[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the least expensive monitor that has a stand that allows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Portrait_LCD_polarization.jpg (143 KB, 986x619) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_LCD_polarization.jpg
143 KB, 986x619
What is the least expensive monitor that has a stand that allows it to go into portrait mode, high refresh rate being a plus? I want a vertical monitor to read my e-books easily. I can't be the only anon to want to do this. $100 or under would be very convenient.
>>
>>51465857
virtually every monitor these days supports orientation in portrait mode. just get a stand
>>
>>51465946
I can't find any good VESA stands.
>>
>>51465857
Out of the box, horizontal and vertical tilt monitors aren't cheap hey. I haven't seen any for like $100 that's for sure.
>>
>>51466052
http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VG2233SMH-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00JEUXKUY/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448178522&sr=1-3&keywords=pivot

cheapest solution i can find
>>
>>51466033
That's impossible. There are excellent VESA mounts out there. What have you tried?
>>
>>51466116
not for under $50 to add onto a $120+ monitor that actually has a vesa mount
>>
I bought a ViewSonic VG2233SMH which was the cheapest I could find.
>>
>>51466199
For $170 id rather save up some dosh and buy a DELL
>>
Dell UltraSharp U2212HM: $116
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9AX3MY6442

IPS with Pivot.
>>
>>51466276
woah AND it's new
>>
>>51466249
Looks like they bumped the price, I paid $130. You can prob find something in that range.
>>
>>51466142
No, they exist. You're bad at searching.

The mount can (and will) outlast your monitor. Buy one that's good and replace your monitors over time (if you want)
>>
>>51466276
Is this actually good? It apparently weighs 6lbs. $115 for that is a good deal desu even without the nice stand.
>>
>>51466368
If you use Visa Checkout starting on 11/23, you can get it for $106, shipped. Promotion below:

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/15-5474/

And yes, Dell Ultrasharps a pretty well regarded line of monitors. This particular model is older, and isn't one of their thin bezel modern models, but monitor technology hasn't changed much then and now. The only big advances have been adaptive refresh sync (g-sync, freesync) and higher resolutions (4k), neither of which are relavant to you at the your budget.

>But I've never used Visa Checkout!
It's literally a credit/debit card wallet. You sign up for an account, then you may add as many or as few credit/debit cards to the account. Then, at checkout, it works like Paypal. You're redirected to Visa Checkout's page, enter your credentials, choose a card to pay with (it can be an American Express, Master Card, whatever, this isn't Visa exclusive), a shipping address, then confirm, before being redirected back to the seller's site to confirm the order.
>>
>>51466558
fuck off shill
>>
>>51466903
I'm just notifying you of an additional way to get it closer to the $100 mark OP wanted.

Newegg never does generic X% off $Y purchase promo codes anymore. The ones they do are always through very specific checkout methods, like VISA Checkout or MasterPass.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.