[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you installed kali on virtualbox while running some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Have any of you installed kali on virtualbox while running some other OS?
Did you face any difficulties while running it?
>>
>using li
nux in 2015
>>
>>51469966
do you have any other os suggestion that has kali's toolkit?
>>
>>51469997
NSA tracks Kali users for potential hacking.
>>
>>51470212
>he thinks that everybody lives in USA
ayy
>>
>>51470212
stfu ill backtrack5 you and delete all your ports
>>
>>51470240
Good luck, I'm using OS X.
>>
>>51470212
source?
>>
>>51469952
I did and had no problems.
I don't like the new Gnome 3 interface they put on recently.
>>
>>51469952
Yes, I have used Kali in Virtualbox. It works flawlessly.
>>
I managed to test Kali in Virtualbox, and it ran flawlessly.
Thing is, I have no point on using it.
>>
>>51470232
>he thinks that the NSA only spy on US citizens
>>
I feel like there is one guy who is retarded and can't get kali working who shit posts these threads
>>
>>51469952
i dont know about kali but i had problems with aircrack, didnt really work with my wifi over vm, had to boot it properly... other than that, pretty much everything works well on a vmbox
>>
>>51469997
- spike
- backbox
- parrotOS
>>
>>51470274
>don't like the new Gnome 3 interface they put on recently.
This. For whatever reason, it runs like shit in Kali.No problems with it in any other distro though.
>>
I use slacware with all tools I need
>>
>>51472673
>- parrotOS
So painful to look at though.
>>
>>51470441

Before leaving on vacation/holiday, you ever go around to all of your doors and windows, and make sure they're locked? Would you know how to do the same with your computer & network? I mean beyond a simple port scan, or making sure Norton is up to date. Be honest.

You'd recognize if someone broke into your house...could you do the same with your network? Would you be able to recognize unusual activity? Would you know if someone tried to hide their tracks? I mean beyond the retarded AV popups on your windows desktop.

What if an attacker didn't change anything on your computer at all, but instead went after your router from the LAN side, redirecting your requests to a compromised DNS? How long would it take you to catch on? http://phys.org/news/2013-04-router-compromise-rogue-remote-easy.html

What about placing a simple internet facing honey pot on your network DMZ, just to see what happens. Would you be able to recognize when and how it got pwned? Would you know how to interact with it without getting compromised yourself?

Your average homeowner can spot an unlocked window or break-in, let alone a crackhead squatting in their garage. Most geeks would have no clue how to do the same with their computer.

There are some very good reasons for all of us to use Kali.
>>
>>51472753
Kali isn't an firewall mate, it's Debian + thousands of pentest software.
Are you sure you should be in /g/?
>>
>>51472804

Holy shit. My entire post talks about basic pentesting. Nowhere did it imply you should use Kali as a firewall.

Learn to Engrish better.
>>
>>51472753
I agree with you for the most part,but you can get by with just the basic shit that most every distro comes with.
>>
>>51472866
>he thinks Kali is for protecting yourself
>and not testing servers and shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.