[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have an unlimited plan with Tmobile? I'm curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: tmobile.jpg (10 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
tmobile.jpg
10 KB, 600x400
Anyone have an unlimited plan with Tmobile?

I'm curious about their unlimited data plan and binge on. Does this also include tethering? As in I'm aware that they get mad if you tether 2TB of data/month but would their binge on policy not count your data if it's via netflix or whatever apps they say will qualify?

What if I use up a bunch of data but not like an insane amount. Say 100gb/month, will they get angry at something like that?
>>
>>51420389

Their website explains this.
>>
Yes OP, just tested this myself (currently on 3GB plan though). I streamed Pandora for an entire day of work and commuting and my data usage didn't increase in the slightest.

Streaming video and audio does not count against your plan. It's unlimited by default.

Was gonna change to Cricket or MetroPCS for a cheaper plan but this new promotion is keeping me with T-Mobile for now.
>>
After what comcast is starting to do with there fucking caps im about to start doing this
>>
>>51420389
They now have a "soft" 23GB cap where after using 23GB of data you now have less priority than other users.
>>
>>51421257
>less priority
Does that mean that if no one else is on, you'd still get the full speed? Also source?
>>
>>51420875
Were you tethering?
>>
Why would you ever pay for tethering when you can just pay for unlimited, root, and bypass the provisioning check?
>>
>>51421458
It's on the T-Mobile site.
>>
File: 1446769856407.jpg (11 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
1446769856407.jpg
11 KB, 191x264
>>51420875

Pandora is free data, T-mobile gives users free data when listening to music on Pandora, Spotify, Etc.

>>51420389
If you're talking about tethering their Unlimited 4G LTE plan, you're SOL. They patched that up last year when users started using 200TB of data (using their phones for their home/biz).

They now cap your tethering data at 7GB, BUT the data you use on the phone itself is truly unlimited 4G LTE. I know what you're thinking, I'll just root my device and use a teather app that makes tmobile think I'm using my phones data and not my hotspot. They know and will ban your account (but they don't do it as much since they'd lose a customer).

I'm currently on the 1GB plan, used to use the unlimited myself since my landlord kept receiving letters from Brazzers about my torrenting. Now I VPN so I don't need it anymore.

Sauces: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08/30/legere-says-t-mobile-is-now-going-after-thieves-who-bypass-tethering-limits/
>>
>>51420875
Is this prepaid only?
Does the free streaming work with the $30 post paid plan?
>>
I have the $30 prepaid plan with 5 GB of LTE data that throttles after the 5 GB + 100 talk minutes.

Couldn't ask for a better value then that.
>>
>>51422688

What plan is that?

Under tmobile?
>>
>>51420389
The phone is unlimited, but tethering caps at 7gb/month and they start chaging you or stop service via tether if you do that.

It's amazing coming from verizon's bullshit 2gb plan. Less money, more data for hte occasional shitty reception.
>>
>>51420389
>Americans
>using T-Mobile

It is basically the must overpriced and worst tele company in germany.
>>
>>51423771
What would you recommend then?
I'm currently with my families plan underneath Verizon and in terms of overall financial it's better to stay on the plan and just contribute but I'm curious what other offers are available
>>
>>51423405
>and they start chaging you or stop service via tether if you do that.
That's flat out wrong. If you go over, they throttle your tethering to 128kbps. They don't charge you or shut off the service.
>>
No idea about binge on, sounds like bullshit, but you do get unlimited there and hotspot free
>>
>>51420389
Does this Binge on enables automatically or do I need to activate it?
>>
>>51425058
It's automatic if your plan qualifies for it

It lowers the quality of your videos though
>>
>>51425253
Does this work for those who have a family plan up to 10 gb of data with 4g lte?
>>
>>51425546
How about you do the slightest bit of research into your questions?
>>
>>51425621
I should of done that, but you since you help me I don't need to anymore. So thanks anon.
>>
Unlimited doesn't include unlimited tethering I think. I got their 2 unlimited lines for $100 deal and it includes 8Gb per line of tethering I think? I dunno, I rarely tether and mostly use it for music which doesn't count against your data anyway lol.
>>
>>51422725
tmobile walmart plan
>>
>>51427503
>>51423405
Unlimited plan tethering was bumped up to 14gb. You can tether and use unlimited Binge-On but it has to be their certified apps in the Binge on program. So I guess you'd have to tether to a tablet
>>
>>51424260
Look into cricket or MetroPCS for cheap prepaid GSM plans with a good amount of data.

I cancelled Verizon a long time ago when they were charging me $80 for 2gb on a family plan.

Right now im paying $60/month for 3GB LTE + rollover LTE and unlimited streaming as you can see from the thread.

>>51425058
Auto-on I'd your plan qualifies.
>>
>>51422688
Same, it's a great plan but I wished it included the unlimited bingeon usage ;_;
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.