[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we help NSA to better enhance their data mining algorithms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: nsa.png (689 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
nsa.png
689 KB, 2000x2000
How can we help NSA to better enhance their data mining algorithms and surveillance programs so that we can predict and prevent such terrorist attacks as the one on Paris, /g/?
>>
By using Windows 10.
>>
>>51462403
thread destroyer
>>
By outlawing snackbars, clearly works like no gun zones in schools.
>>
>report, don't reply
Trolling is against 4chan rules.
>>
weakening encryption.
>>
>>51462505
>Trolling is against 4chan rules.
What's the point of this website if it doesn't have the accompanying friendly banter?
>>
>>51462346
It wasn't lack of data which lead to the Paris attacks. Apparently they had info on the terrorists, they just didn't connect the dots, they didn't act on it.

It's actually a failure of the intelligence service to act when they had clear data that those guys were up to something.

There's literally no need for extra data collection or surveillance, if you are already unable to process the one you have.
>>
you said one thing as the means but that one thing has nothing to do with the conclusion you want.

you dont enhance those algorithms, you just apply them differently or create newer more specific ones and surveillance programs over us dont increase security they simply offer more perspective. the latter could possibly help prevent future problems but you still wouldnt be able to enforce of that away from home.

best thing we can do to stop this stuff from happening is to stop LOOKING for criminals and terrorists and instead find ways to curb their intentions. dont feed their egos, dont acknowledge their ideal, dont kill them back. tend to your injured, mourne/grieve your losses and move on. if the problem persists, then a more direct approach will be necessary. until then just make sure you dont use those you are protecting as target practice.
>>
>>51462403
>>51462434
>Samefagging this hard
>>
>>51462538
>thinks friendly banter and trolling are equivalent
>>
>>51462346
>How can we help NSA to better enhance their data mining algorithms and surveillance programs so that we can predict and prevent such terrorist attacks as the one on Paris, /g/?

>to better enhance
Please learn to fucking write, you unemployed piece of shit.

> their data mining algorithms and surveillance programs
The algorithms are pretty good already. The surveillance programs are what they would need to work on.

> so that we can predict and prevent such terrorist attacks as the one on Paris,
You mean just predict? Prevention currently requires human action. The NSA doesn't put boots on the ground themselves.

Overall, more surveillance seems to yield the most cost effective way to get better results. Cameras everywhere that classify areas as hotspots would be a start. Then the local police have to stop being pussies and start patrolling those areas.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-10-19-18h50m06s173.png (455 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-10-19-18h50m06s173.png
455 KB, 1280x720
>>51462346
Yeah because computers are so cool they can prevent terrorism. They have magical powers. If only we could find the right algorithm.
>>
>>51462754
There's nothing wrong with saying "to better enhance", you cocksmoking snob.
>>
>>51462585
Literally the saddest thing that I have read in all my years on 4chan, you're saying don't stop the criminals
>>
>>51462346
Not tech. The answer is ban the Islamic religion. This is the only thing that will stop Islamic terrorism, aka terrorism. Since you can't ban a religion you have to deport all Muslims. If you can't do that...well crazy religious bastard gonna do crazy religious shit.
>>
>>51462346
>check for name: Mohammed
>match found
>add to watch list: filthy terrorist

done. give me my fucking money
>>
>>51462569
>Apparently they had info on the terrorists, they just didn't connect the dots, they didn't act on it.
Are you sure this isn't what they wanted?
Just like those poor people in Tower 2 who were told to STAY INSIDE by the authorities.
>>
>>51462346
>Brown person

Check

>Breathing age?

Check

>Ambulatory

Check

FUCKING TERRORIST

Ban the brown peepholes
>>
Skynet
>>
>>51462599
>mom you said they are the same
>>
>>51464658
Not at all what I'm saying, I just didn't think you were stupid enough to quit halfway through reading what was written. I'm saying stop making criminals out of all brown people and instead focus on better understanding the problem. If you can figure out what parts of the scripture are the parts that "inspire" the "terrorists" then you can simply look to find those "kinds" of scriptures as they weigh against the regular interpretation of the codified texts.

For example, somewhere in the bible it says "Thou shalt not kill". While that does mean you will not kill in the sense of forbidding the act, it actually means that you SHOULD not kill IF you want to be in God's good graces.

