[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /g/, i know this isnt some help desk but no google search
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Ok /g/, i know this isnt some help desk but no google search nor hours of dicking aroud with this network has helped.

I have a small drafting company I work for doing their tech work for i.e. Babyboomers in a office Neanderthaling the computers. They have a desktop with XP on it and a plotter (gigantic printer) that works well together. I just installed and networked all their devices together but this printer refuses to work. I have all the drivers that I could download from HP but none of them work on XP. How does one get the machine running XP to host printing for the rest. Mind you I need as few steps as possible because this is 40 something year olds beating the shit out of these things.

inb4 tell them not to be retarded.
>>
>>51456041
Im sorry, the one running XP works with the printer. My issue if having other computers print to it. XP refuses to let anything print off the network.
>>
>>51456041
tits or gtfo
>>
>>51456151
its a old ex, no tits. Sorry.
>>
Your doing this kind of work first time, or something? Did you try to google by VID/PID? You need common/generic driver to work on host, and all other will be just using their drivers.
>>
>>51456170
Why would you post pictures then you kekfag? Nobody cares, she isn't even that attractive and looks like she is 16
>>
>>51456247
Ive done work like this before, but this is the first time ive ran into this issue. Plug the printer into Windows 7 and it shits itself. Plug it into XP and its dapper. Also its a HP DesignJet 430 if anyone wants to look into it.
>>51456281
You are the scum of /g/, just throwing that out there.
>>
>>51456170

shes like 13 you sick fuck otherwise you still must be 18, gtfo kid. this is a board for real grown m3n only
>>
>>51456350

*under 18
>>
>>51456350
>implying pictures cant be old
niggah im 22, that was when she was 18. Off my dick please.

also, pic unrelated.
>>
>>51456317
>You are the scum of /g/, just throwing that out there.
are you even remotely self aware?

You are putting pictures of your ex up with random tech support questions on a high volume anime meme technology discussion board.

Do you want us to masturbate to her? Do you want us to marvel at her attractiveness? Why are you posting her pics?
>>
>>51456317
Nice, how you answer first question, ignoring second one. Ignore model name, get PID and go from there.

Also, you haven't mention your topology.
>>51456041
> They have a desktop with XP on it and a plotter (gigantic printer) that works well together.
> that works well together
> but this printer refuses to work
Refuses to work on that machine, where it was working before? Or what do you mean? Anyway, if your xp host can't use plotter - install drivers on host; if just guest can't print off it via network - then elaborate more.
>>
OP if you can create this thread then I am fairly sure you are capable of using Google.
http://it.nmu.edu/docs/setting-network-printer-windows-xp

Just google around for printer server Windows XP.
>>
>>51457088
Thats my issue. It wont even bring up internet explorer. It will say its connected to the network and other computers can see it, but it does nothing. Ive said the hell with these fuckwits and got the printer working on windows 7, im now facing issues with AutoCAD and memory allocation now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.