[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if you do a SLi on a mmotherboard that only supports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 20086159_Z170A-G43_20PLUS-1.jpg (67 KB, 800x639) Image search: [Google]
20086159_Z170A-G43_20PLUS-1.jpg
67 KB, 800x639
What happens if you do a SLi on a mmotherboard that only supports Crossfire?
>>
>>51450431
It will transform you AMD graphic cards in nvidia graphic cards (and vice versa of course).
>>
>>51450431
It wont work due driver limitations.
LGA775 was the last platform as I remember where hack drivers worked and Ive seen setup running 8600GT or 7900GT i cant remember in SLI mode on a crossfire board.
>>
It doesn't work. It's just that simple.
>>
>>51450431
It would be extremely painful
>>
thanks to everybody for the answers, i think that msi is getting a little too jew lately, with this stupid limitations
>>
>>51450567
>limitations
you can upgrade their newer laptops to have 64gb of ram
>>
What I don't get is that there are mobos with enough slots for 3 ( or 4) cards, but no sli support, like what the fuck do you expect us to do with the extra slots?
>>
>>51450567
>msi is getting a little too jew lately, with this stupid limitations
No, you're thinking of Nvidia. Motherboard manufacturers need to pay a licensing fee to Nvidia to have SLI certified/supported motherboards. AMD doesn't require this, their cards will work on any motherboard with enough PCIe lanes.
>>
>>51450732
>What I don't get is that there are mobos with enough slots for 3 ( or 4) cards, but no sli support
Since when?
Its been a while since i updated my rig but as far as I know if it says sli on the box then it supports 3 or more cards depending on the slots
>>
>>51450608
yes but what the fuck should i do with 64 gb of ram, open at one time all the fucking programs on the pc?
Having crossfire support but not sli is just a commercial move, to make you but more expensive mobo with sli support.
>>
>>51450732
Well there are wifi cards, audio cards, and ssd that use pci slots, although mainly not 16x pci slots
>>
>>51450431
Already tried it.
SLI wouldn't work but they'd work as usual like 2 separate vidyacards.
>>
Your motherboard will grow an arm from the pci slot closest to the bottom, slap the fucking taste out of your mouth and then start pulling you into one of it's empty sata ports. Once pulled inside the motherboard it will grind you up and make you live a nightmare in hell for an eternity and then spit you back out from a usb slot on the back panel and then tell you "I love you". Time will seem to have stood still.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.