[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get this for my mother?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
She wants a touch screen and backlit keyboard.
>>
>>51426425
You can literally get both of those things on that $300 toshiba Chromebook.
>>
>>51426471
She uses some proprietary Windows apps

Honestly I want to get the best for my mother.
>>
>>51426425
>backlit keyboard
what a waste of energy
>>
>>51426578
She still hunts and pecks.
>>
>>51426590
Reminds me back in the day when they released the desktop Pythonizer, not to be confused with the language but the Monty Python theme where you enable keystrokes to correspond to different fart sounds. I was 733t h4x0r and put it in her startup folder. *search* *peck* *bbrramp!*
>>
>>51426425
>She wants a touch screen and backlit keyboard.
If you have the money to blow on a high end laptop for someone that struggles with web browsing go for it
>>
>>51426425
If she has good eyes for muh small font on hdpi display then fine. Otherwise take xps15
>>
>>51426684
>xps 15
>$2,000

I don't love my mother that much.
>>
>>51426471
Got a link or name of it? I'd be interested in that
>>
>>51426716
lol
>>
does the xps 13 have a nice touchpad
>>
Nope. Get her a chromebook and be done with it. A lot less issues and easier to use for the technologically retarded
>>
>>51426858
No
>>
>>51426513
Solitaire doesn't count
>>
>my mom wants a facebook machine
>let's get her a professional business laptop
Just teach her buntu and install it on some cheap shit like a chinkpad, make sure you really lock it down though and it's gold.
>>
>>51426858
It's awful. The keyboard double types space too
>>
that thing certainly is nice but if you want those things and windows, and dont need killer specs, the dell 2-in1s (11 & 13 in) have perfectly acceptable build quality for like $400
>>
>>51426425

Touch screen laptops...holy fuck. Only Microsoft could come up with such a trashy, trashy idea. They have no sense of class or taste.

The next person that tries to touch my computer screen is going to get stabbed.
>>
File: TheStarlandVocalBandShow.jpg (57 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
TheStarlandVocalBandShow.jpg
57 KB, 1296x730
>>51426716

but I do and I spent roughly 15 dollars on yours last night
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.