want to switch the way of sending you just toggle the switch next to the text bar.

Hangouts is the default SMS application in Android.
>>
>>51475564
the point still stands, why use data at all when I have SMS?
>>
>>51475532
>why would I use my precious data when I have unlimited SMS?
Exactly what I want to know. I have unlimited SMS, and only one friend who doesn't have a US number.
>>
And what is the difference between imessage and WhatsApp or Telegram, or even Signal if you care about muh encryption?
>>
>>51475591
>If you want to switch the way of sending you just toggle the switch next to the text bar.

This here is the big difference. No one wants to switch back and forth or even have to think about it.

>Hangouts is the default SMS application in Android.

Good luck getting OEMs to play nice with this vague idea.

>>51475594
>>51475614
You're forgetting that WiFi exists. You can send the text without actually being connected to a cell tower. This can also save you on data compared to MMS since you now have a WiFi option.
>>
>>51475680
>This here is the big difference. No one wants to switch back and forth or even have to think about it.
I don't get this.
Why would switching not be a conscious decision?
How does iMessage decide if you want to text or iMessage?
>>
>>51475646
telegram and imessage are similar - but imessage can do sms as well.

whatsapp is not e2e encrypted - whatsapp employees can decrypt the message on thier side.
>>
>>51475680
>This can also save you on data compared to MMS since you now have a WiFi option.
Project Fi if yours poor or if you have AT&T/ Verizon, you always have cell coverage
>>
>>51475680
I'm never not connected to a cell tower. besides with imessage can't you only send non-SMS messages to other people with imessage? so I couldn't text my mom through wifi-only.
>>
>>51475696
iMessage looks at what you're connected to (wifi, cell, wifi but no cell) and if the other person has message and does this all automatically. There's no fucking around with manual switching which in my experience most people don't bother with at all.

>>51475705
I don't give a shit about your use case. I'm talking about general things here. You can send to non-iMessage users if you don't have cell service. That's handled server side.
>>
>>51475699
that's pretty cool
>>
>>51475737
>most people don't bother with at all.
Exactly, I can't think of a reason for automatic switching.

Sometimes I want to text someone instead of sending a hangouts message, in those cases I switch.

I guess it's an American thing then.
>>
>>51475737
>You can send to non-iMessage users if you don't have cell service

Let's say
>A: iPhone with no phone service, only wifi
>B: Android with phone and data services

Can A send a message to B through iMessage? I will switch to Apple if the answer is yes, because it's mindblowing.
>>
>>51474273
No. BBM creates a mandatory persistent notification, which is UI cancer.

I hear telegram is recommended by Snowden. If only I could get my friends to switch to it.
>>
>>51475803
Signal, not Telegram.
>>
>>51475761
>Exactly, I can't think of a reason for automatic switching.

You just said "exactly" to the reason, idiot. You don't have to think about it with iMessage. It just does it.

>Sometimes I want to text someone instead of sending a hangouts message, in those cases I switch.

Once again you don't have to even bother with this in iMessage. It's doing the thinking for you.

>>51475785
Yes, because Apple can make the carriers do whatever the fuck they want. Seriously, this shit works while flying.
>>
>>51475919
No I'm saying deciding to send a text instead of a hangouts message is a choice.
I guess the landscape is just too different.

Most messages just go through Whatsapp, a text is for you want your message to stand out, if you need the extra priority.
>>
>>51475943
Hey look, I can predict the future! >>51475478

>Euro fags won't ever understand why this is useful because they're too deep into the Whatsapp botnet to consider that Americans still largely use SMS and this is a seamless bridge between SMS and data.
>>
Android users aren't stupif enough to have fancy marketing stop them just using sms.
>>
>>51476045
>spelling errors
>poor grammar
>not making any sort of insightful point

I'm not sure what you're trying to articulate anon but I really hope it doesn't involve you being intelligent.
>>
>>51475478
>Americans still largely use SMS

Is this true? Why would anyone use SMS in freaking 2015?

