[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KxtFjX This is going to be for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: facebook_machine.jpg (33 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
facebook_machine.jpg
33 KB, 420x315
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KxtFjX

This is going to be for a student who will want to upgrade in a few years. They don't play games.

What would you improve?
>>
Buy a more reputable ssd. See if the student can get a cheap windows 7 key from their school. There is no reason to use 8. Go with 7 or 10.
>>
>>51456091
I think they can. Do you happen to know if you can do a fresh install of Windows 10 as long as you get the Windows 7 key?
>>
>>51456119
I have no idea, I have a legit 7 key but just used a crack for 10 because it was easier. I'm sure someone here will have an answer.
>>
first and last bump
>>
>>51456005
- Get an about equal AMD processor for less money
- Unless you're playing games or do CAD, video or image rendering you don't really need 8 GB of RAM
- SSD is okay, but if you don't need the speed a bigger HDD for the same money might be a better idea
- Might check if there's a cheap OEM license of Windows that you can put on there (unless you live in non-free Burgerland where this is illegal)
- What do you need the wifi adapter for? It's a fucking desktop, just put a cable in and let him enjoy the perfect connection
>>
>>51456005
Unless they are going to use some very specific software, you could drop Windows for Ubuntu (Or some flavor)
>>
>That monitor.
You could get one at a pawn shop
>>
>>51456119
You can, but you need to upgrade old system first to 'legitimize' your right to free W10. Then you only need to download iso from M$.
Or you may consider Linux.
>>
>>51456924
OK, so install Windows 7 copy from school, request upgrade to Windows 10, format the hard drive, install Windows 10 fresh?

Is that it?
>>
>>51456946
Request is not enough, you have to go through whole upgrade installation process and activate W10.Then you're ready to go.
>>
>>51457003
Thank you!
>>
>>51456005

>no dedicated GPU

Nice job building a $600 piece of shit
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MXGQkL
Get a 1T refurb hd off newegg if you don't have any other storage for it besides that tiny ssd.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.