[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do smart flip phones have a place in the market? http://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: samsung-flip.jpg (56 KB, 800x426) Image search: [Google]
samsung-flip.jpg
56 KB, 800x426
Do smart flip phones have a place in the market?

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-sm-g9198-flip-634219/

I want one
>>
No, you're just a hipster
>>
SM-W2016
>>
>>51473994
>Do smart flip phones have a place in the market?
>I want one
You've answered your own question

Where the fuck are the new qwerty landscape sliders though? I want to upgrade already.
>>
No, they are abominations.
>>
>>51474188
>I hate having choice, I want everything to be a glass rectangle!
>>
File: samsung-w2016-2-840x481.jpg (44 KB, 840x481) Image search: [Google]
samsung-w2016-2-840x481.jpg
44 KB, 840x481
>>51473994
>not posting the current article

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-w2016-specs-656893/

It looks pretty fucking sweet but it looks like buying one from china is going to be prohibitively expensive
>>
Yes they do, even though I've never tried one I do miss physical keyboards and not having a touch keyboard taking a portion of the screen. I think they also make good transitional devices for some of older people like my mom for example that when given an option to get a smartphone or a flip phone at the same price she chose the flip phone because she knows how to use them and just typing in a number to call someone is much easier for her than having to look for an app then the option to dial in the numbers.
>>51474152
And also what this anon said. I miss my Samsung Messenger with slide out landscape keyboard.
>>
I just searched for an estimated price. The world has gone fucking crazy. 1.6k for a phone?

Suck my balls Samshit.
>>
>>51475129
You can get an LG wine in for like $200. I'm not sure if it's any good though.
>>
>>51475129
A bit higher than I expected, I was thinking $1,100.

That's actually not too much more than previous high end flip phones immediately after launch. I wouldn't expect the price to drop too much either simply because it is Exynos 7420 and it's such a limited availability launch.
>>
>>51473994
In the future maybe in the same way the LP record has a place in the market. k e k
>>
>>51475743
lol my desktop computer and all it's peripherals don't cost that much.
>>
I'd switch from an iPhone if they ever come to the west
>>
>>51476107
Yeah, honestly most people interested in the clam she'll form factor are likely NOT going to be on the hunt for a spec beast like the W2016. Exynos 7420 and 3gb of RAM is wayyy more than is reasonable in this form factor, and the price point is a reflection of this.
>>
File: SPRIM9670_LPI.gif (43 KB, 270x410) Image search: [Google]
SPRIM9670_LPI.gif
43 KB, 270x410
>>51473994
Possible, but everyone is doing them wrong
Make semi-big internal screen (4:3 preferable, as 16:9 is too long. But 16:10 would be acceptable), tiny energy-efficient external screen and qwerty keyboard (or at least half-qwerty) and I'll buy several of them.
So far every manufacturer either makes the external screen huge or none at all, the phones are always very long and look bad and have numeric keyboards.
tl;dr update the one in pic and I'm sold
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.