So, if you find a bunch of people congregating and saying things like "Thee shall not kill" then it is likely a way of biding murderous contempt in a possible terrorist so as to allow him to build up the nerve through the deaths of his comrades. Does that make sense? Instead of forbidding the act they are denying the opportunity, which is clearly an act of terrorism. Terrorizing the peace that potentially exists in that person in order to let it build enough that the person exudes terror and eventually manifests into a greater form of it.
>>
How about spend less money on hard drives and more about actually infiltrating radical groups
>>
>>51465593
Why do conspirtards always assume that people are stupid EXCEPT when it comes to hiding conspiracies? People are retarded and useless at everything except massivly complex conspiracies involving thousands of people with near perfect secrecy.
>>
>>51465898
The issue is that many Islamic extremist groups aren't very rational. Even if we pulled out of every Muslim country and accepted tons of refugees and built mosques on every street, ISIS would still hate us and perform terrorist attacks, due to their philosophy.

I think you're also looking too much into how carefully they study their own religious texts and scholars. They mostly follow modern preachers/imams who mostly make shit up as they go along, and can justify jihad and terrorism in hundreds of different ways.

>>51465982
I know. Conspiracy theories never cease to amuse. Has there ever been a major event in the past 40 years that hasn't had thousands of conspiracy theorists claim was the work of the US government/Jews/global elite?

For the record, I agree that retaliating in response to terrorism, especially by discriminating against Muslims or disallowing immigrants, only fans the fire. But you still need a proportional response to terrorism, including surveillance and targeted killings. The trick is actually killing the right people, without making the general population hate you and join the terrorists' cause.

>>51465970
We are, where possible. You need both HUMINT and SIGINT for effective intel gathering. CIA is the one actually infiltrating the groups. NSA assists with intercepted communications and system breaching. It's hard to infiltrate a group cell if you don't even know it exists, though.
>>
>>51466013
I kind of made my replies out of order with the quotes, but you get the idea.
>>
>>51466013
>>51465898 (You) here

The study of the texts is where the money is, though. So they leave the people in the imams/mosques alone and let them study privately. You can be damn sure the scholars are going to cover themselves well enough that no one will be able to keep that money from coming in. With Islam, though, it's easier to preach within a level of magnitude that purveys a sense of terror ( acid to the face/hell ) without inciting too much panic as it can all be euphemized or treated as a "chicken or the egg" contraption that caters to both children entering the "realm" and/or "the infidels" where infidels literally just means stray. My ex had some serious stockholme syndrome from her abusive family that she looked everywhere for answers, incidently in a book about Islam, and only found deeper trenches to hide in. Since she was always afraid of losing her mother's approval, considering she never had her fathers' ( three of them ), she wound herself up in an armor of terror that she would use to gain sympathy from people along with her cunt and I think that maybe one of the tactics to be used in defining a terrorist might can be issued as someone "more than willing" or someone "with reasons to will themselves to power". She was demented as fuck and I'm now going to have to pay her child support and she will further be able to leech off of my hard work and discipline in my teaching my child since I didn't want anything to do with her after I broke up with her. These people, if she's any indication of what is written and treated as infidel-ity, will just strap themselves to the agendas idiosynchratically and simply enforce the misunderstandings one may encounter. They do study the texts but they don't mean to keep to it as a logical trial. It's generally a verbatim witholding of understanding. So instead, what they do is they mount up an arsenal of legends and propogate a sense of comradery even among people that dislike eachother.
>>
>>51462346
Hire Steve Gibson
>>
>>51462346
Has the NSA's data mining algorithms EVER prevented or predicted a large scale terrorist attack?

Didn't prevent Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.
Didn't prevent the Paris bombing in 2015.
>>
>>51466569 cont. and sorry about the lack of punctuation/grammar. I don't really think that matters right now, anyway.

So, for example, these latest bombing were probably commited under the pretense that the Parisians didn't "keep to their promise" of keeping the Islamic "peoples" safe from the prior Hindu attacks on the Islamic people. So, here, the Islamic people are allowing themselves a state of infidelity, it's like enumeration, under the guise of an abidance to the law of the land but then when the law fails to protect them they decide to take matters into their own hands under the, generally constituional, pretense that "people" should be allowed to "defend" themselves, as if combat on a greater scale is "turn-based". So, if you were to find that an idea of "our turn" was being preached, you could easily and simply find a point of momentum through which the "people" would diacritically disavow their own pretenses and let the "spirit" take hold, as if they were the hand of god, allah in this case.

