[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Faulty card crossfire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: R9-290-SAPPHIRE-6.jpg (71 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
R9-290-SAPPHIRE-6.jpg
71 KB, 550x365
Could it be possible that a graphics card is faulty on its own and does not display anything on a monitor, but in crossfire/SLI as a secondary card it will work find?
>>
File: 1447884648129.jpg (29 KB, 425x265) Image search: [Google]
1447884648129.jpg
29 KB, 425x265
>it will work find?
>>
sure
>>
Does anybody even far as before unnoticed previously prior to the past?
>>
tfw no work
>>
>>51417014

Possible, but unlikely.
>>
No it won't. It will either give you a black screen or a glitch artifacted screen.
Happened to me out of nowhere, fucking card just died on me. Ended up buying another for cheap off eBay and just have the defective one lying around.
I might try and bake it just to see if it can possibly come back to life but I doubt it.
>>
>>51417646
I got a defective 290 too

You know anything about baking besides that one thread from 2009 on some forum where a guy did it?
>>
>>51417883
Just that it might bring your card back to life by reflowing the solder. Just put your oven at a certain temp and throw the card in for like 10 minutes. It will smell terrible in your house but there may be hope for your card. That's all I really know though, gonna look it up and see if it even worked before. I wouldn't mind 3 way sli 770s or a second gaming pc.
>>
>>51417646
OP is talking about the display ports on a card being broken, but can the card possibly still work.Considering that the draw and texture information in an SLI/Crossfire setup is drawn on each card, and pumped through the SLI bridge or PCI-E to whichever card is plugged into the monitor.

>>51417014
In this instance, yes. It can OP. This scenario is is probably less common than lightning striking, but there is no reason the card couldn't work in Crossfire. This would also be true for OpenCL, and Crypto-mining. In all honesty, there are a huge number of things that would go wrong with a card first besides the display adapter.
>>
>>51417966
That was never mentioned...
I mean if that's the case than probably it will work. Like you said, the card will help process the data and the first card will be the one displaying it. Still, you have to wonder, since the card ports are broken, wouldn't the card be faulty than? Unless it's only physically broken.
>>
>>51418012
>That was never mentioned...

>>51417014
>graphics card is faulty
>does not display anything on a monitor
>but in crossfire/SLI as a secondary card
>it will work
>?

Its chinglish, but the question is there.
>>
>>51418012
>>51418052
"IT IS CUSTOMER RETURN ITEM BEEN TOLD IT POWER UP OF BOTH FAN SPINS BUT NO PICTURE COMES FROM HDMI.
SELLING IT AS FAULTY NO GUARANTEE NO RETURN."

This is all I know about it
>>
>>51418052
.. I still can't figure out how you came up with the ports being broken(I do bit I'm just saying). My broken card also displayed nothing. Sometimes in sli it would show a messed up image randomly but that's about it. Like cmon, all 4 ports are broken? It has to be his card died.
>>
>>51418080
Ohhhh. Ask the seller if they can try the dvi port. Could just be the hdmi port not working. If they don't want to than move on, not worth risking it. Like I said, my card would power on and the fans would spin but the screen would just be black.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.