[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ I have a quick question about my nokia lumia 800 I dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1432491969199.png (321 KB, 570x854) Image search: [Google]
1432491969199.png
321 KB, 570x854
Hi /g/

I have a quick question about my nokia lumia 800

I dropped it 10 minutes ago, it looked fine.
It landed flat on the back on bricks, and now i had to take the battery out because the screen got scolding hot and black spots started to apear.

Is the phone doomed now?
or what could i do to fix this?

I opened the case and the part that is hot is near the camera, not the battery itself but something near the sd card and camera is turning very very hot
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>51456699
Right, i tried to turn it on, it says the battery is empty even though i am sure it was fully charged 1 hour ago.
It also smells like burned plastic
>>
pic or it didn't happend
>>
>>51457840
I dont know what you want to see, the outside looks fine.
>>
A chip on my macbook pro blew and melted part of the speaker. Now it won't turn on. Please help
>>
>>51457849
If the screen literally starts to melt itself do you really think it's fixable? Time for an upgrade. Next.
>>
>>51457874
it's dead jim.
>>
>>51457900
Well, it turned black, like ink spreading you know
i touched it and it went back to normal but felt really fucking hot so i pulled the battery out.
Now it says the battery is empty, if i plug it in, the part next to the camera starts to get real fucking hot in a couple of seconds.

Can i open that up and just pull the part out?
>>
>>51458004
Alright honest answer anytime you are dealing with overheating and a possibly defective battery in a smart phone it's generally not a good idea to start messing around with it anymore. The battery can and will explode and it won't be pretty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xPHopebiE
>>
>>51458151
But the battery doesnt even feel warm?

The screen gets very hot, right where the camera on the backside is, and the connectors for wireless charging, but the battery feels very cool actually
>>
>>51456456
>Nokia lumia got overclocked by bricks and gravity

Well ok.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.