So, for instance, some time recently I was replying to some assholes posting up boards that can be retrofitted to a working phone to make for sonic weapons. After I explained that I've been victim to this, the same ex I mentioned before, a bunch of tech-babbys ( more likely just one, but humor me ) came at me calling me crazy. That their "sacred" "tech"s weren't anything more than material to be used in creating more technology. They then continued to agree and slowly diverge into an "inducted" state from whence they could degenerate my claims on the basis of speaking for me now rather than against what I'm "preaching". I wasn't preaching shit, I was simply spouting off at some cunt for trying to get create a "keel" through which the regular people would have to stoop to the level of the aggressors in the matter because the tech is only meant for "self-defense". Pretty sure those chicks were black. But they were at least female or black.
>>
>>51462346
Another crusades
Deus vult
>>
>>51466751
Through this you create both conditions, "willing people", the bereaved and those "with reasons to will themselves to power", which is to say that now they appear "weak" and need to step up "their game" in order to keep up with the "agenda". The agenda continues at a steady pace, preach through til the next week and continue until you have a reason to change or until you've reached the end of any particular chapter. In doing this they will encounter only swift opposition, those waiting to make a move or waiting their turn, and from there they can continue to plan towards something less trivial and likely chaotic enough for a larger change to be initiated. So these riots, for a more local example, help the BlackLivesMatter and counter opposition teams, like univeristy activism groups, to enforce their own degree of ordinance as something necessary and necessarily to be kept under wraps. Hence the sonic weapons, and possibly other things like Islamic doctrine by way of the "prevalency of urban speech" and the general attitudes of folk in the "ghettos". Being that I live in a "ghetto of sorts" myself, this stuff is all around me day and night. I've almost lost sight, hearing, fine motor skills, PEACE and TRANQUILITY to these terror cells. Here in the vicinity alone there are tons of little narcotics troupes, the "militias" instantiated to "battle" these militias, the rhetoric that spills from the local meeting grounds, the counter opposition in the dogma of the religious texts that both empowers the miltias and deters the offenders, women that use their "parts" as venues for the naturalization of "life" as the remedy to these problems, the men that model themselves after the women in an attempt to further normalize the behaviors as the new baseline to the ongoing problems, kids with these sonic weapons ( as young as 10 or so. You may find yourself wondering why those kids that get beat on by cops always have their phone out ), The list goes on.
>>
>>51464416
not
>>51462754
but to enhance is to better, so.....
>>
File: shot0050.jpg (50 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
shot0050.jpg
50 KB, 283x283
>>51463101
>>
>how can we help the NSA make sentient AI so they can more effectively monitor us I mean catch terrorists

implying this thread is a discussion
>>
>>51462346
They could start by hiring more staff.
>>
File: shot0084.jpg (109 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
shot0084.jpg
109 KB, 420x420
>>51467029
You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>51467043
Heyyooo!!
>>
File: consider-kyouko.png (235 KB, 844x485) Image search: [Google]
consider-kyouko.png
235 KB, 844x485
>1) Close the borders
>2) Ban the koran
>3) Exile who opposes the ban
>4) ...
>5) Profit.
>>
>>51467515
>>1) Close the borders
Sounds good to me.
>>
Everyone working for the NSA should be hung for treason.
>>
>>51467565
Are you by any chance Islamic?
>>
>>51467584
Fuck off Obummer
>>
What if we just glass the whole middle east instead?
>>
>>51467684
It'll ruin the oil
>>
>>51467732
And? We can turn the entire middle east into one fuckhuge solar panel. That's enough power for everyone.
>>
>>51467565
you don't know a god damned thing
>>
>>51466013
>Has there ever been a major event in the past 40 years that hasn't had thousands of conspiracy theorists claim was the work of the US government/Jews/global elite?
Well, considering the US is pretty good at doing it, and several of those conspiracies were actually right, it's no surprise they keep coming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_United_States_foreign_regime_change_actions
>>
>>51466751
>>51466972
You write like you're either on amphetamines, or have schizophrenia.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.