[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Torrenting Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
My uni is strictly against torrenting/file sharing, anyone have a working solution? All advice welcome!
>>
Shameless self-bump - I've heard of Vuze, but I don't have much experience in the area. Help a /g/uy out!
>>
Get your own internet.
>>
>>51444128
It's against school policy, unfortunately. Any other ideas?
>>
>>51444084
ddl
>>
buh-buh-buh bumpinnnnn
>>
>>51444084
VPN over port 443 TCP and your set.
>>
Seedbox senpai
>>
File: 1443212152253.jpg (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1443212152253.jpg
1 MB, 1366x768
>>51444204
>>51444193
Thanks, I'll look into that. You /g/uys are the best!
>>
>>51444161
Move out of school, get your own internet or suck it up
>>
I commute to college so I don't do this anymore, and I'm not a big networking guy so I'm not sure if this will get you caught but it definitely worked for me.
>>
>>51444204
>>>51444084 (OP)
>VPN over port 443 TCP and your set.
This
>>
>>51444239
It fucking cut off the rest of my post, fuck you 4chan

The second half said
thanksgiving break is coming up, and if you're going home for that time I recommend you pick up an r pi and set it up as a VPN server on your home network and tunnel through when you're back on campus. I used to do this all the time to torrent in high school, since the firewall only let in HTTP/HTTPS connections. Of course, I did this with my behemoth of a computer at home because r pis didn't exist back then. It definitely worked for me.
>>
>>51444220
This. I used a seedbox in school. Works great.
>>
The uni I go to has a DC++ or whatever it was called server running. I used to get all my stuff from that seeing as my bandwidth was monitored. See if someone from your uni has one setup.
>>
VPN stupid
>>
Live off campus
Torrenting/smoking/drinking to your heart's content.
>>
>>51444084
VPN
P
N
>>
>>51444288
Yeah, I also used DC++ years and years ago when I was in university. I was actually made into a mod because I knew one of the guys running it from econ class.

Shit was pretty cash, there was a fairly decent selection of stuff even beyond the typical mainstream garbage. Mods were expected to mooch off other wireless networks (eg, Tim Hortons, Starbucks) and contribute at least 2 GB of new content per month. Obviously we wouldn't torrent stuff off the school networks, since you were liable to have your internet cut off unless you could prove it was for something legitimate (eg, downloading a Linux distribution). To avoid having people use up my internal network bandwidth, I always downloaded extremely obscure anime and just contributed that to the pool.

Of course, moving off campus for second year and getting whatever fucking internet I wanted was vastly superior. But DC++ was a good workaround for the 8 months in rez.
>>
buy the stuff
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.