[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there legitimate reasons to maintain and link to a fake Wikipedia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ews.jpg (58 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
ews.jpg
58 KB, 900x300
Are there legitimate reasons to maintain and link to a fake Wikipedia page, or would it too suspicious to try and pass it? Is this even legal?

Someone (I know you know this person's name) in the entertainment industry maintains a fake Wikipedia page, with a url meant to look exactly like Wikipedia and links to the real Wikipedia. The content different than the real page, too. I imagine this is to skirt the pedophilia and abuse rumors that have been circulating for a while. Intended or not, the most likely audience is children for the page.

Pic unrelated, I'm not claiming this has anything to do with a conspiracy or the Illuminati. It just makes me uncomfortable because of the abuse allegations.
>>
>>51444907
I might be in the dark here, but remind me who or what you're talking about?
>>
>>51444985

Someone in the entertainment industry who produces content aimed at tweens. Not a household name, but quite famous. All kinds of rumors about this guy, including being the father of a certain teen star's baby.
>>
>>51444907
wtf are you talking about link it or name the person ffs. And if you wont? well then is this really the chan you should be talkin about your crackpot fanfics on?
>>
>>51445024

Fine.
the only thing I'm changing here is . so don't get confused

wwwDOTen-wikipedia-org-wiki-dan-schneider-tv-producerDOTcom

he links to that from danschneiderDOTcom
>>
>>51445064
>Dan "the Man with a plan" Schneider
Go back to /tv/ nigger
>>
>>51445024

Do you think its anything strange knowing the allegations, or is it standard/totally legal to impersonate another company?
>>
>>51445100

I prefer Dan "The Hymen Collider" Schneider
>>
>>51445064
Holy fuck, it's actually true! What the fuck is he thinking
>>
>>51445196

Yeah, there's no reason for me to lie about this
>>
>>51445064
What's his name?
>>
>>51445064
>>51445111
I didn't believe you but there it is kek
I have never heard of the faggot but im sure there is at least some truth to the allegations. As far as I am aware this is the only time Ive seen something like this. How did you find it? I figured he would somehow rank it up in SERP so teens click it instead of the real wiki but if I search "Dan Schneider wiki" the real wiki is right there.
>>
>>51445326
>>51445291
The real wiki is actually better then the fake one he made too
>>
>>51445021
Dan Schneider?
>>
>>51445326

I found it because he links to it on his website.
danschneiderDOTcom
>>
>random article links to icarly
fucking dan
>>
>>51446295

saw dat
>>
>>51445344

Yeah that's what's weird
>>
>>51444985
the fat guy involved in kids shows probably.
>>
>>51446981
What's his name again?
>>
>>51446993
Sorry, I wasn't aware his name was already posted and I don't frequent /tv/ or care about tween shows to have known it.
>>
>>51446993
Google says it's
Dan 'Hold Her Down, She's a Fighter' Schneider
>>
>>51447041

Dan "Get in the Van" Schneider
>>
it's registered to john vaccaro who's some homosexual play write from the 70s or something, and the admin is some accountant linked to dreamworks, but the registrant's organisation is something called sbi, which i can't find any info on. if you go to the address given for the organisation, there's just some shitty little shipping place called encino mail and more.
>>
>>51449307
oh wait, i guess sbi is Schneider's Bakery, Inc.
>>
Guise, the page is editable. Maybe we should contribute some more accurate information to it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.