[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I download Linux onto my surface pro 1? Is it touchscreen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1024px-Tux.svg.png (184 KB, 1024x1188) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Tux.svg.png
184 KB, 1024x1188
Should I download Linux onto my surface pro 1? Is it touchscreen compatable yet? And if you do recommend me doing this where can I download/buy it?
>>
>>51418748
It'll work if you pick a common distro with good driver support. What are you looking to do with your Linux powered Surface Pro?
>>
>>51418762
Mostly taking notes And/or a bit of drawing with my tablet
>>
>>51418917
are you dumb?
>>
>>51418917
Well, the answer to your question depends on how comfortable you are using a desktop UI with your stylus and relying on handwriting recognition that feels like it's stuck in the 90s. Are you okay with that?
>>
>>51418748
fuck no OP. if you have a surface pro, you will lose the ability to use the machine.

linux
>no touch screen support (will have to use stylus for every single interaction w/machine, even typing)
>shitty OS distros
>>
>>51418951
>>51418935
Oh I see where you're coming from. I have a drawing tablet that I use with my tower at home. If touch doesn't work on my surface after Linux installation I'd use that
>>
>>51418975
Even touch cover support?
>>
>>51418991
I mean type not touch
>>
>>51418975
I can use my fingers on my x220 tablet, I don't see why it would be different on a surface... I recommend gnome to op
>>
friend tried it, fucked up the tabled
dont get trolled
>>
>>51420442
You're friend couldn't even figure out how to put Windows back on it? Sounds like an idiot.
>>
>>51420745
if you couldn't get the main idea of a simple >100 words post, i meant that it didn't work well with the hardware

sorry forgot i had to be more specific for the special people in /g/
>>
>>51420780
Sounds like it didn't fuck up his "tabled" then
>>
One Linux please
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.