Do americans also still use fax and telegraphs?
>>
>>51476311
Next there's going to tell us they still actually make phone calls or eat McDonalds.
>>
>>51476345
they're*
>>
>>51474002
>2015
>Applel still insists on their exclusive messenger platform that makes group SMS a pain in the dick with non-iPhone users
>People put up with this and foster peer pressure to buy Apple's overpriced trash

>>51476311
Because in Freedomlandâ„¢ SMS is now unlimited even on most prepaid networks. I don't expect Euro's who have to pay for it to understand.
>>
>>51474959
This
There are numerous imessage clones made but l by chinks and curry niggers available. The shitty American patent laws don't apply to them.
>>
>>51476311
People still use SMS because we haven't blindly given ourselves to Whatsapp. We exchange phone numbers - a standard everyone has. There's no figuring out what service the other person is on.
>>
Wait euros don't have unlimited SMS?
>>
>>51476622
UK here, I have unlimited SMS and Data. I don't see why you'd bother with SMS desu.
>>
>>51476518
We've had unlimited sms for ages
>>
>>51475737
>wifi but no cell
I can understand why you would be without wifi if you are outside the home or the office but in what scenario would you ever be on wifi and have no cell?
a tablet?
Or do they not have coverage in america?

most people have a phone. All phones are capable of SMS.
Given the fact that it is more likely to be on cell or both than not on cell, using cell makes sense.
And since cell is the very basic, using that works fine for everyone.

I don't really need to have cc in my SMS app.
>>
>>51476518
We have had free sms for over a decade.
The main reason I ditched my 3310 was to get over the 31 text limit.
>>
>>51476841
>wifi and no cell

Places with poor reception- indoors, underground, shitty office location, out in the sticks, planes, etc.

>most people have a phone. All phones are capable of SMS. Given the fact that it is more likely to be on cell or both than not on cell, using cell makes sense. And since cell is the very basic, using that works fine for everyone.

iMessage is both SMS and data. I don't know why I have to repeat that this far into the thread.
>>
>>51474084
>can send messages
>can voice chat and video chat
>can do the above with groups

The only thing it's shitty about is SMS, so I use ChompSMS. But seriously, who uses SMS anymore? It's only for my pre-dark age contacts from work.
>>
>>51476964
>2015
>using bloated chomp instead of textra

The developers literally have only kept Chomp around because it's a more well known name despite also developing Textra.
>>
>>51476981
>despite also developing Textra
what the fuck.

I guess I'll check that out later then.
>>
>>51476957
>places with poor reception
okay.
Seriously though, when is this a problem?
When you travel abroad to a shitty country where this might happen?
>>
>>51474032
Something literally nobody uses and normies have never heard of. Virgins from /g/ who use it don't count.
>>
>>51476999
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Delicious+Inc.

Textra was meant to replace Chomp but now they just develop both side by side. Which is why Chomp is severely bloated but Textra is much more streamlined and more convenient to use.

>>51477014
I literally gave you several examples of situations where this occurs. Learn how to read you dumb fuck.
>>
Microsoft had facebook chat fully integrated in the SMS app just like iMessage is today. Ms did it before apple did it with imessage.
>>
File: epic memery.jpg (59 KB, 585x628) Image search: [Google]
epic memery.jpg
59 KB, 585x628
Why is everyone here so fucking autistic about SMS? I really don't get it. It performs the simple task of sending text messages back and forth with no more issues than anything else, it works with every phone from a 10 year old flip phone to the latest slab phone, and there's no dealing with making sure all you're contacts have the same messaging app installed. What's the big deal other than thinking you're somehow special or superior for using data/wifi based messaging?

>>51476886
The only limits I've ever dealt with is Verizon and their 160 character limit per message on SMS. Still a thing but not nearly as annoying now because smart phones automatically merge large texts that get sent as multiple texts back into one text when you go to read it.

>>51476957
>iMessage is both SMS and data. I don't know why I have to repeat that this far into the thread.
That's great and all but it's not cross-platform. I find it extremely frustrating that I can't properly group message with my iPhone using co-workers, and all because Apple insists on driving a culture of elitism and exclusivity. Wouldn't be problem if I lived someplace where something like WhatsApp was popular but I don't, so...
>>
>>51477080
you were serious?
on a plane is the only valid of those as airlines are afraid of everything.
Do you live in a nuclear shelter?
And even the worst buildings will only hurt your 4g and SMS will still get through
>>
>>51477103
Wasn't it a separate tab or panel or whatever the term is? Did it automatically switch between SMS and FB Messenger?

>>51477142
I don't have issues group texting with iPhone users. What are you referring to?
>>
>>51476518
>Euro's who have to pay for it to understand

But that's not even the case, what the fuck
>>
>>51474002
>texting apps
I don't understand why you people think some are better than others.
>>
>>51477142
the 3310 couldn't store the messages. they were stored on the SIM.
And when it was full, you had to delete all messages manually.
It was a pain.
shortly thereafter we had phones with internal memory so you could store more data on your contacts (more fields, images) and then storing a lot of texts on the phone became a non issue.
The merging thing happened a lot sooner, but it is still limited by 3 or 4 texts and you still send one message at the time.
>>
>>51477200
Try reading the thread before posting you fuckwit.
>>
>>51477236
>be american
>have unlimited everything
>simply communicate to people instead of worrying about data, texts, apps ect.
I still don't understand.
>>
>>51477324
I really don't get what your point is. Are you only talking to people in person? Also, you need to read the thread because it contains many posts that explain why iMessage fits into this.

