[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the differences between Manjaro and Antergos? Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (30 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
30 KB, 1366x768
What are the differences between Manjaro and Antergos? Which one is less bloated after installation?
>>
Which one is the better lazy mans Arch?
>>
Antergos is close to pure Arch, they use Arch repos and have one small repo of their own for a few extra things. The installer is flaky as shit.
Manjaro is more heavily modified and use their own repos with no clear policy on how and when they hold back or release packages.
Both come preconfigured with whichever DE you choose and a GUI packagage manager (pamac).
Architect is the best option for newcomers rather than either of the spinoffs, it gives you a basic installer script to get pure Arch the way you want it in ~15 minutes.
>>
>>51436236
Architect seems like a good alternative.

I'm not a newcomer, I have been using different distros for a while and I'm too lazy to install Arch from scratch.
>>
>>51436236
This. Just start with arch and build it the way you want. You just have to be okay with having to download all the small things like music players, better browser, etc through cli (pacman) cause plain arch doesn't come with that stuff. Also use yaourt.
>>
>>51436300
If you're really lazy you can just grab the pamac pkg from Antergos repo.
>>
>>51436364
I grabbed pamac, it's nice for telling you when updates are available, but for installing/removing software I still prefer pacman/yaourt
>>
manjaro is really comfy
antegros is really comfy
>but manjaro has a nicer logo
>>
>>51436171
Both are bloat. Why not install the real thing?
>>
>not OP
I thought /g/ hated Arch Linux
>>
>>51437430
Where the hell did you get that idea? Most commonly used distros here are Debian, Ubuntu and Arch.
>>
Manjaro is shit tier, and should not even be called Arch. It's run by Brazilians. If that's not enough to convince you, maybe you should just get DreamLinux
>>
>>51437496
btw screenfetch will detect Antergos as Antergos and not Arch so unless you want to take time to fix that (nobody wants to admit they couldn't install Arch), you should use Architect or EvoLution (the former being the supercessor to the latter)
>>
>>51437496
>Brazilians
Fuck, really?
>>
>>51437468
Don't know.
Sometimes it's hard to make difference between memes, shitpost and real informations.
>>
>>51436171
>arch for babbies
just fucking kill yourself and use noobutu if you can't install arch
>>
File: 1416509538287.jpg (46 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1416509538287.jpg
46 KB, 408x439
>>51436171
why would you want arch if you're not going to use it as arch?
>>
>>51437985
epeen
>>
>>51437496
>Brazilians
I'm pretty sure Manjaro is Swiss, m80.
>>
>>51438336
dude one of the main developers is named guillermo or some shit
spic as hell
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.