[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a new smartphone, /g/. I want something I can run AOSP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: samsung-galaxy-note-3.jpg (204 KB, 618x488) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-note-3.jpg
204 KB, 618x488
I need a new smartphone, /g/.
I want something I can run AOSP clean on or at least CM, with good screen space usage (for example in the Meizu MX4 the bottom of the screen is used only for the LED indicator so the bottom of the screem is basically useless. same for Nexus series. I currently have the Note 3, which uses all of the screen space with analog buttons.)

That's all I care about
>>
>>51450488
Well you need something with soft-buttons like on Samsung phones. Maybe get a Note 4 or 5 or S6 etc.?

iirc though you can hide on-screen buttons whenever you want so it shouldn't really be a problem either way.
>>
>>51451095
I know I can hide the in-OS buttons, but the fact that there is useless screen space annoys me.
>>
>>51450488
OnePlus X desu
>>
>>51451642
kek,
are there no phones like I described?
>>
>>51450488
Well,Galaxy S5 Mini might be good for you.

It's pretty comfy and runs smooth,CM12 or not.
>>
>>51452098
This is the most important part, I want to escape thy botnet. If it doesn't support a GAPPS-Free rom then no.
>>
>>51451253
I don't understand, if you hide the buttons how is there useless screen space?
>>
>>51452191
The bottom of the screen that does not display anything has no purpose.
>>
>>51452128
>If it doesn't support a GAPPS-Free rom then no.
It does. 5.1.1 is already out with CM12 for it and 6.0 just started development with CM13.
>>
>>51452381
Samsung is shit anyways and this device is old.
Are there no non-Samasung devices that have analog buttons?
>>
>>51450488
always thought that phone had a leather back which would have been pretty cool, just to find out that it is in fact, cheap chink shit plastic.

Samshit, not even once.
>>
>>51452439
>this device is old.
>implying S5 is newer and the first S6 as well
jej
>>
>>51452486
when exactly did I imply that?
>>
>>51452590
In your post.
>>
>>51452623
Except I didn't..?
>>
>>51452708
You did.
>>
>>51452723
Well then I didn't mean to. Would you please return to subject?
>>
>>51450488
What about Wileyfox Swift or Storm?
Runs Cyanogen OS.
>>
>>51452791
THANK YOU BASED ANON, THAT IS PERFECT
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.