Apparently you stress simple communication but have time to shitpost on /g/. Either read the thread or fuck off.
>>
>>51475478
Everyone in Europe uses SMS still. Hell Its hard not to find a data plan without unlimited sms
>>
>>51477367
I don't get your point.

>want to talk to someone when not face to face
>ask for number
>text person when i want
>call person when I want

So iMessage can use data, but why does that matter at all?
>>
>>51476518
>I don't expect Euro's who have to pay for it to understand.
Almost no one has limited SMS where I live. And I live in one of the worst EU counties.
>>
>>51477434
It's explained in the thread. For someone who claims to like simple communication you sure are terrible at it.
>>
>>51477142
What the fuck is this green/blue bubbles thing all bout?
>>
>>51477497
One is for iMessage and the other color is for SMS. So people will know who or who does not use an iPhone and then judge for this. I've never heard of this once in Seattle so I have no idea what group of people actually care. Teenagers? Lower class people who use consumerism as a means to act like they're better than those around them? Seriously, no clue.
>>
>>51477164
>I don't have issues group texting with iPhone users. What are you referring to?
Unless I start a group chat myself with iPhone users every person in the group that replies comes to me as separate message threads and I have no clue who is and who isn't in on the group at that point in time. As such my replies don't get seen by the whole group unless I manually add everyone to a single thread on my phone. It's really annoying and if iMessage was cross-platform I could just install it and have everything sort itself out automatically.
>>
>>51477482
I never said anything about simple communication and i've read most of the thread and still don't understand. You can explain your preference or continue being an apple shill and avoiding the question. Your silence will answer the question: no benefit.
>>
>>51477588
I don't have this problem on T-Mobile while using Textra on Android 5.1 and don't think I've had this issue for a long while. Like maybe not since ICS or JB. What's your setup?
>>
>>51477613
You said you "simply communicate."

So to you communication involves just making the other person tell you whatever it is you want to know instead of looking it up yourself? Hate to break it to you but you're hated at the office for this.
>>
>>51477164
>Did it automatically switch between SMS and FB Messenger?
if you had the number linked to the facebook profile, yes. which was neat, because it meant you had full control of who was linked and it wasn't a question of getting the server to update or automatically link the names and profile. if the person was listed as active on facebook, it would send it through that. with a handy "Now chatting on Facebook" in small letters appearing in the conversation logs. completely optional too, you could disable it. and also use the messages app on windows. pretty sure facebook was the one that killed it though, with them developing their own messenger client.
>>
>imessage
>good
>>
>>51477555
it's dumb that they did that in the first place.
>>
>>51475478
Hangouts does that faggot.
>>
>>51474079
it sends via text or mobile data depending on network availability. it will also display your texts on other devices, and tell you if your messages have been delivered and read.

the nicest part for me personally since i travel a lot is being able to text from airport / hotel wifi (sending actual old school texts can get really expensive when you're overseas).

in addition to those features it also looks better by default and it's free, yet there's no adds.
>>
>>51477555
Wait, how can an SMS from another phone be distinguished from an iPhone's SMS?
>>
>>51476518
You seem to be misinformed. Unlimited SMS has been a Euro thing for more than a decade.
>>
>>51477768
He's wrong. iMessage shows up as blue, SMS as green. It says when it switches in the messages.
>>
>>51474886
I too like successful massages
>>
>>51477768
>>51477555
iOS checks if the number is linked to another person's iphone.

>One is for iMessage so people will know who does not use an iPhone and then judge for this. Lower class people who use consumerism as a means to act like they're better than those around them.
No you brain amputee, the reason it gives you a visual indication is so that you'll be aware if you will get the extra functionality (delivery/recipient notice and the option to send over wifi when network is not available or you're in airplane mode). It's really quite obvious when you stop and think about it for a second.

It's mind-bending how completely paranoid and warped some people's perception is. It's like your entire life is about this spiritual deathmatch of consumer electronics choices. Jesus christ
>>
>>51477931
>extra functionality (delivery/recipient notice
So... a feature available in normal SMSs?

>send over wifi when network is not available or you're in airplane mode
How can you send anything over wifi if you're in airplane mode? Airplane mode means no radio.
>>
>>51477976
You can turn on wifi in airplane mode.

it's kind of dumb but possible.

maybe if you were on a plane with in-flight wifi?
>>
>>51477858
So they can't distinguish an iPhone SMS from any other sms, unless there's online connectivity to check the number.
>>
>>51478012
>You can turn on wifi in airplane mode.
I had no idea. I thought airplane mode was no-radio mode.
>>
>>51477976
>So... a feature available in normal SMSs?
Normal text messages will tell you if a message has been read without you having to send a specific extra request for that functionality wow gee thanks i was not aware, F A G G O T.

>How can you send anything over wifi if you're in airplane mode? Airplane mode means no radio.
no it doesn't.
>>
>>51477618
>What's your setup?
4.4.2 with stock messenger. I know I "could" download a messaging app that better handles iMessage but it's my understanding that it's still not perfect, especially if your number is added to a group chat initiated by an iPhone user. How can Textra or any app for that matter know who is in the iMessage group until they reply for the first time? I ask because doesn't iMessage show this to all iPhone users in a group?
>>
>>51478071
>has been read
You called this "recipient notice" and expected me to understand it meant a "read status"?
>>
JESUS FUCK WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING AUTISTIC. EVEN MY GRANDMOTHER UNDERSTANDS THE CONCEPTS OF IMESSAGE VS SMS.

FUCK I THOUGHT THIS WAS A TECHNOLOGY BOARD.
>>
File: 1371695216722.jpg (151 KB, 1000x1169) Image search: [Google]
1371695216722.jpg
151 KB, 1000x1169
>>51478078
>using an ancient version of Android
>"stock messenger" aka likely an app from your manufacturer
>not using Google Messenger

top kek

it's

we're on 6.0. do try and keep up.
>>
File: 4746638615_9f6c51eac0_b.jpg (314 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
4746638615_9f6c51eac0_b.jpg
314 KB, 1024x680
>mfw green bubbles text me
>>
>what is WhatsApp
literally everyone here uses it and it outperforms iMessage by miles
>>
>>51478172
Nice answer faggot. You do know that the vast majority of apps on the play store are still compatible with my OS, right? Why should I spend money on a new phone when this one just-werksâ„¢? Besides, Lollipop was/is nothing but a wasteland of memory issues and battery drains.

>we're on 6.0. do try and keep up.
Almost no one has this yet except for Nexus owners and Polish G4 owners.
>>
>>51478333
thank god you can use that age old vibrator app from 2007, what could you possibly do without it
>>
>>51478333
Nice answer faggot. You do know that the vast majority of applications for Windows are still compatible with my Windows XP, right? Why should I spend money on a new computer when this one just-werksâ„¢? Besides, Windows 8.1 was/is nothing but a wasteland of memory issues and battery drains.
>>
>>51476311
>Is this true? Why would anyone use SMS in freaking 2015?

As opposed to what? Email for exchanging quick messages?

We still use faxes though - unfortunately.
>>
>>51477931
What are you bitching at me for? I'm the one pointing out that I'm baffled that people even give a shit about what color the text is.

>>51478013
Correct, it's either iMessage or SMS.

>>51478078
Define "stock." Do you mean that AOSP piece of shit? Why not use Google Messenger?

>>51478297
How do I send a SMS with it to people who don't have Whatsbot?

>>51478333
>he thinks that you have to buy a new phone to update the OS

Sorry, but I have a very low opinion of anyone who solves a software issue with new hardware.
>>
>>51478699
>sending SMS
>2010+5
Tell them to get with the times in person. I haven't had to send a single text message in 2 years and I have well over 200 contacts.
>>
>>51478776
>europoors endlessly posting about their Whatsapp botnet

Please fuck off with your Facebook owned backdoored encryption piece of shit
>>
>>51478699
>I'm the one pointing out that I'm baffled that people even give a shit about what color the text is.
no, you're the assumptious twat cold-reading everyone around you based on their messenger preferences.
>>
>>51478910
What are you even on about? Please, re-read my message, I'm asking why others do what you're accusing me of because I've never once seen someone do it in real life.
>>
>>51478844
I bet you don't use SMS either because the gubment is spah'in on you.
>>
I just use signal all the time even for normal text messages. It's as usable as most of the other good third party texting apps for most purposes.
>>
>>51479025
Is there a way to text from a browser yet? IIRC they're working on a Chrome add-on since the encryption makes it so it doesn't work with 3rd party shit like Yappy, Pushbullet, and MightyText.
>>
>>51479025
do you still need gapps installed to use signal?
>>
File: 5435435345.jpg (32 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
5435435345.jpg
32 KB, 700x420
>Not using LINE
What are you, gay?
Because that's alright, Anon.
>>
>>51474197
>Hangouts still doesn't integrate with my sms well,
wat
its better than imessage
just press a button and tap hangouts message to send a hangouts message, or sms to send an sms
>with up to 15 min delay on send/receiving texts
maybe if you have a shitty phone with a fucked up rom. i never had any issues with it.
>Still can't delete individual messages.
why would anyone want this?
so you can lie about not getting a message?
>>
>needing a phone to phone message system cause you are with a jew phone company
>>
File: 1417938546456.gif (2 MB, 189x179) Image search: [Google]
1417938546456.gif
2 MB, 189x179
>using anything but SMS
Just kill yourself desu senpai. Stupid ass applel keks
>>
>>51479144
>wat
>its better than imessage
>just press a button and tap hangouts message to send a hangouts message, or sms to send an sms

How is this better? iMessage does the same thing automatically.

>why would anyone want this?

Why argue against having the choice?
>>
>>51479196
Internet is easier to access than an signal for SMS
>>
>>51479196
died he died?
>>
>>51479212
Not true.
>>
>>51479196
On iOS it's handled automatically. You are using SMS if the other person doesn't have iMessage.

I'm amazed at the lack of basic understanding of a simple service in this thread.

>>51479239
WiFi routers are more common than signal boosters in areas where it's hard to get a cell signal.
>>
>>51479239
Fuck you
>>
XMPP
M
P
P
>>
>>51479025
>>51479120
never mind, just tried it and it still does.

dropped for that, not going to install gapps at all, so staying with telegram.
>>
>>51479200
>iMessage does the same thing automatically.
thats why its better.
imessage tends to go full retarded if you've switched form ios to android and it will stop sending you messages, and you can't do anything to fix it besides waiting for a long time.
>Why argue against having the choice?
why would you want people to easily be able to lie to you?
>>
>>51479534
>imessage tends to go full retarded if you've switched form ios to android and it will stop sending you messages, and you can't do anything to fix it besides waiting for a long time.

Apple added a tool a long ass time ago to deal with this problem. Your information is extremely outdated.

>why would you want people to easily be able to lie to you?

What are you even talking about?
>>
>2015
>iOS still doesn't have a Google Voice equivalent
>>
>>51479576
>Apple added a tool a long ass time ago to deal with this problem. Your information is extremely outdated.
yeah sure they "fixed it"
I still do get messages from my friends with iphones unless i turn imessage back on

>What are you even talking about?
>get message from friend saying that it's important
>tell them as soon as they see it they need to do X or something like that
>delete message
>claim you didn't receive it
>>
>>51479620
>yeah sure they "fixed it"
>I still do get messages from my friends with iphones unless i turn imessage back on

So you haven't actually used the tool? You're just as retarded as you've been making yourself out to be so far. Your limited imagination while assuming there's no other use cases for the delete function further backs up this analysis.
>>
>>51479725
do you really think im that retarded?
of course i've used the tool you retarded fuck
quit trying to put words into others mouth
>>
Signal
>>
>>51479899
Signal w/ GAPPS
>>
>>51479764
Quit poorly articulating your thoughts. Why did it take you so long to even say that you've used the tool? It really ruins your credibility in the manner.
>>
>>51480075
*matter
>>
>>51480075
because it should have been assumed in the first place
if normies know about it, then everyone on /g/ would too
>>
>>51477142
>they're all nigresses
Why should we care?
>>
>>51477759
Doesn't viber do these too?

And if I have unlimited credit will this make any difference to me at all?
>>
>>51479899
This. Basically iMessage fully encrypted and cross platform.

>>51479966
Only for wake ups, not for delivery.
>>
>>51474056
This is why the economy is fucked.
>>
>>51482254
>Basically iMessage
except not pre-installed on every Android device. network effect matters a lot. don't act autistic and pretend that doesn't matter.
>>
>>51482398
and - as far as i know - there's no way to get signal notifications on desktops (and it doesn't fall back smoothly to SMS when necessary).

so it's "basically iMessage" except with none of the pervasiveness that makes iMessage really sticky for users.
>>
>>51482254
i can literally not install it w/o GAPPS friendo
>>
>>51482432
or rather register to their service, but might as well be useless if i cannot do that
>>
>>51479134
Just like my idols!
>>
The only reason i would EVER switch to iphone is for imessage because in Groupchats it takes me fucking 10 minutes to download the txts.

I might just get a used iphone and switch out the sim card when i want to get into a lengthy txting convo, tho i honestly prefer kik
>>
>>51482432
Cause it uses gapps for wake ups. Like I said.
>>
>>51477759
So basically it's like Signal or Telegram except exclusive to Apple.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.